Home

Champions of the Past

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ah, they're here," Casion observed. "Shall we welcome them?"

"Indeed," Alaina agreed. They approached Sillmar and Ilius and Casion spoke.

"Sillmar," he said. "Ilius. It's been a long time since we last saw one another. Ilius, you remember my daughter, Alaina?"

"I realize my outfit isn't quite up to the standards of what a princess ought to wear," Alaina said, "Then again... things are changing a little."

"A lot," Casion chuckled. "Sillmar, I realize you are more familiar with my wife, the Rogue, but I do believe we've met once or twice. May I introduce you to my daughter, the Princess Alaina Mariana."

Alaina glanced over at Sillmar. "A pleasure to meet you," she said pleasantly. Then, her attention returned to Ilius. "My goodness, I haven't seen you in years." She chuckled softly. "I believe when we first met, I called you a 'dragon thing'. I mention this because that's exactly what our servant called you when he came to announce your arrival!" Her blue-gray eyes sparkled with amusement.

The elven lord stood by and observed until his Marshal and children came from the garden. The Marshal looked at the new arrivals and spoke to his Lord in a distant elven tongue from far away in the South-Eastern great forests. Those forests were indeed so far that even the Lord of the woodlands had not much influence on the realm because of the archaic ways of those elves. That is also why many of the high-ranking elves know this language, for the archaic tongue is rarely known amongst other 'civilized' people. The Lord nodded and spoke back in the same tongue before the marshal and his children left.

"The others are leaving for my homeland. I must go prepare. I shall see you by the north gate in exactly two hours. Remember that you are only one rogue and we can find another if it is needed to do so. Bring your friends if it suits you better" Elian said and bowed to the royalty before leaving from the castle. Once he had gotten out, his horse was already waiting for him there. He mounted and left for his room in the tavern.

------

The four with the dragon knight and dragon slayer waited until nobody was around before nodding to each others.

"We are here to recruit you two. Evil has befallen on this world once again and you are needed. If you do not fight for freedom, it should be noted that unimaginable treasures will be claimed, legewnds will be made of you and personal experience will be gotten, for creatures from your nightmares are many much less than those you will meet on the travel if you join in. We leave in two hours from the Northern Gate. The rest of this group shall await you there and you can leave at any time" the leader of the group said and pointed north before leaving.

------

When eventually people would start arriving, there were at least a hundred strong elven men who were pretty muched armed to their teeth and clad in golden and silver armors. Two banners were present; the banner of the Lord of all Woodlands and the banner of the Rangers of

Cimeriana, a forest realm inside the human King's realm where ents dwell side-by-side with elven folk. Under both flags marched a number of fifty men, arranged on both sides of the road leading north, even if they would depart after a day of travel for the woodlands of the North and taking a different route to the destination but with much more sleep than the heroes. Two heralds stood at the front, right by the gate like waiting for their Lord. Nobody moved and many of the guards even from the Southern side had visited the Northern side to marvel the straight lines and the finely made pikes of the woodland elves. The group would not leave without their Lord and he would indeed come right on time when the time was to come

Raikin stared after the men until they left.

"Well, I got most of my stuff here with me. The rest of it is with Aiden. Me and her are ready to go if you are." The dragon slayer said to the dragon knight.

Raikin gave his familiar sharp whistle, along with the all too familiar beating hooves that accompanied the sound. Aiden galloped along then slowed to a trot to settle up beside Raikin.

"Good girl," Raikin said to Aiden, stroking the beast's mane.

"Ilius, Sillmar," Alaina said, "would you care to join me? I don't expect it to be an easy period of time... after all, we are to be combating evil as my father and his friends once did. But still, if you are willing to accompany those of us who gather, I would not be disappointed to have you."

Ilius and Sillmar got up from the bench when they approached, bowing to all who were present at the moment. Ilius chuckled at the mention of the title 'dragon thing'.

Sillmar bowed his head in response to Alaina's hello, and then something stapped in his mind, a reverbial conjolation of thoughts, and words, none making sense flooded his mind.

"Oh, Alaina, that is the name I have so long mistaken, oh how my eyes fill with tears at looking upon you!" he said tears welling up in his eyes. "Oh to think of what my late master Sophia would haved looked like too. Oh, you are truely beautiful, no matter what clothes you wear, I will always see you with a gladdened heart!" he said this sobbing a little to keep the tears in.

Alaina Mariana...Alaina Mariana....out of all these thoughts this word broke through the most. It echoed, and reverberated off the walls of his conciousness. But instead of growing fainter, the echoe grew louder, and louder, until all his mind was filled with dozens of voices repeating, and announcing her name, louder and louder!

