Home

Obsidian hiring for multi-platform Action RPG

Com Raven

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fact, it is the top news item ;)

So, you read the bit below about Obsidian Entertainment doing a pure action-combat KotOR 3? Laughed about how crazy that ideas sounds? Alright, then you might be prepared to read this ;)

It seems that Obsidian is hiring a Audio Programmer for an unannounced game. Not too exciting in itself.

It gets more interesting once you look at the details:

Audio Programmer - PS3, XBOX 360, PC

Unannounced - 3rd Person, ACTION, RPG

So, a few days after IGN (who are despite some occasional wacky predictions still a great source for gaming news) proclaims a Xbox360 action-based KotOR 3, we find that Obsidian (the most likely candidate for KotOR 3 since BioWare is busy with its own IPs) is working on an action rpg for the 360, PC (a sure bet for any future KotORs) and the PS3 (with the PS3 having a HDD this time around, a port seems likely).

Feel free to draw your own conclusions, and to discuss them along with the rest of the community on our KotOR III Boards.

If they dont turn in into Kotor III- Diablo in star wars..

Action rpg? i hope that isnt true

I dont care if they make if for the 360, PS3 or any other console as long as they make if for the PC first. IMO consoles are crap and the 360 is also IMO.

Edited by CR: Please refrain fro such comments on a board that is intended for both console as well as PC owners.

Kotor III will hopefully be available in .. let's say January 2007? :)

I would say this is for OE's own IP that they been wanting to do for a while. And now they (have done/are doing) a couple of bigs games they should have enough money (depending on a publishing deal of course) to go ahead and begin (do further) work on it.

I can't remember Obsidian saying anything about their own IP. You have a link to that, by chance?

Well! You missed a lot actually. When I was over at Obsidian Ent, I started to talk to Joseph Bulock. He mentioned that 'Project New Jersey' is there own IP. Now, from what I gather, they are working on several games. However, the fans are mixing the facts up... There is a thread in Obsidian Ent's forums called 'Was it Worth It', and another one called 'Interogate the Developer - Was It Worth It." They were once one thread. During our conversation in the original thread, he accidently let some secrets out about the new RPG. After he made the statements, I PMed him, and told him he made a mistake. He raced back to the thread, and seperated the original 'Was it Worth it' thread. In the process there were four to five posts that revaeled some intresting details. I decided to go back to the post, and I was only able to get the original posts that started our conversation. I held onto the post in a word document before it was deleted. It is a simple statement, but it does reveale some intresting things. Joe's reply can still be found in the thread, but it is worthless without seeing the original question that another visitor had asked. Even the poster said that he messed up.

It was pretty funny....His bosses showed up, so he had to work fast in correcting the problem...

Interogate The Developer - Was it Worth It 2

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=39422&st=0

Post # 7 - In this post a visitor pickup on the type of game.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=39422&st=0#

Was it Worth It (Original Thread) Battlewookie severed the thread in Post #28

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=39326&pid=528543&st=15entry528543

Thank you Com Raven.

I believe it will drop first for consoles, most likely 360.

PC will follow shortly after.

merged both of your posts ;) For future reference, if you wish to add something to your post (rather than double-post), please use the "edit this" function to the lower right. ~ ChAiNz.2da

Interesting news. Not much in itself, but its still good to hear.

Hopefully, its K3 but its really too early too tell. It could be anything from K3 to a new internal project.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't looking for a PC audio programmer point to a game being released on PC, or do I misunderstand the job?

Interesting news. Not much in itself, but its still good to hear.

Hopefully, its K3 but its really too early too tell. It could be anything from K3 to a new internal project.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't looking for a PC audio programmer point to a game being released on PC, or do I misunderstand the job?

I found the job postiing, but I also didn't see any connection. The posting just described the basic elements of what they would be responsible for... Nothing more..

Archived