Home

Was it justified?

RC-1162

Was it justified?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Was it justified?

• Yes, it was justified
    • No, he should have controlled his anger

Hey all, i just watched AotC again and started thinking about the vegeance that Anakin took out on the Tuskens. i just wanted to know, what do you think of it? do you feel it was justified? or do you think he should not have done it?

i feel that it was justified. he was only human and anybody who had only a mother an no other relatives would obviously get incredibly angry if somebody killed his mother without any valid reason.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a Jedi, he should have known better than to go berserk on the Tuskens. I know I, or any one of us would have done the same thing if someone hurt the ones we love, but Anakin should have controlled himself, thanks to what he did he started slipping to the Dark Side.

I'm not sure all of us would do the same thing. I've often thought about that.

Honestly, anger and fury would attempt to consume me, but I believe, as a jedi, I probably would have only eliminated the ones that attacked me or stood in my way as I retreived my mom's body and departed.

Annakin allowed the fury to consume him and he seeked out the whole clan and murdered them, including women and children. Not sure I'd have went that far.

@Igy: He was slippin' to the darkside way before that.

12 year old? man, that kid's got skilz!

well, i agree that he shouldnt have killed the women and kids, but maybe those who were directly responsible could have gotten chopped up. the only problem now is: how the F do we distinguish between them? :D

I voted no: it was not justified. But, I am not saying I wouldn’t have done the same thing if I had his ability. I’m just saying like his mother many of the Tusking Raiders within the camp were also innocent.

As for the Tusking being savages and getting what they deserved, well remember this was their land and the humans are the trespassers. I can not say that if a bunch of strange creatures showed up on my front lawn and started setting up farms that I wouldn't want to take the fight to them.

It was justified. You should not fear your passion, you should embrace it. If somebody hurts you like that, his revenge is your reward. There is no need to control your emotions, instead you should embrace them. Don't fear the DarkSide, embrace it, use it's power, join the Sith. There's no need to rationalize, you do what you want to do, because that's far more fun than restricting yourself.

It was justified. You should not fear your passion, you should embrace it. If somebody hurts you like that, his revenge is your reward. There is no need to control your emotions, instead you should embrace them. Don't fear the DarkSide, embrace it, use it's power, join the Sith. There's no need to rationalize, you do what you want to do, because that's far more fun than restricting yourself.

You should be a politician.

If somebody killed my mom, I wouldn't even try to control myself. And I wouldn't regret it later, either. I'd kill 'em off nice and slow, making sure they suffer plenty along the way. Death would be welcomed by the time I was through with them. After that, I'd go on a bloody rampage through-out the galaxy that would be the stuff of legend for generations to come. Err, yeah, that sounds about right.

nor does sidious, all you have to do is shout UNLIMITED POWER!!! :xp:

OT:

havent the tuskens heard of cooperation? if humans want to settle down on Tatooine, then let them. whats up with the kidnapping and killings. you don't see humans doing that a lot. (well, except for Bush and his cronies :xp: )

That... I didn't know. It must be from a SW book, right?

It's from the book:

Star Wars: Rogue Planet, in which Obi-Wan and Anakin go on their first mission together. Obi-Wan has problems keeping the boy out of trouble.

It's written by Greg Bear.

Maybe you should pick it up at the local library...it's very intersting to read how Anakin is slipping towards the Dark Side, which results in the murder on the Assassin/

Actually I refer to my opponents as Hitler all the time. Pretty much as if it is their own name. But I really should be a politician, I think.

For example when I call somebody Hitler I always immediatly follow up with an insult to the communists (along the lines of 'at least you're not communist/Stalin etc). Aside from that I also always add an insult to Israel. most of the time it's along the lines of 'all the jews killed are wrong, however with the modern Isrealies it is a different case. Though it shouldn't have been done at that time because they didn't do anything yet.' Followed up by harsh language against the PNVD (Dutch pedofile party) with a common line like 'however I will allow all means of wiping out the PNVD'

Note that I edited the lines a bit to make them resemble how I would use them for anything political. And I really don't mind jews (in fact I couldn't care less about anybodies religion) but I do hate Isreal (because of the extreme violence and for election purposes I could say something like 'because of the extreme violence from wich even Hitler can learn something). And with the anti-Israel feelings in Europe that may very wel get me elected.

Apart from that, Sidious didn't even use the lines. However it is actually very easy to get elected, simply play in on the peoples emotions and they vote for you. These are all very good tactics that can be found in 'Palpatine's ultimate guide to polical and unlimited power'.

Maybe. Anakin was a Jedi and he was to strictly severe himself from all connections to his parents. It's his fault he went off after his mother to start it. Secondly, a Jedi expects the worst, and is ready for it. A Jedi has no emotions, and does not feel them. Anakin, therefore was wrong to sttart with, and when further worse by having emotions. So, I'll say he shouldn't have done it. Sure it was his mother and all, but it was more like some sort of a test destiny had put up for him - to check if he was a true Jedi or not.

A Jedi has no emotions, and does not feel them.

That is why the Jedi are wrong. They don't accept reality. Apart from that, emotions are not something to be feared. You should embrace your emotions for they bring you power, UNLIMITED POWER. And that is why the Sith are better.

Anakin, therefore was wrong to sttart with, and when further worse by having emotions. So, I'll say he shouldn't have done it. Sure it was his mother and all, but it was more like some sort of a test destiny had put up for him - to check if he was a true Jedi or not.

Well, as a Jedi he indeed was wrong. However when you take a look at reality you can clearly see that Anakin has seen the light, developed a sence of justice and did what is the right thing to do. So maybe for a Jedi these actions were wrong, but they still are the right thing to do.

Archived