Home

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Ali1392

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say again, it gives them an advantage. In the world of video games, we like to make things fair. Some people like first person, some like third person. Some people are Christian, some people are Muslims. Lets say, theres a Muslim and a Christianplaying say wheel of fortune. The Muslim uses third person, he has no disadvantages. The Christian is firstperson, if he makes a mistake, they blindfold him until he runs from the studio and gets the blindfold off. While the blindfold is being taken off, the Muslim goes and gets 3 extra spins or takes 3 extra CPs that were unguarded. Do you understand now why while it would be cool, it is totaly unfair?

On a side note, this was not ment to offend anyone, I just pulled those religions out because they are the 2 biggest monotheistic religions, I have nothing against either of them or any of the other religions except scienctology because their stupid morons.

I doubt there will be a Battlefront III, i feel this may turn into a dream rather than reality (a bit like Kotor III) - and anyway i believe it would be on the next generation consoles like the 360 or PS3 if it was to ever be released that would be unfair on gamers whom can ill afford the rip-off prices of new consoles (especially the PS3, which is a hefty £500 in my country!)

I doubt there will be a Battlefront III, i feel this may turn into a dream rather than reality (a bit like Kotor III) - and anyway i believe it would be on the next generation consoles like the 360 or PS3 if it was to ever be released that would be unfair on gamers whom can ill afford the rip-off prices of new consoles (especially the PS3, which is a hefty £500 in my country!)

I'm sure there will be a SWBF 3 just as there will be a KOTOR 3, and to release the sequel to two highly popular and successful games only on those awful consoles is a stupid idea and I think and hope that Lucas Arts know that

I'm sure there will be a SWBF 3 just as there will be a KOTOR 3, and to release the sequel to two highly popular and successful games only on those awful consoles is a stupid idea and I think and hope that Lucas Arts know that

That is true - to release a game as outdated technology seems like a fool's errand.... of course a viable alternative would be the PC.

Free Radical has already announced there "Secret Project" with Lucas Arts. Since they specialize in first-person shooters, the only two possibilities could be Republic Commando 2 or Battlefront 3, unless it's some new game. I think it will most likely be BF 3, since Pandemic screwed up these games horribly.

And I'd have to agree that LA would be stupid not to release it for PC. All I play is Star Wars PC games, and if they stop making them, they'll take away one of the only things I truly love doing.

i only play battlefront 1 and 2 but the pc can run bf3s technolgly sincei have an xbox i just dont have enough hard drive space but if nimber 3 isent for pc i am gonna be so mad.

lucasarts going bf3 pc does not have graphics to run bf3 blah ah bull pc has the graphics.

I think the dust would be great if you could turn it off.

oh and Tyrone, care to retype your post in English?

I believe he said his PC could play BF3 (if it existed)..he also has an XBox and if 'they' are saying that PC couldn't do the graphics of BFIII then that is BS.

-----------------

Me, I am a fan of better maps. Also Geonosis is a bit "bright" at the mo, needs more red tinting and a more diverse battlefield. Republic Commando had a novel attempt. I kinda like the scene where Padme's ship comes down and there's loads of refinary stacks and the launch doors to tech union ships and it's dark and menacing.

Geonosis nights anyone?

along that last note, how about an option for weather and time of day. It would be the first innovative thing for the battlefront series. You could have a choice of morning, noon, evening and then night. You could also chose to add say rain or snow or windy(causing sand storms).

jawathehutt you do have point that we should have weather and time of day. It would the battles more diverse by adding advantages and disadvantages to battles by making it hard see in the darkness or in the blinding sand storms. And making the combat the easier by being able trace the bullets back to the unit they cam from.

From this idea i also got another. a new group of units specialized in night attacks. They have a new ability to see with night vision googles. The googles help the special troops see in the dark with no trouble. They would be usually used for taking out people without being seen. As primary weapons they would wield a silenced blaster rifle and commando pistols. As secondary weapons they would wield the night vision googles, Kamino death darts, and themal grenades.

Always thinking of new troopers :ears1:

From this idea i also got another. a new group of units specialized in night attacks. They have a new ability to see with night vision googles. The googles help the special troops see in the dark with no trouble. They would be usually used for taking out people without being seen. As primary weapons they would wield a silenced blaster rifle and commando pistols. As secondary weapons they would wield the night vision googles, Kamino death darts, and themal grenades.

Always thinking of new troopers :ears1:

That would be another good argument for multiple kits per class. One of them for each class could be more oriented for stealth and night time while others for day and maybe one who has normal main guns, a silenced side arm and night vision.

Hmmmmm..... Maybe a large battlefield let's say Feluica(by the way I think Feluica sucks) there could three factions fightnig at once maybe....

Well, anyway I got a new trooper again this one is specialized at boarding enemy ship in space battles. They can only be used in the space battle for invading a enemy ship by foot(or jetpacking). These troops carry oxygen tanks(droids don't because they can breath in space) and have jetpack to get the location they need go. they are the only troops that jump outside the hanger shield by foot. They best used for make a strike at the enemy from a more eay postion..the top the capital ship. they have a slicing device that can over some time cut through enemy ship so that you drop in to some place with in the ship. As primary weapons they wield a Blaster Rifle and a commando pistol. As secondary weapons they wield thermal grenades, advanced fusion cutter, and time bombs. This weapons make them a threat if you let squad of them attack the ship. So better you better denfend against them from inside and outside the ship.

I prefer integrated land-high altitude battles compared to "Rogue Squadron lite" space battles. After all, it'd be funny to be ab;e to launch buzz droid at an enemy command post as well! Or on people...tanks...wookies...

And I'm in agreement with Jawas weather/time points and multi-kit classes (OK TKT101, your night visions goggles!)

More options=good.

Archived