Home

Games Consoles

LordReserei

...My point still stands, Microsoft doesn't actually deserve the credit for Halo, Bungie does. It's a simple concept.

lolz...c'mon Lynky, they deserve *some* credit, they bankrolled it. Without $$$ it would still be a twinkle in the eye of some geek who thought it'd be call to call a game dev house "bungie"

Look at the mona lisa, the sistine chapel, the statue of David, without patrons in the form of a Florentine Duke, The Vatican and St Marks in Florence(respectively) they simply would not exist !

mtfbwya

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does the money grows in trees for you? If there will be no normal games for pc i will just wait couple more years for emulator -_- There is no way i could get ps3 or xbox 360 (well if only there would be a major set of circumstances) Nintendo games are the best. I love those graphycs, even tho they are kinda anime. so. yeah. And my classmate has every new console and he is just buying football games and sims2. Not that i am poor or something but still. 400$ for a console...

what do you mean by normal games for PC? PC has some of the best games out there. $400 for a console is cheap for a console. you know that emulators are illegal.

lolz...c'mon Lynky, they deserve *some* credit, they bankrolled it. Without $$$ it would still be a twinkle in the eye of some geek who thought it'd be call to call a game dev house "bungie"
actually, Halo has had quite an interesting development cycle. it started as an RTS for the PC, but Bungie later changed their minds to make it a FPS to be released on the PC only. at the time, Bungie did not have the Microsoft Game Studios behind them. in fact, if it wasn't for Microsoft buying the publishing rights to Bungie, Halo would've never been released for the Xbox.

nobody knows for certain if Halo would've sold well on the PC if it had followed Bungies original intentions, but chances are that it would've been good.

@Hai, Bah, sith is alright once ya get used to him :D

I'm still trying hard to stay on his list though;)

@Lynk, Without Microsoft Halo would've been on Mac and probably wouldn't have been as big a hit, it's on XBOX which is owned by microsoft.

I was just playing Halo 2 on a gamecube the other day and... oh, wait... ;)

You're just suffering from spartan envy man, even S-mods come down with it:D

Nintendo might have started PD, but Microsoft has given Rare a home to raise it's child (or punk chick bounty hunter if you prefer;))

Perfect Dark Zero is X360 exclusive and ROCKS!!!

It's true that a mouse is far more precise than any thumbstick for accurate shooting, but Halo's control scheme works well on the xbox pad, and I've tried both PC and xbox and the xbox always felt better IMO.

Since i own a PC (Like most ppl who are able to post in a forum :D) i will never ever buy a console. But if i would it would probably be the PS3. Although i wont buy one, iam curious how good that machine is. If the graphics really reach PC standarts.

From what I've heard that new Nintendo controler is good, but since i totally suck with controlers well..

Oh and Xbox: I dislike Microsoft, and even more i dislike Xbox. I was looking forward to Halo, but then i just was released on xbox. A year later on PC, but unfortunatly there were way better Shooters available at that time alrdy.

ah, it looks like its become a typical "console" thread :p

at the end of the day, that we have the freedom of personal choice prevails. Regardless of what game, what dev, what innovation etc. we have the right to chose which one we want to waste our money on !!!

still, with the ps3s touted release price, I'm looking to start a crime gang to rob banks with to afford it... who's with me !!!! :p

mtfbwya

i will never ever buy a console. But if i would it would probably be the PS3. Although i wont buy one, iam curious how good that machine is. If the graphics really reach PC standarts.

From what I've heard that new Nintendo controler is good, but since i totally suck with controlers well..

Re: the PS3 graphics I guess the general expectation is that the PS3 will have cinema-like capabilities. I too have no plans to buy a console as I've spent enough money on my PC and don't see the need to spend more on a console. And yeah, I stink at using controllers too. However I do like to follow what goes on in the console world because I think consoles are the biggest driving force for games. Not to say that the PC world doesn't have any influence but the $ is in the consoles.

@Hai, Bah, sith is alright once ya get used to him :D

I'm still trying hard to stay on his list though ;)

:confused: Are you still talking about your "glorious" leader? I thought you were referring to Jim Tressel or Troy Smith. Of course I wouldn't consider them glorious although I acknowledge they are worthy competitors. But if you're talking about Insane Sith as your glorious leader then I really don't know what you're talking about. So is it sith or smith? :animelol:

.. But if you're talking about Insane Sith as your glorious leader then I really don't know what you're talking about. So is it sith or smith?

lolz...you cant be dissing anyone from the original 2002 crew, for we pwnz all :)

and beware the awesome powerz of those freaks who registered back in the ole 20th century :)

where is Sithy anwyay, havent seen him around much....maybe he's joined the army ?? :p

mtfbwya

@Lynk, You don't have to, but how in the world don't you???

It's like star wars but with chemically launched metal slugs and space marines :thmbup1:

..............................You're comparing Halo to Star Wars?..............................

no offence... but that's stupid XD and obviously you've missed the entire point of Star Wars.

@ lordreserie: What's even funnier is that £250 is 432USD... If I'm not mistaken... that's more than 399USD ;)

@Lynk, It's an epic Scifi-Action-Fantasy. It has excellent characters and story.

Which of SW's many points do consider to be in most opposition against halo?

Man, I just love having a place where I can hang out at for the sole purpose of being called stupid by some dude who doesn't like halo:thmbup1:

Because everybody knows halo's just as stupid as me...that's why nobody else loves it;)

Anybody heard about a new game for 360 called "Crackdown" it looks pretty sweet on paper.

Supposedly it's like GTA only your the cops.

Actually a super-ultra-mega cop who throws cars and stuff at mean people!:cool::D

Archived