Home

Does it have to be so long?

Vladimir-Vlada

Bassicly this time-spawn between KOTOR 3 and TSL (unconfirmed I hope) is something that worries me. Let me clarify:

Now I know that you cannot have squeles that begin 1 day after the prequel. And that the time-spawn is required to be 2 to 5 months, that's a requirement, because sometimes the story needs to develop without you... But where and how did they come up with the ridicoulosly long 14 YEARS?

Really, the state at which we left the Republic was obvious: Weak, Unstable, Easy target. And not to account more.

If this time-spawn was meant to be an excuse to go to 'classic' RPG, by NOT following the story that was CLEARLY meant to be continued (with Revan and Ry'ghol) since most people want a new PC; then its' a pretty bad one.

I don't know about you, but this is really stupid... 14 years. Really...

I wouldn't mind if we have a different PC, but still the time-spawn is way too long.

Ehr...

Between episode 1 and 2: 10 years

between episode 2 and 3: 2 years

between episode 3 and 4: 20 years

between episode 4 and 5: 3 years

between episode 5 and 6: 3 years

In short terms:

No movie uses such a rediculous long time between 2 storys.

I fully agree.

As far as I know, that was only a rumor that was going around started by a bunch of people who thought that's how the story should continue, not an actual timespan set by LA.

In fact, last I checked, LA hadn't even confirmed or denied that they were going to make a third installment to the series, so I doubt they would've given out a timespan between the second and third if they didn't even announce they were making one.

As for the idea of 14 years, I don't like it at all. What's the point of even having it as a third installment if it's going to be so far into the future. At this point in time, Revan and the exile would either be dead, or too old to be able to do any huge battling in the game, so it would kind of defeat the whole purpose of them being the *main characters* like they are in the first two.

Personally, I'm thinking of a timespan of maybe a year and a half, where nothing much has really happened, and the Republic has just fallen deeper and deeper into turmiol.

As for the idea of 14 years, I don't like it at all. What's the point of even having it as a third installment if it's going to be so far into the future. At this point in time, Revan and the exile would either be dead, or too old to be able to do any huge battling in the game, so it would kind of defeat the whole purpose of them being the *main characters* like they are in the first two.

Did you see Episode 3?

Did you see Episode 3?

I can only assume you're refferring to Yoda and Palpatine squaring off...

If that's so, you're refferring to two very powerful force users who have dedicated their lives to the teachings of the force, and all of it's aspects. Both of which used practically just the force in their battle against each other. Both Palpatine and Yoda have practiced lightsaber forms for years, and have quite a lot of practice in the use of them.

My point being that neither Revan, nor the Exile have this experience, and I doubt that 14 years will change that fact. In fact in my opinion, both of them will be hindered as opposed to helped by the advancement of 14 years.

Also, you have to remember, that yoda and Palpatine only fought *each other*, they didn't go up against a vast army of powerful force users, like Revan and the Exile would be going against. How long do you really think they'd last, regardless of Revan's cunning, and the Exile's force leeching techniques?

14 years is by far too long, and it only serves to kill all former plots and subplots of the first two. And we can't have the Republic go from a state of prosperity to being about to fall apart, and skip completely over the rebuilding of the Republic and launch it into yet another war. It just wouldn't make any sense to do something like that.

Actually it looks like this:

between episode 1 and 2: 8 years

between episode 2 and 3: 2 years

between episode 3 and 4: 20 years

between episode 4 and 5: 4 years

between episode 5 and 6: 1.5 years

So even the flanneled one would only leave a year and a half after a cliff-hanger. I don't believe this rumour, if it turns out to be true I just flat won't buy K2, but then if K2 is made by Obsideon I won't buy it.

I say we stop making topics like this till we know if there even will be a KOTOR 3. Let's use this thread for speculation and ideas, not complaining about a rumor that came from who knows where.

these Rumors are Speculation.... its up to each individual to decide weather they want to believe them and get hyped up about them, or take them for what they are....... NOTHING THAT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED :smash: and the jurry is out

• 2 weeks later...

Archived