Home

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Ali1392

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ What you think they're going to make a game with PS2 level graphics for the Xbox 360? When there have been games with a million times better graphics that game out with the 360 like two years previously?

I have little doubt that this game will be at current next-gen standards, if not better, so don't presume to compare it to Battlefront.

I won't comment on it's PC compatibility because you will undoubtedly retort with a list of your computers super-high specs, fake or not.

let this thread die its the longest one on the forums and we've discussed eveything.

That was completely unnecessary, it will die eventualy but until then, shut up. Unless you plan on saying something worthwhile next time, dont say it.

Back on topic, not making the game on PC would just be saying that they dont care about a large amount of money in exchange for a little extra work. Hopefully Free Rad isn't lazier than pandemic.

i got some ideas

1)if a clone trooper or another trooper is wounded,you will see people carrying him to the hospital.if the clone dies while they carry him they drop him.and when the clone is healed,he should go fight again and if he dies,no one can do anything about it.

2)there should be an ARC trooper(not like in battlefront 1)or clone commando,something elite.and those elite troopers will fight very well and defeat atleast 10-15 battle droids.they should be very strong,and they should lead some troops into battle

3)to get the game more realistic,there should be diseases or dehydration.when a clone trooper gets a disease,he is taken to the hospital and if he dies,they take him out and i dont know,maybe bury him.gunships should hold alot of troopers not just 6 or 4.atleast 20.

4)when a blaster bolt hits a ship in the engine the ship dramatically goes down and hits the ground and explodes.it shouldnt take 100 blaster bolts to take down a ship.

i got some ideas

1)if a clone trooper or another trooper is wounded,you will see people carrying him to the hospital.if the clone dies while they carry him they drop him.and when the clone is healed,he should go fight again and if he dies,no one can do anything about it.

2)there should be an ARC trooper(not like in battlefront 1)or clone commando,something elite.and those elite troopers will fight very well and defeat atleast 10-15 battle droids.they should be very strong,and they should lead some troops into battle

3)to get the game more realistic,there should be diseases or dehydration.when a clone trooper gets a disease,he is taken to the hospital and if he dies,they take him out and i dont know,maybe bury him.gunships should hold alot of troopers not just 6 or 4.atleast 20.

4)when a blaster bolt hits a ship in the engine the ship dramatically goes down and hits the ground and explodes.it shouldnt take 100 blaster bolts to take down a ship.

Dude you make little sense. I like number 3 and 4 , but no one wwants to piss around healing themselves of viruses or drinking water. They want to fight and have fun, if you die then you die, you just go straight back into battle. Too many games have waiting in them. Unless this a tense atmosphere, liek waiting for an attack then it's boring and frustrating.

In BF1 blasters did nothing to vehicles/ships, in BF2 they all do something, but not enough, so yeah, increased damage from blasters would be good. After all, they are red hot bits of laser, lol.

Yeah, but red hot lasers versus thick armour plating? Try killing a tank with a machine gun..the Iraqis sure know how stupid that tactic is!

Here's some thoughts I may have said some before, but what the heck:

1) Make the game more like BF1 class wise..I don't really like the commanders, maybe their abilities would be better integrated into the core classes. E.g. Bothan spy+sniper=excellant scout who can't exploit stealth shooting, but can at least escape! I don't like the idea of unlocking classes, a good game doesn't need artificial restrictions.

Also, I just don't like the attitude the previous Battlefront had that Jedi pwn the battlefield because, as the Canon shows, Jedi are powerful, but get pwned even worse than grunts do (a man dies a single death, a Jedi gets killed many). I think they'd be better left out and emphasis put on the grunts winning the war. The game makes me think that there was no need for a clone army costing BILLIONS if it takes one near-naked twilek chick to destroy thousands of droids on her own.

2) Elite weapons should be more like BF2142 in that they add new features but several flaws e.g. Grockets are too easily spammed in BFII, but if the elite "bazooka" was a anti-vehicle rifle, you'd be less able to hit moving targets but cause more damage if you suceeded. Or maybe if the elite machine gun was accurate, but exaggerate the poor ROF a bit more? Just balancing really. Make them a sub-selection of the "choose your class" screen, so if you're fed up, you can quickly swap in/out.

3) The levels need to be better designed for vehicles, make the CPs protected (mainly indoors or behind walls to prevent spawn camping and make it able to not only change class but to use a CP to teleport from one to another to get to a battlezone quicker would be nice. The vehicle levels are too small at the mo, or so open that infantry get creamed! Rhen Var Harbour is a perfect example if biased towards the empire as the AT-AT CAN shoot into CPs...

