Home

KotOR III: Master & Apprentice?

The Source

Do you think there is more to the General Role?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there is more to the General Role?

• Revan is Exile's Apprentice.
    • Revan Does Not Have an Apprentice.
    • The Exile Becomes Revan's Apprentice.
    • There is Someone Out There That We Don't Know About.
    • There is No Apprentice.

KotOR III: Master & Apprentice?

This is a two parter. In some cases, I am hoping to get people to think about where the story can potentially go. There is a rule that governes both Sith and Jedi.

"There can only be one Master and one Apprentice."

1. Do you think there is more to the General Role? (See Poll).

2. If you had to choose out of all the characters in the series, who would be the best canidate to become your Master/Apprentice in KotOR III?

I'd say the Exile will take the role as Revan's apprentice.

Revan and the Exile are both torn apart by war, and are 'special' in ways of the Force. They both bested a very strong enemy, and are both Jedis trained by the Old Republic Jedis (Vrook etc).

I think the Exile could join Revan. They could bring an enormous war/peace at the Galaxy together.

They are also old friends. It would be illogical to work against eachother.

Both have nowhere to go anymore, and are drifters.

Neither. I always pictured the Exile to be more like Revan's lackey or errand girl than his apprentice. The whole mentor thing seems like it would be very repetitive if it was put in KotOR III. TSL focused on the Exile being an apprentice and getting trained to go out into the Unknown Regions, while at the same time portraying Revan as a very powerful figure. It would be very unfitting for either of them to be an apprentice.

There's someone out there that we don't know about! This currently unknown being will most likely be the villain, the Master of the True Sith. As for his apprentice(s), same thing, we don't know who they are. As for Revan, he'll either be the main character again (which I still endorse), or he will appear in a cutscene/flashback, or will only be mentioned. As for the Exile, I don't think, nor do I want him/her to appear again, the Exile will most likely only be mentioned.

The whole Master & Apprentice thing is more of a later evolution in the SW universe. In the Kotor time period the Jedi teach multiple padawans at a time and the sith have academies like on Korriban where you have one master and 6-8 students.

As to Revan and the Exiles relationship they were more like fellow comrades in arms as Jedi Knights they were probably of equal rank or close to it. Infact up untill Revan and Malak took off they too had been equals. Malak took the role of Revan's apprentice when they became sith as Revan was the more powerful of the 2.

As to the return of Exile or Revan in K3 they really should play a back seat role. Just like REvans role in K2 was to the Exile. Yes a closure of the story about these characters should be a must but an entirely different main character. I would find it rather refreshing to have a main character who is a young padawan knight freshly trained by Jedi Master's Juhani & Jolee who is sent out in search of Revan and or the Exile to find out what happened to them. In this search the main character manages to find the Ebon Hawk with HK, T3, and Candi. With these 4 remnants from the first 2 games we have our re-occuring characters and more fun.

Neither. As someone said, Exile was more like a right-hand person/errand boy (or girl) to Revan. And besides, the idea just sounds kinda dorky, if you know what I mean. So, I would probably pick: there is no apprentice.

As Darkkender said, I think Revan and the Exile should play a backseat role as much as possible. In otherwords, they should be involved in the story somewhat, but should not be the main focus. That focus should be on the new PC of KIII. Since this is most likely the end, they previous characters should appear more than they did in TSL, but not that much.

Revan was the master of many... but not Exile... Exile was a general who followed Revan and admired him, but Exile was her own woman... Revan admired Exile's abilities as a general and leader and used them as any good leader would.. However, as I see the relationship between the two, Exile was just one of Revan's many generals...

Darkkender's idea is quite good. Maybe a new PC is the best. But Revan has to play a major role in the game as the whole KOTOR-Story is based on his/ her fate. So, the best thing is to have a new PC that is searching for Revan and the Exile in the Unkown Region. That would give us the opportunities to meet old friends (Carth, Mission, etc.). Maybe the new PC could be the son/ daughter of Dustil if we would play 15-20 years later. That would be a good reason for the search for Revan and Carth.

Darkkender's idea is quite good. Maybe a new PC is the best. But Revan has to play a major role in the game as the whole KOTOR-Story is based on his/ her fate. So, the best thing is to have a new PC that is searching for Revan and the Exile in the Unkown Region. That would give us the opportunities to meet old friends (Carth, Mission, etc.). Maybe the new PC could be the son/ daughter of Dustil if we would play 15-20 years later. That would be a good reason for the search for Revan and Carth.

You really should check out project Thor's WIP progress state if you haven't as Dustil will have a Daughter named Crystal Onassi. :D

But seriously now I don't believe it should be a primary part of K3 having Revan being the key focus. Especially upon alot of recent reflection and the Arren Kae/Kreia debate of if they are one in the same. Some of the details pointed out in that debate also make me ponder upon the deeper darker big picture that I think spans beyond Revan. Since the focus seems to be more on the "Greater threat" from the "Unkown Regions".

Archived