Home

new planets for K1

DLC

I'm starting to get a bit bored of the same old stuff, so I would like some one to make me a few new planets like Coruscant or something, and ofc a few side quests in there, I do not have the skill nor time to mod my self so if anyone would do this for me I would highly appreciate it. Also about the side quests, I am giving free hands to the person who would create this mod for me(and for anyone else who would perhaps wish to use this mod).(I would prefer that the texts would be in english[no offense mean't to anyone])

Thank you in advance.

DLC, the kind of mod you are asking for is one of the biggest mods you can take on. Many come around with ambitions but few actually get anything done. It just takes so long to do some of the things, not that it is overly-difficult it is just so time consuming. I could tell nightmare stories about the ORD Mandell placeables alone, not even including the NPC's. :eek:

Edit: I have been thinking of adding some content on to ORD Mandell but I'm not sure there are enough KotOR I players to make it worth while.

Technically we cannot create new area designs, so RH's Ord Mandell mod has reused preexisting modules, which mostly worked.

Mostly worked? I think not! It was sheer genious! :xp:

Also it is ORD Mandell not Mantell. ;)

@ DarthSaboteur, thanks! :D

Edit: I have been thinking of adding some content on to ORD Mandell but I'm not sure there are enough KotOR I players to make it worth while.

If you make it.. they will come :nod:

Don't think I wouldn't quit Oblivion for a few days to play ORD again.. I have a score to settle with those madalorians ;) hehehe...

I'd sure as shoot play it. I thought the ORD Mandell mod rocked, RedHawke. So nice to have a new place to go to in my favorite game. You should add new content. You'd have at least a download from me, anyway. :D

Thanks for the enthusiasm people. :)

If free-time and creativity permit this might happen, I just have to figure out what exact modules to add, and how I want to arrange things first. It is difficult to suspend disbelief when we have to use pre-existing modules to do things. But if I can give the illusion of travelling a great distance from the arid landing site to a more lush area I might be able to use some Dantooine modules, but I'll have to see if it feels ok. ;)

@ RH: why dont you make a Coruscant mod using Taris modules? im sure it's old hat for you :D

and BTW: check the SW Databanks on the official site, it's Ord Mantell

He knows. He made it Ord Mandell so it's not the same planet ;)

Oh, and I'm investigating making a small space station, but this is still in the viability-testing stage, so I might abandon it. At some point in the future I intend to release a Nar Shadaa mod for K1. At some point.

Hi everyone, I just joined this forum after many long hours enjoying the game and your many great mods (hats off to rehawke).

I'm playing KOTOR 1 on a mac (no jokes please) so I'm pretty much stuck forever in this game universe (no porting of KOTOR2 apparently...EVER!). Thanks to you guys, my blue Aayla Secura twi-lek can save Ord Mandell, solve Weebul's problems and visit the tomb of Exar Kun all while building new stuff with her spiffy new construction bench. Part of me doesn't want to find the Star Forge (again) and just cruise around the galaxy forever... or at least until the Jedi Exile comes to my mac...

I'm not a techy, but I did look into working on some of the mod tools but unfortunately that would mean using them on my pc at work and testing it on my mac at home. Until I become Super-Modder, may I suggest the following ideas/quests:

1 - Return of the Genoharadan - similar to the original, ie - people to kill on various planets

2 - Taris revisited - How about landing on Taris using the map for Davik's estate and then cruise around the lower and under city "doing stuff" (the upper city would be destroyed)? Possibilities could include rescuing people (Weebul's brother?), solving disputes, or just general fighting for fighting's sake.

3 - Khaashyyk - I really like this planet, shame there's no reason to ever return to it. How about a Trandoshan invasion in the shadowlands? Goddamn wookies can never take care of themselves it seems.

4 - Assasinate a Selkath judge - I think many people would like this if given the chance. You'd have to lead (or follow?) one of the judges somewhere where you can assasinate him/her/it safely and in secrecy (I know there are Metal Gear haters, but frankly I think the "stealth" skill is underused in quests)

In a perfect world, I'd like the game to not end after the star forge, but I think I've may have gone too far. Basically, to you modders, know that there are people out there that love you and your devotion to giving us new and exciting things to this already wonderful game. Also know that there are mac players' feelings to consider! Leaving KOTOR behind to play Jedi Academy is ok but....... :)

Until then, howdy again to you all and you can find me reading this forum, checking out pcgamemods every hour on the hour or signing the many online petitions to bring KOTOR 2 to the mac.

cya

Deckwreck

Thanks for the enthusiasm people. :)

If free-time and creativity permit this might happen, I just have to figure out what exact modules to add, and how I want to arrange things first. It is difficult to suspend disbelief when we have to use pre-existing modules to do things. But if I can give the illusion of travelling a great distance from the arid landing site to a more lush area I might be able to use some Dantooine modules, but I'll have to see if it feels ok. ;)

Dooooo it. :):cool:

Check your local gamestop, thats where I got mine.

Also, once I get the hang of editing modules and creating new characters, I'd like to redo parts of Manaan and piece together a Mon Calamari planet, that goals a long way off, but I believe it possible, I'm not so sure about redrawing models to be mon calamari though, there are already quarren. My idea is copyrighted btw.

I want to buy it at a cheaper place though (We don't have gamestop). If I knew how to make a quest where you could have a planet devoted to killing the fish guys on maanan. I know there is a mod where you can kill them already but I wanna add killing of the wookies too (they seemed weak, wookies were way under powered).

Archived