Home

Which console do you most want to succeed?

Thrik

Which console do you most want to succeed?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. Which console do you most want to succeed?

• Microsoft Xbox 360
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Sony Playstation 3

*points @ Pho3nix* Sony has hit your weakspot for massive damage!

rofl :lol:

Indeed they have. I honestly can't understand what Sony though when they designed the PS3. Sure, most people want the best they can get on the market, it makes them feel special or something I guess. The power of the PS3 is really amazing and it will definately offer a great array of possibilities when it come to graphics ans stuff. However, I cannot understand how they imagined that people, especially younger people, would be willing to pay for this. Never in a million years would I have asked my parents for a $600+ toy, nor would I have been able to afford it myself when I was younger. I honnestly think Sony has lost a big chunk of the younger audience and they're gonna feel it.

I've been playing video games for over 20 years now, of course the firs few years were always full of innovation and new gameplay mechanics. but since the N64 and Playstation era, the new gameplay mechanics ceased to appear and the only innovations were about where to put new buttons on the controller. And then came Revolution, now Wii. With Nintendo brought a new approach to gaming, and innovation to gaming once more. I find this extremely refreshing and I can't wait to try it out. I really hope the Wii succeeds with what it's trying to do, not necesserally for the Wii in particular, but for what it might bring to video games in general. If the Wii fails, then I beleive that never again will a company try to innovate in such a way and we'll be stuch with the same old games...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@ cutmeister: Fealiks is right, after all the PS3 has GIANT ENEMY CRABS and REALTIME WEAPON CHANGE and NO GIMMICKS and the PS3 CONTROLLER WITH SIX DEGREES OF FREEDOM and lets not forget RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAACEEERRRRRRR!!... rock on.

XD

:lol: Yeah. I guess you're right, Lynk. Microsoft and Nintendo may as well cash in their chips now cuz Sony is all that and a bag of chips. :xp:

Never in a million years would I have asked my parents for a $600+ toy, nor would I have been able to afford it myself when I was younger. I honnestly think Sony has lost a big chunk of the younger audience and they're gonna feel it.
I dunno, coupes. These kids nowadays, they've got this entitlement attitude. I don't think they have a problem asking their parents to cough up whatever amount of cash they need to get what they want. IMHO the real question is whether or not the parents will actually be willing to fork out that much cash for a PS 3. ;)

@ cutmeister: No parent's won't be willing to fork out that much... the cost of living has been rising recently and a 599USD PS3, an entertainment device... A TOY isn't going to be everyone's first priority. To add to that, people seem to forget aaaaaaaaaaaall about the additional costs of accessories and games. The PS3 is will cost people A LOT more than just 599USD.

Wii will beat all!!! The PS3 and Xbox 360 are basicly the same thing as their predesessors with a new controller a sleek design and a better graphics card. The Wii may have a weird name but it is going to revolutionize gaming as we know it! An Interactive controller, better graphics and any Nintendo Game can be downloaded on to it for just 99 cents! Also the Wii is going to cost around $150-$200. You can get all that for $200 less than an XBox 360 and $400 less than a PS 3!!!!! It keeps getting better and better. I am personally wishing to god that some star wars games come out for it. Imagine lightsaber action with an interactive controller?!?!?!?

@ cutmeister: No parent's won't be willing to fork out that much... the cost of living has been rising recently and a 599USD PS3, an entertainment device... A TOY isn't going to be everyone's first priority. To add to that, people seem to forget aaaaaaaaaaaall about the additional costs of accessories and games. The PS3 is will cost people A LOT more than just 599USD.

Especially since PS3 games cost more than most games do...

I think the 360 will overcome the other compettitors. I don't know much about the Wii but for the PS3, the cheapest price will be 600 and the games will be 100. The only things I like for the PS3 is that all the games are in HD and that you can play PS1 and PS2 games. I have a 360 Premium Addition so I am happy.

I love Nintendo and Xbox, but I prefer 360, because KOTOR. Also, I'll still buy the Wii. But come on, it's called the Wii. That name lacks... any marketing value. Wii is translated to: "Miyamoto can't really think of any name right now so this one will do but it doesn't matter because Nintendo has a loyal fan base who will buy it for any reason"

Heh, after reading this thread I've come to notice a common well, *ahem* thread among most people. We would all rather have an almost equal processing power in exchange for the innovation the Wii provides. What I pray for each night is that the Wii won't be a dissapointment. I'm pretty sure I won't want to end up with overrated and overpriced PS3's or also overrated 360's. If the Wii fails, it's goodbye for Nintendo, but if it indeed is what we have hoped, it's going to be back on the lead for the next century. Although the 360 is pretty attractive because of BioWare and HD, it lacks in a lot of aspects. And PC gaming will never die. And finally, with any luck, Sony will be KO'D pretty soon.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO!!!!!! LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!!!!!!

You are entitled to your opinion, but you're also forgetting to take into account some important facts. First, the Nintendo DS, second Nintendo's strong financial position and the money it has saved in the bank just for such rainy days. Lastly, the fact that Nintendo never makes a product where they would end up taking heavy losses if it were to fail. If Nintendo's home console were to fail like the GameCube, then Nintendo has plenty of other things to keep it standing for another round. It's proven this time and time again.

Also, you can't really compare Sega's fall to what may or may not happen to Nintendo since Sega fell due to very different circumstances. Add to that the fact that Sega had nothing else of real substance but its home console line... Nintendo dropping out of the console race is just as unlikely as Sony or Microsoft dropping out.

Nintendo wont be finished on consoles, not for my lifetime at least. It built up a loyal group of customers, also, even though it wasn't the best, it was still good. Also, remember the N64, that had COMPLETE dominance, everybody who was anybody had an N64, even Playstation fans had N64's. Also, since Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong etc will stay on the Nintendo systems, people will get them.

@ generalvaklu321:

1st, don't double post. If you have anything to add and another person hasn't posted under your, then edit the post you've just posted.

2nd, the PS1 outsold the N64.

3rd. just because Nintendo has a lot of franchises doesn't mean it's going to attract a lot of people. There is a large group of people who don't like the franchises Nintendo comes up with.

2nd, the PS1 outsold the N64.

That's true, I checked it. I'll admit, "dominated" would be the wrong word to use. But still, financially, the N64 did amazing, and, although not as much as playstation, sold crazy.

3rd. just because Nintendo has a lot of franchises doesn't mean it's going to attract a lot of people. There is a large group of people who don't like the franchises Nintendo comes up with.

About your third point, it's not the amount of franchises that matters, but they have them, and people like them, A LOT. You are right, there is a large group of people who dont like the Nintendo franchises, but there is a larger (or just as big) group that DOES like them. I'm saying that Nintendo has nothing to prove, it has already attracted people.

Yeah but think about it, Nintendo has relied heavily on its franchises on its last two consoles (N64 and GCN) and while we've seen some bloody good games from Nintendo lately, it's the third party developers as a whole who attract more developers than Nintendo does alone. This reliance on their own franchises is what is putting NIntendo into third place and something must be done about it. The group is big, but obviously not big enough.

Nintendo does have something to prove, it needs to prove that it can attract all of those third party developers back to them after they had all jumped ship in the N64/PS1 generation.

I'm a very big Nintendo fan, but that's not going to cloud my judgement of what I think Nintendo needs to do to improve itself.

Archived