Home

KOTOR III CONFIRMED!

its a fake, besides lucas arts will go with obsidian most likely as they can push them around, where as bioware wont allow themselves to be pushed around eg release dates
I don't necessarily think that's the case. When KotOR was being created LucasArts had no idea it would be such a hit, therefor they obviously had no reason to push Bioware to put out a product so quickly. However when KotOR2 was in production LucasArts knew it would sell well, and thus they wanted it out as quickly as possible. I sincerely doubt it had anything to do with Obsidian being pushovers.

Besides, LucasArts did not choose Obsidian to do KotOR2 for any other reason than that Bioware didn't want to do it, and Bioware handed it to Obsidian. You can actually hear Feargus Urquhart (President of Obsidian Entertainment) admit this in an interview about NWN2.

That rumor is old. I actually just recently read that page, during a Google search for KotOR III news.

Bioware isn't doing KotOR III. They won't be doing it for the same reason they didn't do KotOR II. So if you have an unconfirmed fan-based report saying Bioware is in the process of developing the third installment, it shouldn't be taken seriously.

It would be swell if a moderator could edit the title of this thread to prevent further heart failures. :wornout:

I don't necessarily think that's the case. When KotOR was being created LucasArts had no idea it would be such a hit, therefor they obviously had no reason to push Bioware to put out a product so quickly. However when KotOR2 was in production LucasArts knew it would sell well, and thus they wanted it out as quickly as possible. I sincerely doubt it had anything to do with Obsidian being pushovers.

Besides, LucasArts did not choose Obsidian to do KotOR2 for any other reason than that Bioware didn't want to do it, and Bioware handed it to Obsidian. You can actually hear Feargus Urquhart (President of Obsidian Entertainment) admit this in an interview about NWN2.

Sadly this is true, I dont know why Bioware did not want to do Kotor II, after all Kotor I is one of Bioware's best games (and I played a lot of Bioware RPGs).

While Kotor II wasn't bad at all (except for the story) there wasn't anything surprisingly new in it either, Obsidian basically improved Bioware's ideas.

@ topic:

Not funny. For a moment I thought I was in heaven, after reading the topic titel. Damn you!

Well if memory serves most of the Obsidian guys worked for/with Bioware at some point or another, which is probably one of the reasons they were handed KotOR2 in the first place. And big business says if you've got a winner, don't mess with a good thing, so should KotORIII actually get made, I wouldn't expect anything amazingly new in it either.

Sadly this is true, I don't know why Bioware did not want to do Kotor II, after all Kotor I is one of Bioware's best games (and I played a lot of Bioware RPGs).

While Kotor II wasn't bad at all (except for the story) there wasn't anything surprisingly new in it either, Obsidian basically improved Bioware's ideas.

@ topic:

Not funny. For a moment I thought I was in heaven, after reading the topic title. Damn you!

The reason why Bioware did not do Kotor II and will not do Kotor III is because they want to do only their own IP (Intellectual Properties).

I guess this goes to show the power of rumors as this one is just like a cockroach. You can kill one but they keep coming back. :fire2:

Please reference this previous post that references previous posts referencing other posts that debunk this foul rumor.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1940804&postcount=55

Nominating this thread for lockdown, puh-leeeze!

Archived