Home

A prequel to Kotor

XI33

What should they make after kotor 3?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should they make after kotor 3?

• A Prequel about the mandalorian wars.
    • Kotor IV
    • A prequel about the Great Hyperspace Wars
    • A prequel about Exar Kuhn
    • A city made of money from the kotor series.

A cool idea for AFTER they make kotor 3 would be a prequel about the manalorian wars and the fall of Reven. Maby even one about exar kun or the great hyperspace war what do you think. :)

Obi-Wan- Anakin, the sith are evil!!!!

Anakin- In my opinion The jedi are evil!!!!

Me- In my opinion you should be having a lightsaber fight not disscussing moral relativism,lol.

I'd rather they move on to an entirely new time. Say a thousand years after the events of Knights 3. Something that distances itself from Revans/Exiles/whoever we end up playing in 3's story.

I agree. If that does happen, the Game shouldn't be too complicated. Eg. Was Revan Male/Female, Light/Dark etc. It could be like Jedi Academy, where you do missions for the Jedi and eventually a Sith Lord rises.

What should they make after kotor 3?

Ooooo, what about a comic prequel for KotOR...oh, wait... :nut:

Go here.

But as far as the games go, I would rather them finish up with the current series before jumping off into another tangent. I wouldn't mind have a game based on the same style of gameplay and system, but maybe before or during the New Sith Wars (Ruusan).

yes it would be pretty cool if they kept making kotor games up untill they got to the epI era, but the madalorian wars were a main part of the game and need to be explained more indepth.

WE already know the story about Exar Kun, the Great Hyperspace War, and the Mandalorian Wars, so i voted "Kotor IV"...i think the best idea would be to have it be 2000 years later.

Yes we know the story but we havn't experienced it yet. The thing that makes it worthwhile is the fact that you would be a new character and you would be faced with the same dississions that reven and exile had to make.

Id like to see the very beginning. The group of rich kids that first uncoverd and were corrupted by the force and the dark side. They were mentioned in one the Dark Empire comics. May not be the best for an rpg game tought, something going back further then anything we have seen so far or else go forward to the NJO era, just avoid all the movie prequel nonsense.

Edit: And for Gods sake leave out Tatooine and Dantooine, just because somethings in the films doesnt mean they should be in every bloody game, most planets in the movies have always been insignificants dumps, there are plenty of more important worlds in the SW universe to give us or make up some new ones. Kotor is 4000 years before Luke and Leia so there is no need to be so heavy on the tie-ins.

A game about the Great Hyperspace War would be awesome, as we know next to nothing about them, except that they happened about 1000 years before KOTOR and invloved massive battles between Jedi and the Sith. A game about Revan's campaign against the Mandalorians would kick @zz too tho. :xp:

Dude, we already knew the course of KOTOR going in too. It basically boils down to this, at some point the Sith were going to be defeated and forced into hiding untill the time of Episode 1. We already knew that the Jedi win in the end. It'd be the same with a game about the Great Hyperspace War. We know that the Jedi win, but we don't know the specifics. Who won which battle, where they fought, how they fought, what fighting styles they used, who the heroes and villians of the war were, ecta, ecta. There is just sooo much potential in the Great Hyperspace War era that it isn't even funny. And as an added bonus, we'd get to meet and duel with the dark lords from the tombs on Korriban, and possibly even use the ancient lightsaber forms hinted at by Kreia in TSL.

Id like to see the very beginning. The group of rich kids that first uncoverd and were corrupted by the force and the dark side. They were mentioned in one the Dark Empire comics. May not be the best for an rpg game tought, something going back further then anything we have seen so far or else go forward to the NJO era, just avoid all the movie prequel nonsense.

Edit: And for Gods sake leave out Tatooine and Dantooine, just because somethings in the films doesnt mean they should be in every bloody game, most planets in the movies have always been insignificants dumps, there are plenty of more important worlds in the SW universe to give us or make up some new ones. Kotor is 4000 years before Luke and Leia so there is no need to be so heavy on the tie-ins.

Omg! Now that would be a game I'd definately pay to play! lol. :twogun: I'd personally like to see a game about the formation of the Republic and the Jedi order. :xp:

They should definitely make KoTOR 4. A game about the Mandalorian Wars would be interesting to see, but I don't think that story could be implemented into the KoTOR gameplay, it could probably be made as an action adventure, or TPS, but hardly as a RPG.

I think the RPG's should stop after KOTOR 3. For a fourth game it should be in a Battlefront 2 style with space battles/land battles that cover the beginning of the Mandalorian Wars (before the Jedi entered) all the way to the end of the Jedi Civil War (or even more). You play as a special operations republic squad (like the 501st) that serves as a personal fighting force to Revan, and recalling his battles and miltary genius from a young jedi to his becoming the Sith Lord and it could lead up to the beginning of the Malak betrayal. So the squad transforms into an Imperial Sith special forces unit. And like BF 2 you play with select Jedi heroes like Revan, Malak, Exile, Arren Kae, Yusanis and plenty others.

Cross References:

1) 501st speaking about the "silence" before attacking the Jedi Temple and the Sith Unit before the first invasion of the Jedi Civil War.

2) 501st greatest failure was the Death Star (1). Sith Unit failure was when Revan was lost and presumed dead to their defeat at the battle of Rakata Prime

Dude, we already knew the course of KOTOR going in too. It basically boils down to this, at some point the Sith were going to be defeated and forced into hiding untill the time of Episode 1. We already knew that the Jedi win in the end. It'd be the same with a game about the Great Hyperspace War. We know that the Jedi win, but we don't know the specifics. Who won which battle, where they fought, how they fought, what fighting styles they used, who the heroes and villians of the war were, ecta, ecta. There is just sooo much potential in the Great Hyperspace War era that it isn't even funny. And as an added bonus, we'd get to meet and duel with the dark lords from the tombs on Korriban, and possibly even use the ancient lightsaber forms hinted at by Kreia in TSL.

The Jedi Civil War era was not covered and ergo totally unknown until Kotor. The Great Hyperspace war has comics about it.

What would a game about the Mandalorian Wars add to the legacy?

I'm not saying it won't be cool (Basilisk War droids!!), but we already know the story. Malachor 5, Shadow Generator, etc, etc.

I just realised something regarding thios subject...the time-span of the episode 1-3 movies are also 'Old Republic.'

I'd personally like to see a game involving that timespan. Fighting in the clone wars, surviving the order 66 (Or causing it :p ), hide from Vader and the sith...i think it would be cool ^^

I'd rather they move on to an entirely new time. Say a thousand years after the events of Knights 3. Something that distances itself from Revans/Exiles/whoever we end up playing in 3's story.

Would be cool to. There would still be a link to the old games, but 'we' could start of with something completely different.

Archived