4) Better vehicle balance, BF1 was spot on, but no way can the new Republic Walker (the two-legger) take out an AAT! Madness!

5) Every infantry class needs to defend themselves better, it sucks having a crappy pistol that only the AI uses well, OK so a rocket guy shouldn't be the equal of a soldier, but the pistols do feel a bit "token". I keep feeling innacurate SMGs would feel better for "blasterholics".

6) Exaggerate the movement speeds of the classes in proportion to each other a little! Dark Troopers should not be able to sprint so fast and snipers and other guys with nae armour should be able to run away better, while rocket soldiers and heavy infantry should be move slower. I'm counting sprinting speed in this as well.

7) I want the classes to feel balanced, not equivalent. I LOVE the SBD in the effect that the rocket secondary weapon and shotgun alt-weapon make it the perfect all-rounder but it moves "chunkily". It'd be nice for the other sides to have something that stands out besides the elite units.

The rebels need to feel more diverse racially (as in Wookies, maybe a gungan(!) twileks and other miscs who hate the empire). The empire and Republic just don't feel like one is the precursor to the other!

8) Larger maps if they have vehicles and larger maps in general. Not "middle of nowhere" levels, but more like Battlefields than the SWAT sized fights of BF2 compared to BF1. The EU has some great places! I'd love to fight on the Sith Homeworld with cameo ghost wailing or a proper "Coruscant street level" or maye Corellia, Mon Calamari... it's hard work, but with research there are some nice opportunities out there rather than re-hashing token battles from films.

9) I think integrated land-space battles BF2142 style would work: I think a nice objective would be to ONLY LOSE if your command ship explodes, rather than losing all your CPs, but conversely, the CPs would give acess to extra vehicles (and other nasties, AA guns anyone?) which could be used to pwn enemy aircraft. Also I hate the ticker dropping when you lose 50% of Cps. It means that a poor offensive team but good in defence can just camp their CPs and if they gain just one, they'll always win. GET OUT AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN!

10) Get rid of the glow-in-the-dark disco show that are powerups!

I think this would be much better if there was just a separate Medic class to do all the healing. Battles are too short to have to worry about being constantly taken to a "hospital".

This is a good idea, but killing 10-15 battle droids is hardly elite. If they do make some kind of "super AI", then he should be very slow moving and not have a great range, but have a lot of health and be able to deal a lot of damage.

No offense, but this seems completely pointless. As with being taken to "the hospital", battles are too short to have to worry about getting your "virus" healed. And why would a dead clone trooper need to be buried, especially on a battlefield?

I do agree that gunships should hold a few more people, maybe 10 or something.

I don't think regular blaster bolts from a rifle should be able to take down a ship, no matter how many times you hit it. It should take rockets or some kind of turret.

Also, I just don't like the attitude the previous Battlefront had that Jedi pwn the battlefield because, as the Canon shows, Jedi are powerful, but get pwned even worse than grunts do (a man dies a single death, a Jedi gets killed many). I think they'd be better left out and emphasis put on the grunts winning the war. The game makes me think that there was no need for a clone army costing BILLIONS if it takes one near-naked twilek chick to destroy thousands of droids on her own.

Ever since the beginning, I've wanted heroes removed, so I completely agree with you here. Battelfront is about the grunt experience, not playing as some crazy powerful battlefield dominator. Heroes have really taken the focus off what this game is really about. If I want to play as a Jedi, then I'll play Jedi Knight (which has much better Jedi gameplay anyway), not Battlefront.

If I want to play as a Jedi, then I'll play Jedi Knight (which has much better Jedi gameplay anyway), not Battlefront.

Here I have to differ, though in all your other points I am in concurrence. Jedi Knight has more combat features and all, yes, but I personally couldn't stand how cheesy both the story and the actual fighting seemed.

The lightsaber combat in BFII, even though it isn't very varied, seemed more "realistic," if that can apply here at all, and cooler.

Just my two cents.

Apologies for the mildly off-topic post.

yeah, i agree with davinq. One thing I hate is the sniper class. I sniper is for long distance killing with acurate shots. In BF2 people use snipers for close combat online. They get away with it because of the rate of fire and power of each shot from the rifle. It's just stupid. They should lower the rate of fire, or decrease the power of snipers at close range.

Yeah, but red hot lasers versus thick armour plating? Try killing a tank with a machine gun..the Iraqis sure know how stupid that tactic is!

Here's some thoughts I may have said some before, but what the heck:

1) Make the game more like BF1 class wise..I don't really like the commanders, maybe their abilities would be better integrated into the core classes. E.g. Bothan spy+sniper=excellant scout who can't exploit stealth shooting, but can at least escape! I don't like the idea of unlocking classes, a good game doesn't need artificial restrictions.

