Home

Just a few things I've been working on...

Mono_Giganto

Yeah, it wasn't too hard, maybe 4 or 5 keys spaced out to make it pretty smooth. The real trouble was to get the "butt" of the stock to rotate along the stock's pivot, then rotate on it's own pivot. It's no big deal, really.

Besides, I don't see what the lighsaber has to do with it. We can't transfer the animations to a new mesh, and even if we could, I don't want my stock to ignite like a lightsaber blade. Especially straight up in the air. :p

@Mav: Hi Mav! :^:

nice stuff Mono, seems like your modeling skills have really grown :D

don't think I didn't see that RH, man I can't believe they gave you mod powers, what has this world come to... :p

:devburn: Muahahahahaha! :D -RH

Seeing as the guns are all rigged, and both melee weapons are giving me trouble, I think I'll be releasing the guns separately, so the wait won't be as long. All that's really left for the guns is some alpha channel tweaking, UTI editing, and ingame placement.

A little late to the party, but not too late to become proverbially drunk.

These are amazing.

I've downloaded these and they will be added to my folder entitled 'Mono'.

...hmm... Do you still remember me, Mono? I'm a little wiser and a little less bothersome since I've last seen you on the forums.. ;)

_EW_

• 3 months later...

I decided a while back that I wanted to make an update to my old DL-44 mod... So I figured I'd start with remodelling it. So far, I've remodelled one of the variations, out of a total 3 or 4. Here's how it looks:

dl5kx2.th.png

dl6xb1.png

Build Time: About 90 Minutes

Polygons: 713

Detached: Not Yet...

At 713 polygons, it's less than half the original model's polygon count, and looks quite a bit cleaner in my opinion. Still needs to be textured, which I'll do myself. No photosourcing this time. After this one, I have a couple more meshes to do, and some minor scripting to fix. I haven't gotten a lot of time for this kind of thing lately, so I can't promise a release date. I'll have it done when I'm able to finish it up. :)

By the way, that awesome font in my second image is the font on the side of the Dr. Pepper can. :D

• 1 month later...

Well, I've left this sitting pretty long without saying anything... I feel a bit bad about that, so here's a shot of what I've done in the time I've had to work on this:

dl7zc4.png

And with some very nice touch-ups and additions by Inyri Forge (Thanks again! :D):

dl8vo6.png

Blue parts haven't been mapped/textured yet. Ignore that odd line around the mesh, Imageshack did that for some reason.

I'm sorry this is taking me so long to make progress on, it's just so difficult to pull together an adequate amount of time to work on it. :(

• 1 month later...
Kinda a big qestion, but theres no chance you could make some of those in Star Wars Jedi Academy, is there?

Probably not... I don't really have the time to rig them all for another game and make the appropriate shader files... And I never was successful at rigging first person meshes, as the helpers never exported, so there'd be no muzzle flash, and the shot would appear from the waist... And I really don't have the time to figure that one out, or to search the web for a better exporter.

As for the blaster that I've been completely quiet on... for a really long time... I've been trying to make progress on it, but I've been spending a lot of time in Photoshop for non-modding reasons (Real Life matters, mostly.), so I just haven't really had the desire to spend my free time in Photoshop for hours on end.

I have spent some of it playing in 3DS Max though... Have some decent looking meshes... And even started animating something that could pass as a KotOR era cutscene... May show bits of those things at some point, even if I have no plans to rig/ready them for KotOR. Some people just like to look at that stuff. :p

Anyway, sorry if I've been a disappointment lately...

Archived