"Oh, how I have longed to go on more adventures with you, whether imaginary, or real. My body will be as a shield for you, when your strength is seeped, and your legs fail you, I shall be the one to stay any fell hand that may wish to strike you down. And until I fall from death, or fatigue in my protection from those that might harm you...I shall not stay my cunning vigil...I bind this in oath to you...Princess Alaina Mariana!" He spoke these words, with his huge clawed hand on her shoulder, and many dark tears running down his knarled face.

The whole time this was happening Sillmar's head was still bowed, the voices inside screaming. His head was spinning, he lifted his hands to stop up his ears, but halfway up they went limp, and fell at his sides. He spoak in a barely audible voice, "I...MUST...AID....her......" At this he slumped to his knees, looked up into Alaina's eyes, and with an oath spoken in the deep of his mind to her, that could be seen in his eyes, he fell forward, and passed into the torrent of his screaming mind, in a world of unconcious confusion!

Eric nodded, and let his amulet fall free from his cloak for a minute. It shone brilliantly in the sunlight, before he quickly concealed it. Moments later, Adire was seen marching into the town, stopping right next to Eric. Eric nodded to the Dragon Slayer, and without another word, nor care of the thoughts of the townspeople, headed to the Northern Gate.

Alaina was startled Sillmar's sudden and unexpected collapse. But almost as instantly as the look of shock crossed her face, it was replaced with concern. "Sillmar," she whispered, kneeling beside him. She shook his shoulder lightly. "Sillmar, are you alright?"

A look of almost panic surfaced and she glanced over to Ilius. "What happened to him? Is he alright?" Looking down again to Sillmar, she shook him again. "Get up!" she urged, afraid he might not.

With the Slayer's horse and Sir Eric's dragon, it did not take long for them to come to an arrival at the Northern gate. Eric kept his cloak on but uncovered, and thus it tossled behind him in the wind as he rode Adire. He turned to the Dragon Slayer, "Well, this should be interesting," he commented.

Ilius was in shock as well, and he knelt by his fallen friend. "We must take him to a healer!" exclaimed Ilius. But unknown to either, the last of Sillmar's memory was coming together, until he felt a strange feeling in his shoulder, and far off voices of his friend, and the princess. He heard them get closer in his mind, and what was left of his lost memory stopped coming back suddenly, and he felt himself rushing out of uncociousness, as if being swept off by the tide. After 15 grueling minutes of pleading with Sillmar to wake up, Ilius, was glad to see him coming out of it. Sillmar stirred, and then suddenly, and unexpectedly, he awoke in one sudden moment. Waking up Sillmar grabbed Alaina's wrist like a cold vice, and with his other hand he lifted it in an ancient gesture, meaning 'be warned', but few, to none knew of this gesture anymore. His eyes were wide open, and his pupils dialated to their fullest, with a strange glaze over them, his stare was cold, and was one of no conciousness.

Xandrin arrived at the Northern Gate, there he saw a small army of elves. An impressive site, but not a welcome one.

"Great, elves." Xandrin said then spat. He walked near the army and just stood, there, not wanting to be affiliated with them, but close enough to show he was there as a new recruit to whatever it was he was being recruited for.

"I can't believe we're lost again!" Shadow said to himself frustrated. They had gotten lost again. Shadow had only been to the city once before, so he didn't exactly know his way around. And nobody seemed to want to answer his simple request for directions.

Shadow saw the front door of the castle and asked his companion grinning "Should we ask the people at the castle for directions?"

Raptor gave Shadow a look that said: You've got to be kidding me.

"I'm glad you agree." Shadow said smiling and they walked over to the door. Shadow knocked and they waited for a moment before it was answered by an already shaken looking servant. When the servant saw Raptor, his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fainted.

"What's his problem?" Shadow asked himself. Then he heard someone saying something urgently and so he went to investigate. He got there in time to see the gesture from Sillmar. It looked familiar, but he quite couldn't place his finger on what it meant. He would research it later.

He walked over and laughed at the way they were fretting their heads over him. They looked at him and he said "Don't worry. Your friend will be fine. A little memory recovery, maybe a large headache afterwards, but nothing to worry about."

Raptor chirped in agreement.

Ilius saw the man, and a flash of anger crossed his face. "You have no right or permission to be here, speak now, or prepare to feel your bowls on the outside!" He said this while balling his right hand into a fist, so he could plunge his bracer's wrist spike into the man's gut. His other hand opened to it's fullest, and he put his figures forward, so he could rend the man's neck with his claws. Sillmar still didn't move, and his face was still filled with a look of unconciousness, even though his eyes were open. His grip still holding on to Alaina's wrist like a vice, though he had put down the olden sign.

