Home

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Ali1392

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay... anyone want a cookiee?

Actually, it would be a good idea if engineer class can actually BUILD stuff. Like, build a small heavy weapon anywhere on the field or something like that. Obviously they will not be as powerful as those on the build pads, but still good.

Along those lines, I think they should do an idea they had from back when BF1 was being made which was like a droid class. They were only going to have a pistol but would be able to make things like recon droids, auto turrets and weak temporary health, ammo and vehicle droids.

I really hope that when someone dies, there bodies should stay there and not dissapear unless they're a Jedi. And when you kill heroes, they should die like a regular soldier, no kneeling. And destructable environments and buildings. I know these are just the little things, but they would make the game more realistic.

yeah that sounds great, although having destructible environments often take alot of programming, especially if it's somehting liek the geo mod from red faction. The problem with bodies not dissapering is they take up alot of RAM and well if you go pone in a clump of dead people you'll be impossible to spot.

Maybe they could make lower class Jedi as another class: They can attack with their saber block and sprint, but no special force stuff and also lower health.

I was thinking of something kind of like that for heroes but I was thinking, they should make heros be like officers like Commander Cody or Thrawn or have the option to be just a generic sith/jedi. The hero would have the health of heroes in assault and would have sprint, jump and a light saber. No force powers, just swing and block. There would also be AI heroes like BF1 who had lots of health and were hard to kill.

Whoa, lots of pages have sprung up since I last posted

Here's an idea...

Not shure if I said this already...wth

Wingman commands for in space, works with AI. Tell your wingmen to disperse and engage their own targets, attack your target, regroup into formation and retreat back to the hangar.

I know people have already talked about melee attacks and vibro-blades, vibro-axes, vibro-swords, vibro-shivs, and vibro-everything but what about having the option to attatch the knife to your gun as a bayonet?

I think I said this already but the officer class could carry binoculars to spot enemy vehicles and then call in an air strike. The imperial officer needs a new skin as well, that suit is ugly. It needs a REAL officer suit.

Hee hee you bet they are ugly, that's why they were made Imp officers. This basically falls under my commands idea, but then it was deemed too "Republic Commando" You're not playing the guy who gives the orders. But you should be able to give commands in space just like you can in land.

Yes Star Wars need vibro-bayonets.

To tyrone333, your post is kinda messy and makes no sense.

I think they're called macrobinoculars, not just binoculars.

The color should change for each map. Black like Darth Maul's for all urban maps and white like Luke's for the snowy places.

You could have three types of strikes to call in, strafing run where a fighter class starship pummels the target with laser blasts. Then a bombing run, where several proton bombs are dropped on the target. Finally an orbital strike with one huge blast.

the grenades should be more varied. What about incendiary and smoke grenades.

Only works in a game where the average lifespan isn't 15 seconds though. You'd have to slow down the pace and expand area sizes to make them worthwhile. Also, would incindary grenades fit with Star Wars against droids? Actually, they're a horrible weapon that sets "meatbags" on fire! Let the CIS have them.

Even Hoth and Geonosis have trouble being good open arenas in this game... I agree. Maybe a Geonosis: Colloseum level woudl work. And their called Electrobinoculars, mostly. And believe me, they WORK with this game, especially if we have commander hero's which is starting to sound better to me. You know, maybe the commands system should be scrapped, and there are commander running around on teh battlefeild that tell YOU what to do. It would do so much for the game.

Geonosis Colleseum would make a bad deathmatch level. It's too cramped and rocket guys would win in seconds. (Reminds me of UT99 rocket arena).

I kinda like having orders rather than taking them, as no AI is even 50% as smart as a human.

Geonosis Colleseum would make a bad deathmatch level. It's too cramped and rocket guys would win in seconds. (Reminds me of UT99 rocket arena).

I kinda like having orders rather than taking them, as no AI is even 50% as smart as a human.

Actualy, the PC conversion pack has a well done arena and it works great, theres enough enemies so rockets don't own and both sides have equal chances of winning.

Archived