Home

Who spars with Lightsaber?

SixShot

I know, I know.....this sounds bizarre (Maybe not).

I being SW fans since I was a kid (Born in 1976).

Got my first Lightsabers (Luke & Darth) in 1994 then Darth Maul's in 1999.

Recently got the Ultimate Lightsaber set when my bro went to US.

I and my mates would take the lightsabers and spar with each other.

That was sooo cool man. And we would quote lines like "Your powers are weak, I find your lack of faith disturbing or I am now the Master!"

Wonder any1 here does that too?

I even adopted Chinese, Japanese and Western swordfighting in the sparring too.

Yes, I am a Chinese. I find Chinese swordstyle cool ( although tiring ) and I would adopt them into lightsaber style.

Ever heard of the novel: The Sword of Heavens & The Dragon Saber?

Well, it's from the trilogy of how the Chinese overthrow the Mongols in the 14th century.

The line starts like this (approx meaning):

The Saber of Dragon Slaying. Who dares not to contest for it?

The Sword of Heavens reigns supreme. Who dares not to acknowledge it?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forums SixShot .... interesting topic :)

Ive never had the toy/replica sabers, so I cant say that I have sparred with a saber.

Of course, everyone as kids has had a mock sword fight with a broomstick and the like, but I dont think thats the same thing :)

mtfbwya

When I was younger I would always so lightsaber fights in my driveway and basement with my brother and friends. We had a good time :)

Actually, this halloween I dressed as Obi-Wan and a senior at my school dressed as Darth Sidious, so naturally we had a lightsaber battle. The Dark side won that battle though :(

Are you a little old for that sort of thing? ;)

Not really. Sure beats just fantasizing in my mind. At least, I can act out the actions with my mates.

We are all sort of swordfighting fans. Western and Eastern stuffs.

So we would experiment with all sorts of sparring styles.

(With safety precautions, we wouldn't to lose an eye or a limb)

We talked about what the Force is capable of beyond Star Wars movie.

Like using the Force to generate kinetic energy with the power of a concussion missile, or generate kinetic force with 'saber slash that meant to attack enemies a distance away.

After all the Force is not just limited the capabilities declared in the

Star Wars Universe.

Because the Force is real and everything :xp:

Obi Wan in ANH:

The Force is what gives a Jedi his powers. It is an energy field that is created by all living things. It surrounds, and penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together.

The Lightsaber

This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians or peace and justice in the Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire....

My friend and I used to "spar" with plastic baseball bats when we were younger. It got pretty intense; we stopped doing it after he splintered my bat with a particularly forceful swing. :indif:

Recently though, I just satisfied my saber-lust be joining a fencing club. It worked pretty well, and it's an intense workout to boot. Swordplay is a very interesting topic in general, and it sounds pretty neat that you've built on your technique in your sparring.

My friend and I used to "spar" with plastic baseball bats when we were younger. It got pretty intense; we stopped doing it after he splintered my bat with a particularly forceful swing. :indif:

Recently though, I just satisfied my saber-lust be joining a fencing club. It worked pretty well, and it's an intense workout to boot. Swordplay is a very interesting topic in general, and it sounds pretty neat that you've built on your technique in your sparring.

Yeah, I learnt a lot along the way.

Chinese style is OMG a lot.

Euro also a handful.

But it's very enriching for me and my mates.

You know, guys.

Ever thought of adding more styles to the Lightsaber hilt?

Like for me, a Hilt with a Chinese Dragon head, jaws gaping. When ignites, it emits a yellow blade.

Maybe more elegant one would be a lotus flower head, when ignites, the petals would open and out comes the blade!

Or a spear head type. The spear head splits in 2 and ignites.

The Sith types would be a skull with a open/close jaws or a gargoyle with open/close jaws or a demonic claw as blade emitter. With black finish hilt! Badass man!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never sparred with a fake light saber. But my brothers and are friends would play what we could "Swords" with wood pulls and some time we'd protend that we had foce powers and all that stuff. Ah... Thoughs were fun times. But now every one is older and plays PC insted of doing that type of stuff.

When I was younger I would always so lightsaber fights in my driveway and basement with my brother and friends. We had a good time :)

Actually, this halloween I dressed as Obi-Wan and a senior at my school dressed as Darth Sidious, so naturally we had a lightsaber battle. The Dark side won that battle though :(

Well, for halloween my friend (MagnaGuard) and I dressed up as Jedi. I was dressed up as Anakin Skywalker and my friend....well....I am not sure exactly what he was suppose to be. We both had lightsabers and we spared, but then again...I'm 15 (turned 15 yesterday) and he's 14.

It's Ok. I am 29 this year. 30 the next year, I still like to spar with Lightsabers.

Gives me a good workout alternatively than just doing sit-ups, & push ups.

Dude thats sad.... Have you moved out of your parents house yet? Ever kissed a girl lol? Thought so....

Dude thats sad.... Have you moved out of your parents house yet? Ever kissed a girl lol? Thought so....

:eyeraise: And why is that sad?

I don't think you're at all grasping what he means by sparring. It is an excellent workout, and much more interesting than doing generic pushups. If anything, women would be more enticed by someone who spars as opposed to someone who does the occasional crunch. On top of that, you learn a more effective method of self-defense. Hardly something to be sad about.

han sala, I'm getting tired of your off-topic chatter. You should check out the forum's COC before posting anymore. You've been warned.

And to contribute to the topic, I used to duel with friends. We did some crazy stuff back then. Lightsabers + giant tramploine = fun.

I am 14 and I still duel with my friends I am just having a hard time picturing a 30 year old running around in a grassfield saying lines from SW and pretending to use the force... I am sorry If I find that wierd... And isnt this kind of an off topic forum??? "Visitors beware! Almost anything goes in the Cantina, whether it be Star Wars related or not!" Have never gotton that about the rules of Lucasforums... I dont know maybe I am just crazy. From now on I will try to stay on topic no matter what my opinions are. I will also try my hardest to make sure not to "Flame" did not see that when I read the COC few months ago...

Archived