Home

KOTOR 3 species idea (Playing an Alien in KotOR III)

i like cheese

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Twilek, Zabrak (but like those in Jedi Academy)

But a Cathar id love!!

Agreed. A full male Cathar would be interesting indeed, even as just an NPC. I just want to meet one.

And a JA-esque female Zabrak would be...very stimulating. Diversify the species encounters, you know?

I don't mean to shoot this idea down horribly but the kotor games just need to have human players. It is just the way it has to be. I don't know quite how to explain this but i'll try. Me as a gamer can personally relate to the character through his or her actions. I play the way my mood is that day and playing a little green fellow is fine...if I am playing jedi outcast or academy. The kotor storyline needs a player with more feeling about it. The human player can express more emotion. It cracks me up to think of a raging darkside yoda running around slashing ankles and screaming war cries. Wraaaghgaaa!!!!!!! Hurt you I will!Eat you after done am I!!. This is my opinion, please don't kill me.

Edit: hehe right after I have bashed this idea I suppose it would be alright to be a miraluka or a zabrak....humanoid like.

The kotor storyline needs a player with more feeling about it. The human player can express more emotion.

See, you've got to remember that the stroyline shapes the character. There are uncountable (is that a word?) ways to explain why a rodian, wookie, or even a selkath could display human characteristics, or speak in Galactic Basic. Maybe they were taken by the jedi after their parents died when they were young? Maybe they ran away from home when they were young and found shelter among the humans? Think of it this way, your character is a wookie jedi who uses Galactic Basic. That wouldn't just be unique to world withing the game, but also to the entire expanded universe.

True the storyline does shape your character and there is evidence of alien Jedi. As for aliens learning Galactic Basic, haven't you heard of Star Trek with its mission to explore strange new worlds, to boldly go where no man has gone before? Exploration would have helped. Remember KOTOR where the One said that Revan had used the Force to rip Rakatan language from their minds and drove Basic into their skulls? To go back on topic, I would rather have an alien species be an NPC, not a PC.

Archived