Does the timeline go far enough?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Does the timeline go far enough?

• Yes im fine with it
    • Nope! I want everything
    • hmm tough one, i'll skip this

Guest DarthMaulUK

Lets debate this one!

Ive seen alot of posts against the idea and some for it.

Personally, the chance to re-write the history of Star Wars excites me. Ending the timeline (in terms of Tech) at a New Hope, is fine by me. There has to be room for some expansion (maybe) and of course, it gives the Modders (as we have seen) the chance to show off their work. And some of it looks incredible.

It makes for an interesting game and with just 12 weeks until street, there really isnt much time left to debate as most of us will be busy playing!!

DMUK

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Problem here with it. I think its good to say ANH is the end for THIS game.

Especially if u think over balancing. If u add some stronger Ships like in Episode 6, there wont be that much attention for the smaller Ships.

And also, as said before, the is a lot of room for Modders or even for Expansions!

I like how it ends at ANH because like you said DMUK you can rewrite Star Wars history for that movie. It wouldn't be realistic if units that weren't around in ANH were included. I like the way they are doing it. And plus it gives the modders something to do :)

I'm abit disappointed we didn't get to ask the question I posted for the chat, namely if it was true that the game, not the tech tree (this we knew already), ends at ANH. Meaning we get to play for 2-3-4 years (or whatever many years they settle on the game starting at prior to ANH) up until the events of ANH and then game over.

That was the key issue I wanted to be answered propperly in the chat. :(

If this truely is the case, I'm feeling alittle left down on this game.

i'm quite fine with it. It'll be interesting to see their interpretation on how the two distinct cultures of the prequels and the OT mix. I'm really intregued. I really really love the OT I have to admit so it's a tiny perversion in my mind, but I think it will go a long ways to unifying the two in my mind. I really can not wait to see their interpretation of the transition. (For that matter I can't wait to see books on the transition). The real establishment of the Empire. And I'm excited about taking hold of the Rebel Alliance and manuevering them to galactic liberation.

Also I'm quite confident I'll be buying an expansion pack that takes the tech tree and story line all the way to ROTJ and a little past, so it honestly doesn't worry me much. lol

In all the tech being only to ANH doesn't worry me much at all, especially since you can see snowspeeders and AT-ATs and A-wings sitting out there. I don't know why they bothered to say that when they show hoth AT-ATs vs. Speeders, etc. heh.

As long as they make an expansion that goes to RotJ, stopping just at the second death star battle, I'm good with it. Otherwise, if there are no plans for an expansion, i'm slightly disappointed that some of my favorite ships won't be in there (and no death star lasers fired at capitol ships) but it won't stop me buying this awesome looking game.

i noticed there is at-ats and snow speeders and speererbikes. and that the tie advance is the imp intercepter.

but still i feel we need bwings and tie intercepters and a deathstar 2 and a super isd. the game just feels incomplete with out it. its like watching epesodes 1-4, then asking, is that it? blow up one death star and the rebs win? then your just missing half of the rebelion wars. no hoth war. no death star 2 war. yeah i know we can fight for hoth. but its just not the same. a screw it. atleast give us a bwing

i noticed there is at-ats and snow speeders and speererbikes. and that the tie advance is the imp intercepter.

but still i feel we need bwings and tie intercepters and a deathstar 2 and a super isd. the game just feels incomplete with out it. its like watching epesodes 1-4, then asking, is that it? blow up one death star and the rebs win? then your just missing half of the rebelion wars. no hoth war. no death star 2 war. yeah i know we can fight for hoth. but its just not the same. a screw it. atleast give us a bwing

The thing about making an SSD is just that it would be severely unbalanced with the rebels. While they could come up with some creative ways the rebels would balance it behind the scenes I'd also rather not see another "Bulwark Battlecruiser"

The thing about making an SSD is just that it would be severely unbalanced with the rebels. While they could come up with some creative ways the rebels would balance it behind the scenes I'd also rather not see another "Bulwark Battlecruiser"

If they were to balance it out, the Bulwark Battlecruiser would be the only option to go with. :)

Like you said, we don't need to see yet another super battleship on the rebel side. :p

If they were to balance it out, the Bulwark Battlecruiser would be the only option to go with. :)

Like you said, we don't need to see yet another super battleship on the rebel side. :p

Especially since I really question the existance of the Bulwark Battlecruiser. It isn't mentioned at ALL in EU and it's only mention is in rebellion.

It's just a cop out by the rebellion devs to try and balance the sides when nothing really matched the power of the SSD which is why I knock its stats down whenever mess with RebEd.

for those of you who are totally lost and have not played Rebellion:

Bulwark Battlecruiser

designed and manufactured by TransGalMeg, this older battleship found acceptance in the Alliance fleet during the Galactic Civil War. Many felt that the ship's electronics and sensors were too finicky for regular combat, but the Alliance found that the Bulwark was more than adequately armed and shielded for battle. Most Alliance Bulwark battlecruisers served as mobile command bases for smaller fleets, which were detached from their primary battle group.

source:

Rebellion, copyright 1997, from LucasArts Entertainment Company

I will let them slip with the Death Star.

Did you actually expect them to include the second Death Star? Even if the timeline did go longer it wouldn't make sense to include both the first and second death stars.

But I do agree about the TIE interceptors, I wish they had been included.

Did you actually expect them to include the second Death Star? Even if the timeline did go longer it wouldn't make sense to include both the first and second death stars.

I agree. It would be redundant, yet the battle may be needed to finish the storyline, at least of the trilogy.

Archived