Home

Metal Gear - Ghosts of the Fox - IC Thread

Shana

Kerry looked at Leon and smiled.

- "And it's going to get colder once we reach the compound, it's all blizzards up there" - Kerry said.

The codec rang again in their ears.

- "All right, now that you are all there Shadow Wolf will take point in taking out the soldiers to make way for Neverthere, Hawk will provide sniper fire and Strike will cover the rear. If there is the nead of using strength, then Brute is your man...Wolf, since you're the ranking officer in the mission you are team leader, your second is Hawk....now proceed to the upper levels, avoid confrontation, remember this is a stealth mission" - Campbell said.

- "Copy that Colonel...Hawk out" - Kerry said.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strike nodded at Campbell's orders, he didn't like "taking the rear," but orders were orders, and insubordination could spell death for all of them. He took in a deep breath.

-"Wolf, my sense of smell doesnt work in this weather, its just too cold. My hearing and sight are perfect though, so use my abilites as you see fit."

He pulled out his twin 1911's from the duffle bag and fitted them both with silencers. He also grabbed 2 extra clips for each and 2 flashbang grenades, and his cattleprod.

-"If you capture a ranking officer, bring him to me and i gaurantee I'll get something out of him. But for now, what are your orders sir?"

Wolf nodded, and said to him, "Well, the cold is making it damn hard to see through my helmet, and I'm not gonna take it off because it'll expose my face, potentially ruining my hiding place, so if you don't mind, be my eyes for a little bit till my helmet clears up. Hawk, make sure anyone who even looks like they're suspicious about something near my position, take them down." With that, he moved in and it wasn't long before he was in hiding, so good that even the rest of the team had lost track of where his position actually was. Over the codec, he called, "Okay, Hawk, Strike, who do you see closest?"

((Lp for the day))

Strike nodded at Wolf's orders. He peered out and saw a simple two-man patrol making their way in and out of the pumping machines, they were dressed in snow fatigues, and carrying ak's. He codecd wolf,

-"Wolf, there are two soldiers patroling the pumping area, they are carrying high-powered ak's. I don't see anything else, but wait for Hawk's report before proceeding. If they are the only ones around, Hawk or I could most likely take care of them for you."

Leon nodded, "Thanks for the information you two," he replied. "Hawk, shoot the guard that's remaining," he said. Shortly after this he seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, leaping out from the shadows and grabbing the guard, snapping his neck before he could even make a noise. The other guard thought something was up, and started to turn.

Hawk smiled.

- "I'm just showing off for you Wolf" - Hawk said.

The coast was now clear. The building's stairs were now to be taken care off. There was no way of telling what was waiting for them on the staircase to the surface.

The stari case went up like ten stories above. There were lights around the stairs coming from flashlights mounted on the guards' rifles. Campbell who was watching in the monitor called Wolf.

- "Wolf, you will have to use some of your acrobatic skills to take out these guards, remember they must not spot you" - Campbell said.

Wolf sighed. He knew several ways he could do this, but none that would be suited for a stealth mission. "Sir, I know three ways of doing it, but two would leave a considerably bloody mess, and the third...well..it's a risk, but I think I can pull it off. What should I go with? If I take the risk..Hawk can still back me up," he said.

- "Team effort is the key to this mission...Hawk?" - Campbell said.

- "Yes sir?" - Hawk said.

- "Cover Wolf, If he has trouble you take the shot" - Campbell said.

- "Yes sir I will" - Hawk said and ran to Wolf and set herself in a position where she could see all targets - "Go ahead Wolf."

((Well do you remember MGS1, the buildings on which Snake fought the Harrier in which Liquid was in...do you remember there was a part you had to run up the stairs while shooting the guards to get to the roof? well these stairs are like that, a little smaller maybe but only just a little, there is a freight elevator in the middle like in MGS1))

(([nerd]If memory serves, the Harrier was MGS2 with Solidus, and the Hind was MGS1[/nerd] Lol, alright that's very helpful, I was hoping that was the idea. I'll edit this post in a sec to add his action.))

Wolf started ascending the first set of stairs silently, keeping against the railing so as not to be spotted. He made sure there was no one directly around the turn, and managed to see the guard was on the next flight. He flipped over the railing, holding on, then leaped to the higher flight. He flipped over and knocked the guard down feetfirst. He repeated this process, using a different method each time, but he seemed to be fatiguing after a bit. "This exoskeleton's getting stiff in the cold..." he muttered into his codec. "Hawk, can you get anything? I'm trying to unstiffen my suit where I'm at, I'll get back on it when it loosens up...it won't do this the whole mission, its high technology material, it'll adapt to the weather in about a half hour...but as for right now, I can definitely not pull another leap," he said to Hawk.

Strike piped in on the Codec,

"Campbell, It seems like the coast is clear from what I can see. Do you think Neverthere, Brute, and myself should get closer to the building? I can scout ahead and give them the clear before they make their move but having us all in relativley the same area would be useful."

"We're still clearing the staircase to get above," said Shadow Wolf over his codec, interrupting the conversation. He had finally gotten his suit to loosen up, and proceeded with the removal of the last few guards. "Now the staircase is clear, c'mon up," he said again over the codec.

- "Proceed to the upper level, once there secure an area for Neverthere to make her infiltration" - Campbell said.

Hawk went up the stairs and opened the door immediately looking for any guards, she secured her position and waved for the others to move out.

Strike nodded and drew his guns. He motioned for the others to follow him and he lead Brute and Never to the staircase. Out of the corner of his eye he thought he saw a helicopter, but he didnt hear anything, and so pushed it out of his mind. When they caught up to Hawk, he turned to neverthere,

-"Never, is there anyway you could pass for a soldier? There are two incapacitated Genomes that you could 'borrow' a set of fatigues from. Think you can handle it?"

Archived