Home

Jedi Knights: Masters of the Force

Shana

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lyla shivered and almost screamed but held it in.

- "Sawyer!...you scared me...anyway I don't see her in here either, then again there is another hallway right there ahead of them, she could be down there, but how do we get past this two guys here?" - Lyla said.

Strider's blue blade was ignited in an instant, but he didn't take the moment to take advantage of Apathy's distraction. "This would be a fair fight," he told himself in his mind, shrugging his cloak over one shoulder so the weight would be on his back, like a cape. "Wake up, I'm not going to take any cheap shots at you so you better pay attention now," he called, and struck once swiftly with his lightsaber, making contact with Apathy's blade intentionally to grab his attention back. He drew his lightsaber to a defensive position, "You're the challenger, make your move, Sith."

"They are," Gavin whispered, coming up behind Lyla and Sawyer. "That security holo that Briana accessed was recorded only three days ago. You can be sure they're still working on it."

"Depending on how smart those guys are, Gavin can manipulate them," Briana said. "Are we going to try getting past them or not?"

"I think we can all agree on that," Gavin said. He glanced at Briana and she nodded, moving off in a different direction. If the trap was mechanical, she could find it and stop it. Gavin moved into plain view of the two men at the table.

"Hey!" one of them called to him. "You come to watch?"

"Yeah," Gavin answered, continuing to approach. "Looks interesting."

"More than interesting..." the second man said. "Hey, I don't recognize you..."

"No, of course you don't," Gavin answered, looking deeply into the eyes of first one man and then the other. "Then again, am I here?"

"What the hell?" one of the guys asked, blinking. "Man, if that was an illusion, it was the damndest real illusion I've ever seen."

"Think all this work with this Force crap's doing this to us?" the second asked. The first shrugged.

"Maybe so," he answered, backing away from what they'd been doing. "Let's get outta here!"

They ran off and Gavin grinned. He motioned for the rest of the group to join him. Meanwhile, Briana still hunted for the trap...

Briana examined the device carefully and then placed a gentle hand on it to see if she could trace the connection...

"You called yourself a pompous jerk back on Yavin IV," Gavin chuckled. "Sounds like you weren't far off... then again, when Briana dissed me, I do believe I lost my eligibility to make smart comments such as this..." He grinned. "But whatever."

In the previous room, there was a loud roar, finally the great Marka Ragnos had awaken.

- "The ritual is complete...welcome Lord Ragnos" - the sith lord said.

Marka Ragno's putrid body had become whole once again, he stood there and put some robes on and took a lightsaber that was there for him.

- "What about the others? Ludo and Naga?" - Ragnos asked.

- "They're in the process of resurrection as we speak my lord" - the sith lord said.

- "Good...I sense, Jedi here, out there and in here, scout ahead and find those Jedi that have gone through here!" - Ragnos ordered.

- "Yes sir, I guess I wasn't hallucinating when I saw that kid" - the sith lord said and left the room.

==========

Lyla sensed it too and just hoped Briana could get out of there on time.

Strider circled around Apathy, twirling his lightsaber by his side, waiting for his move. "You have quite a bit of power in you. It's a shame that potential won't ever fully manifest so long as you indulge more so in the Dark Side." He came to a stop in front of Absath and held his lightsaber defensively. He would fight him with his eyes open for now, he told himself in his head. He began to sense danger. He felt the dark side presence of Ragnos' awakening. "I hope they can handle whatever that is," he thought quietly to himself, waiting for Apathy's move.

Darth Apathy laphed at Strider's challenge, he shifted his stance into an ancient sith power stance and delivered a quick and powerful strike nearly nocking Strider's lightsaber out of his hands and causing him to stumble backwards. Darth Apathy began to circle Strider, the others were all gone now it was just the two of them. "It's just you and me now, Jedi."

Strider smirked, "Jedi...that's an odd title to hear, considering I only rejoined the order yesterday," he said, bringing his lightsaber back to his defensive stance, "I recognize that technique, I'm ready for it this time." He replied, adjusting his feet and gripping his blade tightly, awaiting his next blow.

From Katarr a sound was heard by Lyla, a whisper.

"Ragnos", the whisper said, she felt the presence of Ragnos and moved to the previous room.

- "I'll be right back" - Lyla said and ran to the previous room.

When she got there she discovered Ragnos there.

- "Child, you are foolish to run here without your companions, then again, you are strong, I feel a great amount of the force flowing through you, I expected no less from Skywalker's students, but think, do you really think you can match my powers?" - Ragnos asked.

- "Well I can surely try" - Lyla said turning on her lightsabers and Ragnos did the same, he had one of the black bladed sabers, she tried to charge him, but Ragnos sent her flying back with force lightning.

- "Watch out child, next time I won't shoot to stun" - Ragnos said clearly mocking her.

Lyla stood up and attempted to charge him again, but this time when he shot his lightning he couldn't hit her she spun over him and attempted to jab him from behind but he took his saber and blocked her jab.

- "Good girl, but not enough" - Ragnos said and he used the force again to grip tight to her neck, and she managed to force push him hard against the table of the ritual which caused Ragnos to fall backwards.

- "Hahahaha... good, I expected no less but the fun is over child" - Ragnos said usign the force to throw Lyla against the wall, she hit hard on a pillar and fell down, blood streaming down her face, she managed to get up.

Then she heard it again, another whisper.

"Circle around and fake a jab then throw him back", she heard and she did this she circled around him with a series of jabs and slashes and then faked a jab and threw him hard against the wall which made him fall hard and his saber went out of his hand.

- "How could you, how could I've been beaten by the same move twice in my life, one so many years ago and now this, but how could she now, enough!" - Ragnos said and stopped Lyla on her tracks and threw her away against a pillar agian causing some rocks to fall over her knocking her out cold.

- "This isn't over girl, we'll meet again" - Ragnos said and hurried away with two sith lords.

The mechanism exploded, the explosion large enough to knock Briana off her feet.

===========

"You trying to tell me something kid?" Said Sawyer angrily at Gavin. Then they heard the explosion through the comlink.

-----------

The woman watched through the cameras and cursed. Now she was sure: Fir Sawyer was with them.

Pain and confusion flooded Briana's head when the explosion had died down. What the hell had happened? Then she realized that whoever they were dealing with had probably heard of her abilities with technology and had rigged that thing specifically to deal with her.

----------------

Meanwhile, Gavin stared at the comlink, too stunned to answer Sawyer's words. Finally, a single word slipped from his mouth. "Briana..."

He immediately reached out into the Force to see if he could sense his sister. A sigh of relief escaped him, but his face was still lined with concern. Briana was alive, but she was confused and in pain.

"I have to find her," he said aloud.

Archived