Home

You are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master.

Jeff

Here's a list of the possible council members currently. I'll hopefully make the final "cut" when I get home from school today.

T7nowhere

Darth333

Prime

ChAiNz.2da

RedHawke

Achilles

stoffe -mkb-

svösh

Fred Tetra

tk102

Gsccc

Darkkender

oldflash

JediShemL

maverick187

and myself.

So all those listed will definitely be included in the module. It's probably going to be the first 10 that are listed, and then I'll choose 2 from the last 6 left.

@Darth Moeller, If what I remember of the chambers is correct, the module is quite small, you might consider using a naar shadaa level with it as they look CORish :)
I think I'm just gonna stick with the chambers. I've walked through them, and I think I can comfortably fit the number of people that I want to :) This is just a fun mod project anyways, nothing that actually will add to the story or anything.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like a really fun mod! Thanks for including me :D

You can set my appearance to whatever you want as long as it's not a Kinrath, Desert wraid or something similar...or you'll be turned into a Rackghoul :xp: (that's what happened to Doom_Dealer :p )

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Isn't it bad form to speak of the dead?

Maybe DM could use one of those placeable skeletons...

...or make him sell fake items...

Not in the Kotor universe it was not until the huge sith civil war with Darth Bane that Darth Bane made that Rule :-)
Doh! that's right.. :fist: it wasn't actually established until Bane survived the Battle of Ruusan...

hmmm.. then it would be up to the Rule of Darth Moeller.. hehehe :D

hmmm.. then it would be up to the Rule of Darth Moeller.. hehehe :D

Now we're talkin' :D

I'll hopefully post up some screenshots of the council in all it's glory later tonight if I can get all the coordinates and everything working correctly. I think I have the council pretty much chosen, I just have a couple utc files left to finish up and then I'll place them in the module to give you guys a sneak peak :)

Well this mod really sounds really cool! Many of you modders deserve to be in this mod!! :clap2:

I was wondering can i also be also in this mod, i know i haven´t done anything to deserve to be in this mod, but asking never hurts anybody. :p

Can i be an Republic Admiral waiting outside or in some chambers with 1-2 Republic soldiers as my bodyguards, I'm waiting to see the Council to seek there wisdom on what to do next. wait or invade. Something like that, I like to have the look of Carth but a little older, and a nice Admiral uniform.

EXAMPLE: http://www.pcgamemods.com/screenshot/80893.html

Well it was just a question if i can be in it, And i will respect every decision you make about it. :)

Well i really wish the best with making it, And i know its going to be really cool!

Good Luck!!! :thmbup1:

Maybe DM could use one of those placeable skeletons...

...or make him sell fake items...

Does this have anything to do with the words "Galaxy" and "Forge" used in conjunction with one another?

kind off ;) ...you were wise to separate those words as when put together they constitute a taboo expression on the boards... I answered here as it was of-topic. - d3

Thought so. Thanks :)

Alright, I've got a few questions before I can get the characters into the module.

I went ahead and warped to the module and got the coordinates and punched them in the GFF editor for each individual utc file. But when I warp there again, only (oddly enough) tk102 shows up. The rest of the seats are empty.

Now for some odd reason when I opened up the git file today to punch the coordinates in, tk102's slot had n_darthnihilus (or something like that) written in the place where the resref name went, and already had coordinates for all the values. So I went ahead and changed the values that needed to be changed and left the ones that I didn't have anything to enter. This is where my question is coming.

I haven't used the whereami armband for a while now, but if I can remember way back, the first 3 values were the X, Y, and Z location, and I never really figured out what the Orientation and Bearing were, so I always ignored them. In the .git file where I place the coordinates there are spots for XOrientation and YOrientation as well, so for all of them except tk102 (see above) I just kept those blank.

Obviously I'm wrong about something. So if you just want the question and skipped reading all that, here it is:

Am I right in that the 1st 3 numbers in the message log for the whereami armband are the X, Y, and Z locations? And do I need to do anything with the orientation and bearing?

Actually, while I'm at it, I have another question. When I was making the utc files, some of them I had been giving player character appearances, and others I was giving npc appearances. But I equipped them all with some kind of jedi robe and lightsaber. I had worried about this when I was doing it, and when I saw tk102 in the module, it was confirmed that if you use a NPC appearance, their clothing doesn't change.

So is there a way I can get around this, or do I just have to use all player-character appearances (something I'd rather not have to do, as I have some pretty good appearances selected for some of them ;))?

Can't help with the first part, but as for the 2nd part:

The characters with the NPC appearance won't wear Jedi robes unless you equip them in the inventory screen. If you already did that, but they don't show up, then make sure they have the necessary feat (Jedi Defense) on the Feats tab. If you've already done that, then open up Appearance.2da and make sure that the NPC row has the correct entry in the model column (I or N respectively). If you've done all of that and it's still doesn't work, then I don't know what's going on ;)

If you need help on any of those steps, please let me know. I only gave high-level answers b/c I didn't want to look stupid if you knew that already :D

Boy am I rusty... I did equip the robes in the inventory screen (I clicked on inventory at the bottom of the utc editor and dragged the robe over the torso spot). But, I did not give them the feat for Jedi defense. I'm sure they didn't, I don't think any of them were jedi appearances. Nor did I check appearance.2da. But, I hope it's not that, as I would hate to have to include a .2da file with this mod. I'll try that stuff out later.

Thanks for the help Achilles, I'm sure one of those things will solve the problem. :)

I haven't used the whereami armband for a while now, but if I can remember way back, the first 3 values were the X, Y, and Z location, and I never really figured out what the Orientation and Bearing were, so I always ignored them.

(snip)

Am I right in that the 1st 3 numbers in the message log for the whereami armband are the X, Y, and Z locations? And do I need to do anything with the orientation and bearing?

If I remember correctly the XOrientation and YOrientation values are the x/y coordinates for a directional vector that indicates which way the creature is facing. I think you get the proper value if you calculate a vector for the Orientation value the whereami output says. (Though it was a while since I was messing with these things so I may well remember incorrectly...)

Well I admit I have no idea how to calculate a vector, but if the orientation is only for what direction they are facing, then that won't make them show up. It just doesn't make sense... I guess I'll have to look further into it and see what else is different between tk102 and the rest of them.

And giving the feat Jedi Defense didn't fix the other problem, as I had tk102 (the only one that would show up) as one of the jedi appearances and he already had Jedi defense. I'm guessing they don't have the proper 2da lines then. Well, at least it will be an excuse to use stoffe's awesome tslpatcher :D

When you open "Characters" in the .git, there's a load of little plusses, yes? which you press to give you all the info on orientation etc, right? Next to that is where you fill in the ResRef, and on the far end there is a number.To change this number, there is a box with something akin to "0x00000" in it. You change the last "0" to whatever the special number for the item (for a placeable, for example, the number is 8,I think).

I doubt taking their equipment away will make any change.

This time, I got another person to spawn along with tk102. The only change I made to his part in the .git file was decapitalize his name to match his resref in the utc, I don't know if that's why he appeared or not.

EDIT: Doh! :fist: I believe my mistake was when I typed TemplateResRef for all of the except the 2 working ones, I spelled it Resref, without a capital "R." That was the only difference between the working and non-working entries.

EDIT2: Damn, that wasn't the problem. I don't see any differences between the working entries and the others. Oh well. "Another solution will present itself."

EDIT3: Well this time I just went ahead and deleted all the entires in the git file except for the 2 that worked, and then just duplicated one of those and filled in the correct numbers and resrefs. So then I built the new mod and when I warped there, it locked up halfway through loading :( I'll get it eventually...

Archived