Home

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

Mike Windu

I dont care how happy YOU would be. You're not so evil evil evil that your very NAME is unspeakable. I don't think that kind of evil is prone to happy dancing.

He's mad now, though. Before Harry zapped him of his strength, Voldemort was indeed something twisted and wicked. But I think being transformed into his former self after living for more than a decade powerless and deformed caused him to go quite a bit cuckoo in the head. Especially when the little punk who took away his power is right there, ready to be tortured.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seemed kinda rushed

My thoughts exactly. I mean, it only took them one year to put out. That's freaking fast. I understand the kids aren't kids anymore, but holy crap, take your time to make a good movie.

I saw it last night. I was slightly let down. I've read most of the books a few times (I know, I know), and they left out stuff. And a lot of it. Most of it was little things that really didn't change the story one way or another. But, there was some of it that really made the book funny. IE, the letter from Ron at the beginning.

Other than that, pretty good movie. The action sequences were great and I really liked how Snape interacted with Ron and Harry. That was perfect. The twins were on top of their game. Really looking forward to see how they do the next one.

My thoughts exactly. I mean, it only took them one year to put out. That's freaking fast. I understand the kids aren't kids anymore, but holy crap, take your time to make a good movie.

Come on, seriously. Alfonso Cuarón is a mexican just like I am and I'm just dissapointed that he made the worst of all four films. I'm sorry to say it, but Mike Newell made the cast give more convincing performances, and concentrated his efforts on it. Alfonso just couldn't handle it. :( it breaks my heart to say it, and he left out much more important scenes from the book, like the explanation to why his patronus was the image of his father's animagus form.

I saw it last night. I was slightly let down. I've read most of the books a few times (I know, I know), and they left out stuff. And a lot of it. Most of it was little things that really didn't change the story one way or another. But, there was some of it that really made the book funny. IE, the letter from Ron at the beginning.

I saw it on Saturday and on Sunday, I was totally blown away, but really you couldn't make a harry potter movie three hours long, it's too much, I do think, however that the Quidditch World cup should have appeared complete, it was for me one of the most exciting scenes of the book, so Newel should put the whole scene in the dvd. I was also let down by the fact that there were several things they left out, but seriously Hermione's obsession with SPEW is just annoying and totally inconsecuential at this point even in the books, it's just a side story for hermione. But mostly a lot from the books that is not in the movie just would have cut the flow of the film and would have been totally unnecesary, Ludo Bagman and Doby are just characters that in terms of the movie, didn't have much to participate on, and they were not going to spend money on an actor to appear for less than a minute.

Other than that, pretty good movie. The action sequences were great and I really liked how Snape interacted with Ron and Harry. That was perfect. The twins were on top of their game. Really looking forward to see how they do the next one.

I loved the movie, it was great, I am a potter fan, and I'm not sorry for admitting it, I have all six books and I've read them a thousand times. I was also let down by the fact that there were several things they left out, but seriously Hermione's obsession with SPEW is just annoying and totally inconsecuential at this point even in the books, it's just a side story for hermione. Harry looks great and Krum is just hot, ron is ugly and Cedric was hot but sadly dead... Cho sucks!

Wow...Didn't think I would get that kind of reaction. The reason why I wasn't happy with some of the stuff they left out was because again it made the book funny. I forgot about the SPEW stuff. Glad they left it out. I would have liked to have seen:

Sirius, Dobby, Bagman, Quidditch match

The cast as a whole acted wonderfully. For me the movie didn't seem long enough despite the 2:45 min running time. It just felt like it hit up the really, super improtant parts. There was just little things that I missed not seeing.

I think one of the biggest sufferings of the movie is it's pacing. Because there is so much story, it's HERE THERE OVER THERE LOOK OKAY MOVING ON!

There's no character development, or any kind of sub-plot, and no scene is allowed to take longer than the absolute minimum necessary to convey the point. (Aside from the overly drawn out and boring dragon chase)

I think one of the biggest sufferings of the movie is it's pacing. Because there is so much story, it's HERE THERE OVER THERE LOOK OKAY MOVING ON!

There's no character development, or any kind of sub-plot, and no scene is allowed to take longer than the absolute minimum necessary to convey the point.

It was too much content to put in the movie, I think it hit the main points of the story and it did it great.

(Aside from the overly drawn out and boring dragon chase)

I actually liked that scene.... :(

It was too much content to put in the movie,
Which is basically my point. If you can't do it right, don't do it at all. If you like it that way, then that's fine, and it's your opinion, but I think at the very least they should've made a 3 hour movie out of it. Then it would have seemed like they were at least TRYING.

but look at it the way it was, GoF has too many subplots that don't really contribute to the movie, just for the fun of the reader, that's why they are there, Dobby is great, but he has too many scenes in the book that just would cut the flow of the film and he only has like two scenes of relevance in which he appears only for like less than a minute and he's gone... And if you think about it cooly, then you'll realise that the movie can perfectly survive without the subplots

I think at the very least they should've made a 3 hour movie out of it. Then it would have seemed like they were at least TRYING.

I concur. I was expecting it to be at least 3 hours, and was surprised when I realized that the movie was almost over at the time it was.

There's no character development, or any kind of sub-plot, and no scene is allowed to take longer than the absolute minimum necessary to convey the point. (Aside from the overly drawn out and boring dragon chase)

Actually I think there was a ton of character development as Harry and the others start their whole teenage love/etc thing with the Yule Ball, Cho Chang, Fleur, etc etc etc.

But whatever, your opinion is your own.

you have the director's number? interesting...

working on it :)

yes, i relly liked how there was no S.P.E.W in it, i alos liked how Ron and Harry didnt fight as much as they did in the book...

i hated also that they didnt talk more the alastor moody when they found out about, like, the people that havent read the book dont understand how that happened...i also didnt like moodys eye, i expected it to be like a glass eye, but i guess they couldnt do that since they cant just take his eye out and put in a glass one.

the best part from book-to-movie was prolly when Harry left the ring on the first task and the dragon followed him and they went onto the castle...i say that was the best part...i

also expected there to be the muggle at the world cup that get taken by the death eaters, and where they went into the forest and there was dobby not just harry

getting hit in the head then seeing Barty Coruch Jr.

i also didnt like how they never had that rita skeeter dispute and where hagrid was going out w/ madam...w/e her name was.

i also expected the death eaters hats to be different...

[EDITED]

Archived