Home

Which console do you most want to succeed?

Thrik

Which console do you most want to succeed?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. Which console do you most want to succeed?

• Microsoft Xbox 360
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Sony Playstation 3

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think so. I read somewhere that the PS3 does need a HDTV, like the XBOX 360. The Wii doesn't need one.

XD Yes I already knew the answer to this, I was asking it in a way so that slomie could come to the realisation himself rather than me telling him so.

If you have a HDTV... a GOOD HDTV, that means something monsterously huge and costs a tonne, not one of the smaller regular sized HDTVs, then obviously you could afford to buy an entire country and the PS3 too.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! Nintendo strikes back! The only thing wrong with the Wii is the name, everything else pwns the 360 and ps3 combine!

The only thing that sony and microsoft improve are the graphics, (and stealing nintendo's idea for sony)

The graphics don't matter so much, of course you don't want horrible graphics but you don't need life-like either. Nintendo has the right idea, improving graphics is not the focus, improving the way the game can be played to make games funner is the focus.

I can't wait for Super Smash Bros Brawl and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption!!!

WII WILL WII WILL ROCK YOU!!! :smash:

I was sort of having some doubts about the 360. It didn't seem to have that many great games. The only good one was Call of Duty, and Halo 3 coming out in a while, and there isn't any sign of Kotor 3. I was thinking about getting a Wii, because it looks pretty innovative, and then maybe a 360 some time after Halo 3 came out, but I've changed my mind because of one thing: Mass Effect. This game looks f***ing brilliant. Looks even better than Kotor. It's like Bioware can't make a bad game, only games that are even better than their predecessors. They have cemented my faith in xbox once again. Long live the 360!

Wii !

I only own a gamecube as I wanted some 'party' games which weren't offered on the PC. Nintendo always offered that special variaty of games; stuff like Smash bros isn't comparable with anything else.

Wii itself does it again. I never liked the analog sticks of console, I felt much more comfortable with keyboard/mouse. The point thingy is just awesome, I have to get myself one with the zapper wiimote addon.

360 looks ok, but I play much more fun games on PC with the comfortable keyboard/mouse. And sony's consumer screw plan for the blu-ray sickens me, as their arrogant attitude and their weekly retarded statements.

I will likely not buy a next gen console. I have an xbox and it does very little apart collecting dust. I prefer the flexibility of a PC which also allow me to easily tweak my games to my liking. However, to answer the poll, I'd say the Wii. It's the only console that has an innovative design (the only "next-gen" console to me) and the one with the most reasonable price.

The PS3 price is just ridiculous IMHO. It's just a game console but at the price of a mid-range computer.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 barely edges Nintendo's next-gen for my poll vote only because I'm a PC gamer and I've got this idea in my head (could be :nut: on this) that if Xbox 360 has games that do well then those games are more likely to be ported to PC than games from Nintendo's new console or Sony's PS 3. I really hope BioWare's Mass Effect makes it to PC after its Xbox 360 debut.

I also like the innovation and low price Nintendo is bringing with its new console. I'm considering purchasing one after the initial launch craze subsides.

I couldn't care less about Sony's PS 3.

well, i'm definately more of a PC gamer than a console gamer, but i will gladly admit that the Wii has me quite intrigued. i've watched several videos on the new motion sensing controls for the Wii, and i'm all but convinced that it will put Nintendo back into the lead in the console wars.

where Sony and Micro$oft are content to just evolve the consoles by giving them better processing capabilities, Nintendo has shown that they are willing to give us something truely revolutionary. Sony, IMHO, gave the whole motion sensing idea lip service by adding in the functionality at the last minute which only shows how much of a revolution Nintendo has already started. the fact that you can change the thinking of a major competitor before your product even hits the market is huge.

if anything, the 360 and the PS3 aren't truely next-gen to begin with. sure, the graphics and the processing power are getting a boost, but what is that going to give you aside from better AI and physics (which, by the way, are already here with games like Half-Life 2, F.E.A.R, and Oblivion hitting the market)?? there isn't anything truely spectacular about all the extra processing power (which, in the PS3's case, is way too much) except for all the extra processing power.

yeah, the Wii may not be as powerful as the 360 or the PS3, but who cares whenever you can immerse yourself into a game more than ever before outside of virtual reality booths or a visit to the local arcade. gameplay will never be the same, and going back to the 360 or even my own PC is going to feel downright lame after a couple of sessions using the Wii's motion controller since pressing buttons just isn't going to feel quite right anymore.

the Wii is my definative pick for the console that will beat out the others.

why would the 360 have more votes than the PS3? Theres no competition whatsoever! The 360 isn't even next gen!
:eyeraise: Says who? I'm certainly not convinced by your outlandish opinion without any basis in fact.

Lol Lucasforums is retarded...
So you consider yourself retarded?!?! After all you are a member of LucasForums as well. :roleyess:

Look, you're certainly entitled to your opinion on the poll subject but if you would be so kind as to keep your thoughts on the intelligence-level of LucasForums' general membership to yourself I'm sure your fellow LF members would greatly appreciate it. I know I would. :nod:

Archived