Home

Was Dooku planning to betray Sidious?

Darth Macca

In Episode II when Obi-Wan has been captured and is locked inside a ray shield, Count Dooku explains to him that Darth Sidious is in control of the Separadists and the Republic. He says "Join me and we can end the Sith...". Is Dooku being genuine? Does he actually want to kill Sidious and the remiaining Sith? Or is it just a decoy of some sort to kill Obi-Wan?

Thoughts?

In Episode II when Obi-Wan has been captured and is locked inside a ray shield, Count Dooku explains to him that Darth Sidious is in control of the Separadists and the Republic. He says "Join me and we can end the Sith...". Is Dooku being genuine? Does he actually want to kill Sidious and the remiaining Sith? Or is it just a decoy of some sort to kill Obi-Wan?

Thoughts?

I think that Dooku wanted to take Palpatine's place as Dark Lord of the Sith. He was going to use Obi-Wan to help him kill him, then Dooku would kill Obi-Wan. It was the same with Vader. Vader tried to get Luke to join him and overthrow Palpatine, then probably take over the Galaxy for himself.

I think that Dooku wanted to take Palpatine's place as Dark Lord of the Sith. He was going to use Obi-Wan to help him kill him, then Dooku would kill Obi-Wan. It was the same with Vader. Vader tried to get Luke to join him and overthrow Palpatine, then probably take over the Galaxy for himself.

Who'd want an apprentice, eh? Because at the end of the day...they always plan to kill you...same old, same old!

That's what I'm basically saying. Dooku would use Obi-Wan, then kill him and Vader would probably kill Luke if they ever helped them.

I understand what you're saying and it is most probably true. I was just saying why would you want a Sith apprentice because in the end they always plan to kill you!

thats the way of the sith... the sith always want power... they want to rule..... but they also want their ways to continue.... play Knights of the old republic to really understand it.

the apprentice always want the place of the master.

I have completed both KotoR's...It was a sarcastic/rhetorical question! It's obvious that the Sith always want more power...as you say, "thats the way of the sith".

Thoughts?

Sith apprentices always want to kill their masters and take power. I think their masters would be disappointed if they didn't :p

Sith apprentices always want to kill their masters and take power. I think their masters would be disappointed if they didn't :p

True, True.

I hear Darth Maul tried to kill Sidious during his training...because of this, Sidious claimed that Maul had completed his training therefore he declared Maul as his apprentice. Is this true?

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think maul would even be able to scratch sidious hes more of an assain where as sidious relys on the force powers more, Dooku owuld have just cintinued the way of the sith (2 so kill his master) because Obi-Wan had acess to him it would be easier, and dooku can stop lightnin so he would have some chance against sidious but he did train Qui-Gon so i think he just wanted to see how strong his apprentices apprentice was in a way because Qui-Gon was one of the greatest jedi(Trained himself to have life after death!) so maybe thats y Dooku wanted him to learn how 2 stay alive forever.

• 3 weeks later...
i dont think maul would even be able to scratch sidious hes more of an assain where as sidious relys on the force powers more, Dooku owuld have just cintinued the way of the sith (2 so kill his master) because Obi-Wan had acess to him it would be easier, and dooku can stop lightnin so he would have some chance against sidious but he did train Qui-Gon so i think he just wanted to see how strong his apprentices apprentice was in a way because Qui-Gon was one of the greatest jedi(Trained himself to have life after death!) so maybe thats y Dooku wanted him to learn how 2 stay alive forever.

i never understood that, in the end of the third movie it said something about Obi-Wan being able to meet his old friend then Obi says "Qui Gon" then it cuts the scene, so could someone enlighten me on this?

Every Sith usually wants to destroy his master. Darth Vader wanted to and eventually did but he always needed the emperor. After the death of Padme the only thing keeping Vader from killing the emperor was his hope to bring her back.

Somehow I think Vader's Meditation chamber is filled with pictures and plushies of Padme. :3

It is also interested to note that the "sith lord" thingy is but a title, there are many darkside followers beneath them as we know it. But yeah sith no not sith, any darksider who follows the way of the sith would exercise it by climbing up the food chain, retiring those above them.

• 2 months later...

Hmmm...

Actully I do think that Dooku would be relatively "kinder" than palpy in certain things. Yes he might actually make a better emperor. Then again it is also easier replacing him with one of the darksiders, as his grip of the Empire might not be as tight and far.

Remember his bulk of troops would be Droids, and we know how they fare in battle. Sure they are easily replaced, but still maintinance is more than some lazy sandtroopers.

Archived