Home

KOTOR Comic series discussion thread

Prime

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IIRC it is next week...

September 13th is the publish date. I think I may still owe a review of #7 to SWK....

@CountV below--me too. I just didn't like Zayne's look in this latest one. It took some of his innocent look away, and that innocence is part of his charm.

September 13th is the publish date. I think I may still owe a review of #7 to SWK....
I still plan on hosting your reviews as well on my revamped site, if that is still ok...

@CountV below--me too. I just didn't like Zayne's look in this latest one. It took some of his innocent look away, and that innocence is part of his charm.
Yeah, me either. I don't really like the new look if the characters very much. But other aspects of the art are quite good IMO. I prefered the original art overall though...

I still plan on hosting your reviews as well on my revamped site, if that is still ok...

Yeah, me either. I don't really like the new look if the characters very much. But other aspects of the art are quite good IMO. I prefered the original art overall though...

Hosting any/all the reviews is fine by me.

I looked at the preview at Darkhorse, and he still has the 'new' look. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

John Jackson Miller has posted trivia and production notes on his website, http://www.farawaypress.com, for all the KOTOR issues he's written so far. Check it out!

Also, artists Brian Ching and Dustin Weaver are alternating story arcs for this series. Dustin wraps up his current run with issue #9, "Flashpoint" part 3, and Brian will be back in #10, a 1-shot story featuring Master Lucien, and #11-12, which introduce a pair of Ithorian bounty hunters to the cast. You can check out Dark Horse's upcoming Star Wars comics here: http://www.darkhorse.com/search/search.php?viewmode=gallery&sstring=Star+Wars&sortfield=onsaledate&sortmeth=desc&scope=products&genre=all&type=comic&startmonth=all&startyear=all&endmonth=all&endyear=all&genre=all

Excellent, just read the latest issue, some familier ships in there i was happy to see. I think this issue was the closest to the games ever.

Republic cruisers, PROPER basilisk war droids, Neo-Crusaders and even Saul Karath! Also, this issue brings up a point which was featured in Kotor as for the real reason the mandalorians attacked. Something pushed them, and now we know whatever pushed them, influenced padawan slaughter.

I had planned to not read the issues until the story-arc is finished, but I couldn't do it. I read both issue 7 & 8. It indeed did feel a lot more kotor-game-ish than the previous. The "character" they pick up to join the team was a bit over-obvious, but nothing that really grated. The humour was actually funny ("what do you want me to do with this blaster?! Sell it to them? I think they're pretty covered when it comes to weaponry" - Gryph commenting on the armed to the teeth mandalorians).

The art, I think I prefer this new guy (Weaver), he has a much "cleaner" and more realistic look to his drawings than the old one (Ching).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived