Home

Metal Gear - Ghosts of the Fox - IC Thread

Shana

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A full hour later, Neverthere was one of the top VIPs. She'd sent the picture of this person just minutes ago and was now enjoying full access to everything in the facility. She found a computer terminal and, after a couple of tries, managed to get into the system. From there, she ran several searches, the first on Silver and Gold Wolf.

Experiments. Unsuccessful experiments. That's what they were. There was a link to another page and Lianne froze. At the top of the page was Kerry's picture. Underneath the picture, it stated that she was the only survivor of the successful project. At the end of the page, there was another link... one titled MASK.

It seemed familiar. Why? "MerTech Academy of Specialized Killers," Lianne murmured. "Oh, hell...."

She clicked the link... and immediately winced. There was her picture, smiling back at her; the only survivor. That's why Kerry looked so familiar! They'd trained together for a short period of time after their respective experiments had been completed.

"Impressed with the facility?" a voice asked. Lianne Payton as Gerald Rayes nodded, staring at the computer screen which now displayed a full map of the facility.

"It's wonderful," she said, her voice deep and slightly accented.

"I'll leave you to admire," Gold Wolf said. (hope that's alright, Lyla) As Gold Wolf left, Lianne managed to catch a few muttered words, "While you can..."

Lianne's eyes widened slightly as she took pictures of the pages on Kerry and herself. Then, she headed off to find another VIP. Gerald Rayes was no longer safe.

Over the codec, she said, "Kerry, I've got some interesting information. Also, Mr. Rayes is no longer a safe disguise... I got eyeballed by Gold Wolf. Looking for a new one as we speak."

While leaving the armory, Shadow Wolf couldn't help but think about his past. This mission was putting all his skills to the test - but that was the thing. No mission he had ever been assigned had pushed him to such limits. But why? There had to be a some kind of reason that linked him to the mission. Apparently there was something about Hawk and one of the terrorists, or something like that. But what about him? Or the rest of the group for that matter? He didn't know what to expect next, and felt more and more like there was a Shadow Moses-esque thing going on.

Hawk immediately closed the codec link to speak with Never alone.

- "What did you find out Never?" - Hawk said.

She was still following Leon. The door opened to reveal a small corridor between two buildings, and a courtyard covered in snow. The blizzard had clearly gotten worse.

Leon looked around. The visibility was very low. He turned to Hawk and said, "Take a position and keep an eye out. I'll be bait. Don't worry about me, my reflexes are fast enough...if I do get hit, I'll be fine, and you'll know where they're firing from." With that, he started walking, in plain view, towards the other building.

((Anything you want to happen to him, feel free to do it))

"Silver Wolf and Gold Wolf were part of a failed experiment," Never told Kerry. "An experiment that people continued to try. You're the only successful survivor... probably why that one called you little sister. I was the only survivor of something called MASK, the MerTech Academy of Specialized Killers. After our separate experiments went wrong, leaving us the only survivors, we trained together for about six months... it's all coming back to me now."

A second later, she said, "Hang on a second..."

Ten minutes later, a new picture showed Lianne as Nathan Greene.

"Ok," she said. "I'm back and a bit safer... will try to avoid Silver and Gold Wolf as I'm pretty sure they can ID me."

Leon called Neverthere's number, "Hey, next time you get into the system, you should send us the map of the facility. Also, if you get the chance, next time you're in the computer could you nose around and see if they have any mention of escaped Genome experiments? It's...for a personal reason. I'll share it if you find anything," he said. He kept walking towards the other building, half expecting a sniper to take a shot at him.

Hawk listened to what never said but suddenly hermind closed. Images on her mind again.

The old man with the sniper rifle...the little girl...Wolf...the doctors....the MASK project....suddenly a new image...another girl smiling at her...it was Lianne...

Suddenly a shot was heard...

The bullet passed Leon by an inch and hit Hawk on her left shoulder. Another shot was quickly fired and hit her on her chest. She tried to pull herself together and managed to shoot once.

- "Go Wolf...go!" - Hawk yelled as she started to shoot to cover Leon as he tried to get to the other building.

