Home

A little misty eyed at the end

Jaden25

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the chills when Anakin was being burned alive and Obi-Wan just stood by (not that he could or would do anything), but after Vader's operation, which was really dramatic, he almost ruined the movie by yelling "Nooo!". Come on, Lucas couldn't think of anything better for Vader to say?

You feel sorry for Anakin/Vader, in retrospect. Ironic.

Yeah! I know what you mean...

At one moment in the movie, I got the scense of Vader being seduced by the darkside. In another part of the movie, I felt that his will was broken. Instead of a strong turn, I felt Anikan was helpless, and he thought there was no other way out... Very dramatic!! I loved it either way!!

• 5 weeks later...
I always wanna cry when Anakin goes into the council chamber and kills the younglings. HOW CAN YOU KILL SOMTHING THAT ADORABLE?

Gladly do it!! Just a bunch of enlarged human sperms anyways. Now little kittens, on the other hand, even a Sith won't hurt them! :#

I got the chills when Anakin was being burned alive and Obi-Wan just stood by (not that he could or would do anything), but after Vader's operation, which was really dramatic, he almost ruined the movie by yelling "Nooo!". Come on, Lucas couldn't think of anything better for Vader to say?

Well, I always think that scene is a tribute to Frankinstein somewhat.

That, and What Else Should He Say?

"I LIVE AGAIN... *breathing*"

"Why? You Sure?"

"*Faints*"

"Palpy I want my Padme Back... Pleeeeease... Make me a Padme... I promise I will be a good boy~"

"No, I don't~"

"Now... Where did I spawn this time?"

"Hey, You There!"

Well, I always think that scene is a tribute to Frankinstein somewhat.

It was quite deliberately so. Listen to the commentary on ROTS. GL says it himself. He wanted to emphasise that Vader was now an artifice of man, a tragic monster - just like Frankenstein

Sure, it was uncharecteristic as to what we've come to see Vader as, but GL also clearly states that Vader was never intended to be the ultimate badguy as he came to be known in the OT - morseo a very tragic/flawed character.

mtfbwya

• 1 month later...

Yeah, ROTS is a bit of a tough film to watch. I'll touch upon the major points.

Palpatine turning Annakin to the Dark Side

Order 66 and the betrayal of the clone troopers slaughtering the Jedi.

Darth Vader killing the Younglings. I mean, c'mon, killings kids?

The Annakin\Padme confrontation

That Padme had apparently chosen to kill herself (she was physically fine, but lost any will to live).

Archived