Home

Metal Gear - Ghosts of the Fox - IC Thread

Shana

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After several long moments of silence, Neverthere's voice called out, "Don't freak out, the next person you see is me."

An identical copy of the man Wolf had gotten strode purposefully into view and 'modeled' himself. Neverthere's voice came from his mouth.

"Like the look?" she asked. Then, she put her hand to her throat and cleared it twice. Her voice came out much deeper. "And more importantly, do you like the voice?"

"Was planning on assuming his patrol anyway," Lianne answered. "It'll give me a better idea of the facility. I know there's maps and all, but I typically do better if I can actually see it live."

She grinned and started off. "Let me know if you need anything and I'll see what I can do."

Neverthere, now disguised as an officer, checked the patrol she was supposed to be on and resumed it. Coming to a door, she used the officer's card and got through the door easily. Several lesser officers and soldiers saluted as she walked past. She merely returned the salutes and continued on her way.

A door slid open and an officer moved through it.

"You're later than usual," a voice snapped. The officer spun and found that a higher ranking oficer was staring.

"What?" 'he' said.

"You took longer on your patrol than normal," the other officer said. "Something wrong?"

"Oh, no," the first answered. "I just thought I heard something... went to check it out." 'He' paused. "How long have I been on duty?"

"Eight hours," the other officer answered. "Your shift's ended now."

"Maybe that's the problem," the first said. "I get so used to quiet around here my mind makes things up for me."

"Well get outta here," the second officer snapped. "I need to work."

"I sure do," the first muttered. The second, having missed this comment, turned around and was knocked out. In seconds, Neverthere's voice came over the codec.

"Moving up the chain of command," she said. "Careful who you shoot at now. You won't know if it's me or not."

Hawk decided to follow Leon. She heard Never on the codec.

- "Ok Never, just keep us posted on where you are so we know before taking a shot" - Hawk said.

- "Come on Leon, we should head over to the elevator around the corner, then we can get to B2, which is supposed to be the armory, I need to see if we can get out hands on a supressor for my rifle. It's gonna have to be really quiet for no on" - Hawk said.

"Currently going around as Lieutenant General Gary Vance," Never said. "Sending a picture of him so you'll know. I'll send you a new picture for each person I take on. I'm in the process of working my way up to General Wayne Tarrance. From him, I'll move into the VIPs."

Leon responded over the codec, "Alright then we'll have to establish a new rule amongst ourselves. High ranking officers will only be rendered incapacitated from here out, with the exception of Neverthere. Do not kill them, it's too much of a risk of hitting Neverthere by accident. Also if we incapacitate them before Neverthere gets there, she'll simply be able to take their stuff she needs." He continued down the hallway, SOCOM Mk23 drawn and ready. He found the elevator and opened it, then entered. He waited for Hawk to get in then went down to B2.

An hour and a series of pictures later, Neverthere found herself face to face with General Wayne Tarrance.

"What do you need?" he asked irritably. Never glanced around to be sure there were no others around.

"Your skin," she answered. Before he could do anything, she jabbed a needle into his neck. He staggered back and in just a few seconds collapsed.

"Now I'm General Tarrance," Never murmured. She sent the picture of him along with his name and then took his clothes and other things she'd need to assume his identity.

- "Thanks Wolf" - Hawk said and took position looking for the supressor. Until she came up to a long thin metal case, she took it and opened it. It was exactly the size she needed.

- "Now we're in business" - Hawk said and changed the cartridge from bullets to stun darts. And shot a guy getting close on Wolf.

Wolf had just slashed backward with his Katana, half expecting to take the guy out, and was surprised when his sword merely met air. He turned and saw Hawk, and although she couldn't see his expression under his helmet, he was clearly grinning, and she could tell when he spoke, "Apparently I'm not fast enough."

Strike looked at Brute,

-"Actually, I have no idea. Im just waiting for...shhh up ahead!"

Strike pointed to a big pipe and motioned for Brute to move behind it. Strike then jumped at the wall, using his right foot to propel himself off the wall and onto the middle of the pipe, and then shimmied up the rest of the way. He spread his legs against the pipes and the wall, and held his guns out before him, aimed down.

A lowly genome walked out and didnt seem to pay him any attention, but when he got past the pipes, he noticed brute out of the corner of his eye. He moved to reach for his gun but stopped when his head jerked back suddenly. The soldier slumped to the ground, unconcious.

Strike leaped down to the floor, and looked to Brute,

-"He's not dead, i hit him with a non-lethal round square in the temple. See if you can wedge him into that locker over there."

Brute picked the man with one hand and walked over to the locker. He then opened it and jammed the man in with minimal effort.

-"Ok good Brute, now, break his neck for good measure and lets get a move on."

Archived