2) Elite weapons should be more like BF2142 in that they add new features but several flaws e.g. Grockets are too easily spammed in BFII, but if the elite "bazooka" was a anti-vehicle rifle, you'd be less able to hit moving targets but cause more damage if you suceeded. Or maybe if the elite machine gun was accurate, but exaggerate the poor ROF a bit more? Just balancing really. Make them a sub-selection of the "choose your class" screen, so if you're fed up, you can quickly swap in/out.

3) The levels need to be better designed for vehicles, make the CPs protected (mainly indoors or behind walls to prevent spawn camping and make it able to not only change class but to use a CP to teleport from one to another to get to a battlezone quicker would be nice. The vehicle levels are too small at the mo, or so open that infantry get creamed! Rhen Var Harbour is a perfect example if biased towards the empire as the AT-AT CAN shoot into CPs...

4) Better vehicle balance, BF1 was spot on, but no way can the new Republic Walker (the two-legger) take out an AAT! Madness!

5) Every infantry class needs to defend themselves better, it sucks having a crappy pistol that only the AI uses well, OK so a rocket guy shouldn't be the equal of a soldier, but the pistols do feel a bit "token". I keep feeling innacurate SMGs would feel better for "blasterholics".

6) Exaggerate the movement speeds of the classes in proportion to each other a little! Dark Troopers should not be able to sprint so fast and snipers and other guys with nae armour should be able to run away better, while rocket soldiers and heavy infantry should be move slower. I'm counting sprinting speed in this as well.

7) I want the classes to feel balanced, not equivalent. I LOVE the SBD in the effect that the rocket secondary weapon and shotgun alt-weapon make it the perfect all-rounder but it moves "chunkily". It'd be nice for the other sides to have something that stands out besides the elite units.

The rebels need to feel more diverse racially (as in Wookies, maybe a gungan(!) twileks and other miscs who hate the empire). The empire and Republic just don't feel like one is the precursor to the other!

8) Larger maps if they have vehicles and larger maps in general. Not "middle of nowhere" levels, but more like Battlefields than the SWAT sized fights of BF2 compared to BF1. The EU has some great places! I'd love to fight on the Sith Homeworld with cameo ghost wailing or a proper "Coruscant street level" or maye Corellia, Mon Calamari... it's hard work, but with research there are some nice opportunities out there rather than re-hashing token battles from films.

9) I think integrated land-space battles BF2142 style would work: I think a nice objective would be to ONLY LOSE if your command ship explodes, rather than losing all your CPs, but conversely, the CPs would give acess to extra vehicles (and other nasties, AA guns anyone?) which could be used to pwn enemy aircraft. Also I hate the ticker dropping when you lose 50% of Cps. It means that a poor offensive team but good in defence can just camp their CPs and if they gain just one, they'll always win. GET OUT AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN!

10) Get rid of the glow-in-the-dark disco show that are powerups!

I agree with a lot here. Let's remember that they are SMALL red hot bits of laser! And Jedi. Oooh, Jedi. Replace them with a commaner (who's unplayeable) who goes about giving commands. That would do wondors for the game. It would force the makers to improve their AI, get rid of exessive JEDI PWNing, and maybe even make it actual war, instead of a bunch of soldiers just running all over random like. A republic walker can take on an AAT without much trouble if the walker is manned by a player, and the AAT by and AI. The vehicle Artificial Intelligence in this game needs some serious help. Pistols? You can't get rid of pistols, what the matter with you? You want a good weapon, use your rifle, the pistol is SECONDARY, that's what it's there for! It's a StarWars staple! And you could spawn as a random race after you choose you class, that would be cool. Have seperate art for each class/race, adn set up the probabilities. And powerups are not very warlike, but there fun video-game wise. Besides, the health bonuses are supposed to be bacta packs, the ammo is supposed to be ammo packs, the energy is supposed to be stimulant. Maybe make them look more like what they're supposed to be, and put them in racks instead of laying around.

The droids and people should have different healing droids, and the droids shouldn't be able to use bacta, and they SHOULDN'T DROWN OR SUFFOCATE!

Man, if you're gonna be a robot, take advantage of it! And clone troopers should slow down a little if they take large damage (but not droids). However, clones are supposed to be superioir combat tech, so make them better, more intelligent, accurate fighter and have assymetry instead of a equivalency.

Here I have to differ, though in all your other points I am in concurrence. Jedi Knight has more combat features and all, yes, but I personally couldn't stand how cheesy both the story and the actual fighting seemed.

