Home

Which console do you most want to succeed?

Thrik

Which console do you most want to succeed?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. Which console do you most want to succeed?

• Microsoft Xbox 360
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Sony Playstation 3

I guess your right, Nintendo does have something to prove. It's already good, but does need improvement, but you can say that for every other developer. The way I think Nintendo can attract other developers and/or customers is to allow more M rated games. Nintendo has some, but it leaves out many chances for a good action game (not saying Nintendo has no action games).

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't disallow mature rated games. Don't forget that Nintendo has encouraged mature rated games such as Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Eternal Darkness, Reisdent Evil 0 and 4. And at this very moment Nintendo is giving huge amounts of support to Ubisoft as they develop Red Steel.

Nintendo doesn't have to make muture games themselves since they have plenty of other developers to do it for them and it's not like any of their games are lacking just cause it doesn't have "M" stuck on em.

The biggest worry that developers seem to have with Nintendo is that when they develop for a Nintendo system, they have to directly compete with Nintendo to get the gamers attentions since a big part of owning a Nintendo console is playing the Nintendo games on it.

But of course we don't have to worry though since the Wii hasn't launched and already we can see vast improvements on the third party developer front.

That's upto Rockstar whether they want to develop for a Nintendo system, at the moment Rockstar has no interest in Nintendo at all. Nintendo could throw money at them like Sony, but that's not Nintendo, they'd gladly offer support for their system if Rockstar approached them though.

But so what? Ubisoft has great interest in Nintendo at the moment and is releasing several mature rated titles and then there's Grasshopper who is releasing Heroes for Wii, a very violent title, etc, etc. I think I've already talked about this earlier in the thread lol.

And GTA didn't really work for the Xbox, Halo 2 worked for the Xbox, that's the single greatest title the Xbox had and put it on the map... GTA was pretty much an afterthought.

What is with people and the Wii!!!!!! While the design is innovative, they are specifically

marketing to NON-GAMERS. Personally if I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on a gaming console I want it to be for gaming! Anyways I'd have to vote for the 360. The PS3 put itself out of the picture with it's price tag.

What is with people and the Wii!!!!!! While the design is innovative, they are specifically

marketing to NON-GAMERS. Personally if I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on a gaming console I want it to be for gaming! Anyways I'd have to vote for the 360. The PS3 put itself out of the picture with it's price tag.

How is the Wii not for gaming ? o_O

And Nintendo is far from marketing the Wii to non-gamers, where did you get that ? What they are trying to do is to appeal to a larger crowd. Not making games exclusively for 18-30 year old males is far from making games to non-gamers...

Yes, but trying to appeal to the non-gamer crowd doesn't mean letting down the serious gamer crowd. Nintendo is creating a console that will be fun to play, easy to pick up for non-gamers and that will offer plemty of new gameplay mechanics and ideas/conceptd for reguler gamers.

As a regular gamer (and I speak for me, my sibling, and most of my friends) while some of their games are cool, it's the new controller that throws it off. You get two dinky little controllers that look like remotes. They have two analog sticks(combined) and a couple of buttons. It offers nowhere near the same kind of control, as it has fewer buttons, and the feel of a first person shooter would be gone as al you have to do is point and click. Where's the challenge?

I concede with a "ya, maybe." Still though, the entire feel of their gaming system is just off somehow. I'm still going to throw my vote to the 360, there's no way I'm gonna give up a tradditional controller for two of those remote things.

@ Nagru: XD Yes, Wii is trying to attract non-gamers just like the DS is, however it will still have plenty of games made for people who are already gamers. I don't know where you got the impression that there won't be any "games" for Wii, but it seems obvious that you haven't actually looked to find out what it has.

On the controls side of things, it is one of those things you really need to actually hold in your hands and play a game with to actually know where Nintendo is coming from, that's the biggest hurdle Nintendo has to face. You don't have to give up the traditional controller, all you need to do is experience a different way of controlling videogames.

To clarify since Obi didn't go into detail XD

• The first option is the Wiimote + Nunchaku.
  • The second is the GameCube controller which you can use for your GameCube games you want to play on your Wii.
  • The third is the Classic Controller, which is primarily used for Virtual Console games but can be used for GameCube games and selected Wii games if they want to use it.

lol, well we understand your opinion, all we did was give you information you seemed to lack. There are a lot of people that will prefer to have audio/visual quality above all else and that's fine with me. And there are people who want to stick with traditional gaming because they like it that way and that's fine too.

• 2 weeks later...

Wii is probably going to be successful, followed by X-Box 360. Or it can be the other way around, you never know. PS3 is already in the gutter and it hasn't came out yet. All I hear about the PS3 is BAD news, nothing good. First it was the price, then the shortage in blue ray disk, then the shortage in production of the system themselves, then the cost of games ($70-$100), then the fact that you HAVE to buy a seperate cable to see HD stuff, and then that they are not going to release the system this fall/winter. Idk, but anyone who thinks the PS3 is gonna succeed are fanboys or rich people. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Wii. It has an innovative play style, a cheap price, and all of the nintendo exclusive games.

Xbox 360 is simply terrible.

PS3 is OK, but its too expensive. It looks decent enough, but the price kills it. It does not have enough innovation or technological advances over the others to be worth triple the wii.

Archived