Raptor hissed at this threat, but Shadow patted him on the head to calm him down.

Then he said "Didn't you just hear me? He will be fine. Why is everyone in the capital so rude? I try to ask for directions to the Northern Gate and am avoided. I come here to ask for directions and the servant faints. Then I hear you guys panicing over your friend and tell you that he will be fine and you threaten to try to kill me. If I'm not welcomed, you could have just told me to leave. And why are you even bothering with me? You should be trying to get your friend some help since you're so worried about him. I'll just leave and find someone else more willing to give me directions." And then he turned to leave, muttering to himself "Last time I come to the capital."

Ilius calmed, and lowered his arms, "you never know what person may try to kill the king, or princess. I'm only angered that you would presume to know what is wrong with my friend, and you were not given permission to enter by either servant, or others who might announce you, so when you come waltzing in like you own the place I'm going to threaten your well being!" he said in response to the man's rude entry, and hotty comments.

"And if you want to know where the North Gate is, it's north, that's rather simple isn't it. If you reach the north wall head in either direction, following the wall until you find your alusive gate, it'll be there, you just have to have a good sense of direction." He said this with a cautious glare, while looking the man up and down.

Sillmar had closed his eyes, and started shaking his head, and mumbling in his elven peoples tongue. He used his free hand to swat at things that weren't there, and started to break out in a cold sweat, tightening his grip on Alaina's wrist.

((A few pointers for you, as both are mistakes I have made even recently, I encourage you not to do sudden relapses or characters who know everything. Even in very recent RPs I've made the mistake of such characters or plot twists. The relapses never go as you plan and the idea of them vanishes unless written fast in the RP. And know-it-alls are just rather annoying and destroy plot twists started by others. I'll let it slip this time, but keep my words in mind))

Elian had arrived rather swiftly to the tavern where he was staying and had gathered his things just as swiftly. As he stood by the window of his room, on the table infront of him he had layed his weapons. He picked his sword, making the blade tremble and sing before shushed by it's scabbard. He picked up his two daggers and sheathed them both on two crossed scabbards behind his back. Two axes he then picked up and placed them hanging on two special hooks on the sides of his belt. The lance he left on the table for now as it was not it's time to be held by him.

The Lord walked to the bed where set for him was a cape as dark as the deepest hole found in the world known to Man. It seemed that no ray of light could touch the great cape of the Lord of Woodlands which he found in the lair of the Magnificent Dragon Saragi which terrorised the island chain of Manryth on the Eastern Seas. However, that is a totally different story. So the Lord was quite ready to ride out. He attatched his jewel to his forehead and then drew on the cape and covered his head with the hood. His hand, covered by a leather glove, grasped the polearm and then the other similiarly covered hand grasped his gear and saddlebag. The cape covered his weaponry mostly as he walked out of the room and down to the stables and for the first time since his room the weaponry was shown when he started preparing his horse for the ride ahead him.

((The monk character will still be meditating for now and maybe I'll drop him out. I dont know quite yet. We'll see. You just get on with the palace-scene quickly so we can start our journey to north))

An Elf approached him, obviously hgiher in rank as his armor was variations in it the others did not.

"You there, Human, have you been recruited to go to the North with us."

"That I have."

"It will be a long trip, you will need a mount, I think we may-"

"I have one."

"Well where is it?" The elf said as he crossed his arms in a 'I'm waiting' way.

"When it is time to ride, you will see it." The elf let out a hmph then walked away. muttering

"Humans..." Xandrin watched him walk back to his army.

"Elves..." he muttered.

((....sudden relapses or characters who know everything....))

((What do you mean by relapses, I'm just curious what you mean by those?))

Ilius calmed back down to normal, he said in response, "fine, you may help, if you wish, let us hurry, I do not wish to see my friend perish of an unknown cause."

Ilius was about to lift his friend, when suddenly Sillmar opened his eyes. They were normal, and Sillmar seemed to be just waking up, though he had his eyes open for a good 5 to 10 minutes. Ilius sighed with relief, and Sillmar mumbled, but said nothing more. He noticed his tight grip on Alaina's wrist, and let go. Getting up he offered his hand in helping Alaina up, and noticed her hand was rather blue, and cold. He tryed to say something, but nothing came out, he had somehow lost his voice. All that came out was a cracky squeek, or sometimes a gurgling noice. He stopped trying to talk, and took Alaina's hand and started rubbing it, so as to get her hand warm, and blood flowing again. He looked at her with a look of apology, and smiled, and made a gesture to ask her if she was alright.

Ilius turned to the man, and asked, "so, who are you? What do you do for a living?"

Archived