The lightsaber combat in BFII, even though it isn't very varied, seemed more "realistic," if that can apply here at all, and cooler.

It may look more realistic, but it's also not nearly as fun. In BF II, it's just the same three moves over and over again, then you have your sprint attack and jump attack. At least in Jedi Knight, you can actually vary your moves and input a little bit of strategy. When I would play as a hero on BF II, I always feel like I'm just running around trying to get my kills up, that I don't actually have a goal or objective.

I agree that the stories on the Jedi Knight games are a little cheesy, but I think they did the combat pretty well.

and the droids shouldn't be able to use bacta, and they SHOULDN'T DROWN OR SUFFOCATE!

Ok, so maybe clones could drop repair kits instead of bacta kits? Doesn't really matter much, but I guess it would be a little more realistic.

And droids could, in a way, drown. If they stay underwater for too long, their circuits would fill up with water, and they would, in a sense, suffocate.

Watch your mouth jawathehutt don't go to me shut the f**** up abusing me

anyway.

genoises should have jedi and clone troopers.

More mace why should there be heros in space? or their ships?

you would die assult isent capturple cps first one to 180 points there jawathehutt

sorry about my writing.

Watch your mouth jawathehutt don't go to me shut the f**** up abusing me

anyway.

genoises should have jedi and clone troopers.

More mace why should there be heros in space? or their ships?

you would die assult isent capturple cps first one to 180 points there jawathehutt

sorry about my writing.

1. Read your posts so they make sense

2. Shut up, you have impersonated my friend, trashed the name of my former clan, made stupid topics, chronicly lied and flamed, I feel no need to respect anyone who so blatantly disrespects my friends and me.

3. Use a dictionary, the language of this forum is English, not 1337 with a little English.

4. You had gained some respect from me earlier, congrats, you just lost it all.

Back on topic

5. If you want to talk, do it over PMs, I don't feel like wasting anyone else's time.

I agree with Relenzo2, there should be a drowning for all of the teams but the droids should get a longer time period until their circuits although to make up for this, they should have to have some weakness somewhere else to make up for this, perhaps they could have a reduced movement on another terrain that clones would have boosted/normal movement on.

They should make the 1st person mode better. Make it realistic, such as the visor on the Clone Trooper having cracks in it after getting wounded, obstructing vision, so you would have to return to the field hospital to get a new visor. The same should go for the imperial stormtroopers and scout troopers. You should be able to see your feet. If you can see your feet, you will see wounds appearing on them as your wounded, especially with the rebels. The droids would have sparks flying out from their legs instead of having wounds and maybe they would start to smoke and catch fire after getting extra low on health( in this case the smoke would obstruct you vision instead of the cracked visor). Your wounds would make you limp instead of run. Maybe if you down on like 2 to 5% health as the droids, you would lose a leg or an arm, causing you to have to shoot with one hand or limp on one leg. You would take the choice of getting killed by a clone or return to the MASH to get a new limb amd new health.

I also think that no dead troops should drop supplies. Supplies will be in supply droids or on shelves at the cps. Droids should have repair kits instead of having bacta. The droids should also get electrocuted after time in the water and not drown.

There should be a free roam mode where you are a soldier from the faction of your choosing your base is a space station and you can choose what map to go to and you can go there and do what you want there, such as fight an instant action battle, do odd jobs and challenges or simply drive around shooting and destroying at liesure.

They should make the 1st person mode better. Make it realistic, such as the visor on the Clone Trooper having cracks in it after getting wounded, obstructing vision, so you would have to return to the field hospital to get a new visor. The same should go for the imperial stormtroopers and scout troopers. You should be able to see your feet. If you can see your feet, you will see wounds appearing on them as your wounded, especially with the rebels. The droids would have sparks flying out from their legs instead of having wounds and maybe they would start to smoke and catch fire after getting extra low on health( in this case the smoke would obstruct you vision instead of the cracked visor). Your wounds would make you limp instead of run. Maybe if you down on like 2 to 5% health as the droids, you would lose a leg or an arm, causing you to have to shoot with one hand or limp on one leg. You would take the choice of getting killed by a clone or return to the MASH to get a new limb amd new health.

That gives people who use 3rd person a thousand times advantage.

There should be a free roam mode where you are a soldier from the faction of your choosing your base is a space station and you can choose what map to go to and you can go there and do what you want there, such as fight an instant action battle, do odd jobs and challenges or simply drive around shooting and destroying at liesure.

That sounds like a lot to program for just an interactive menu, althogh it would be cool, as long as you could use a normal one also.

Archived