Brute and Strike were at a t-section of hallways.

"I hear something." Brute stuck himself in a notch, a guard walked by, Brute grabbed his head with both hands and threw him to the ground, and then broke his neck. He did this very fast.

"Heh, didn't know I could move that fast."

Leon looked over his shoulder, "Hawk!" he shouted, then drew his sword. Just as he did so, a bullet hit the left side of his chest. His exoskeleton took most of the hit but still penetrated. He let out a hiss of pain, but otherwise didn't seem too phased. He ran toward the building, keeping in his mind the direction the bullet came from. "I'll find that sniper..." he told himself, not even sure if he would be able to find them once he got across.

((time to add some excitement ;) ))

A shot rang out and hit Brute in the shoulder.

"Run Strike, they haven't seen you." He whispered as he ducked and pulled out his pistol and started firing back. More shots, and Brute's size added to the target zone, he was hit three more times, He got up and ran at them. They charged him, he smashed into two of them, and punched one more, then they pulled out stun sticks and were zapping him, he was in a berzerker rage and was smashing them into walls, more came and used thier stun sticks. Just before he passed out he said into his codec.

"Brute signing of...good luck...don't come for me." and then silence.

When he woke up, he was in a dark room, alone.

Hawk was lying on the ground. She was bleeding of her chest and left shoulder. Her codec rang once and the now familiar face of Silver Wolf appeared.

- "Hello again little sister, thought I'd get your attention with a couple of shots. Honestly I thought you'd see them coming...guess I was wrong" - Silver Wolf said.

Leon's way was blocked by land mines. In front of Leon, behind a bulletproof glass was a man. Who bowed to him.

- "Finally a worthy opponent...My name is Blast Mark, don't you just love Land mines...watch your step young man, some are visible, some are not....will you be able to guess which way is right? I guess not..." - Blast Mark said who was a slim man with white hair and blue eyes.

Hawk tried to watch through her scope where Silver was, but she could not see anything, so she put up her thermal goggles on the scope and looked once more. There was a figure on the roof. She shot twice and quickly, one of the shots hit Silver on her right arm.

- "Not bad little sis...not bad at all" - Silver said and Hawk tryind to crawl to some cover.

==========

As Brute woke up and found himself on an empty dark room, the lights went up. A figure stood in the middle of the big room, a tall and really muscular man with bald head and a raven on her tattoed forehead.

- "Brute...I was curious of who they would send, and it is none other than my old brother in arms...remember me? Muscle Crow...Brother of Vulcan Raven!" - Muscle Crow said.

========

As Strike tried to run a shot passed him that he was able to dodge perfectly. A man stood there with a revolver in hand. He had dark brown hair and eyes and stood there in a black cloak.

- "You made me miss...I never miss, this will be fun indeed. I am Quick Trigger, I thought you'd be someone else...someone I was expecting but it seems you will be as entertaining as he will be when he gets here" - Quick Trigger said.

The next chance Never got, she sent a map to the rest of the team. Then, she went to work on the search Wolf wanted done. There wasn't much and most of what there was remained hidden behind a near impenetrable barrier.

"Wolf," Never said. "There's a little info on what you asked, but not much more than what you said. The rest is heavily encrypted and even my hacking skills aren't cutting it."

Leon looked over the mines. He closed his helmet and tried to scan for the hidden ones. He got the message from Neverthere just then as well. "Alright.. I was just wondering. I'm a former Genome experiment and wanted to know if they had anything tied to me," he said. Leon then looked at Blast Mark. "What kind of mines? Claymores? Anti Tank grade ones? Proximity?" he asked.

- "He is not one of our men...he likes to think he's freelance. He came here in search of the weapon they say is hidden here...And after he comes I'll kill him. We will meet again my friend...after I'm done with him" - Muscle Crow said and suddenly thousands of Ravens engulfed his body and in a blink he was gone.

============

Blast Mark laughed.

- "You can figure it out soldier boy...you must be smart...the boss told me so" - Blast Mark said.

Archived