Home

Champions of the Past

"Hey!" Raikin called after Eric. "Wait for me!"

He kicked Aidith's sides and she turned into a fierce gallop, arriving near the place where Eric was. "Sheesh, if you're gonna have a race, at least tell me first." Raikin said, glancing at Eric.

Raikin looked around, and, with surprise, said, "Oh, I'm sorry. Hi, how you doing? I'm Raikin, and, well, that's Aidith, and, yeah. That's about it. Who are you?" Raikin said, childish innocence in his voice.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"My name's Shadow Gravemind. I'm a wanderer along with my compainion Raptor here. That's means I mostly take up odd jobs to keep myself on the road. Raptor here hunts for both of us, so I don't have to bother myself with buying food. Just today I got recruited into some orginization that's supposed to be like the one of heroes before. I don't really know what that means, considering that I wasn't born in this country and I don't really stick around for history lessons here. They could have acted a bit sooner though. That would have saved us from having to kill quite a few of bandits, fighting off dragon slayers who thought they would be doing a service by killing Raptor, escaping from people who want to kill Raptor because they think he's a dragon, and the same people trying to kill me because they think magic is evil. I can use magic by the way."

Raptor let out what for his kind was a sigh of relief at the fact that he wouldn't have to carry anyone. Then he literally snapped at Shadow for not introducing him properly.

Shadow let out a laugh and said "I forgot. As I said earlier, this is Raptor. He has been with me since I was about ten years old. He is from a small chain of islands, the same islands I am from, past the volcanic chain near the western shore. At least, I think it was the western shore. I have practically no sense of direction by the way. I always get lost. That's how I ended up here and why I was asking for diections. Don't be alarmed if he takes a snap at you if you get close occasionally. After what we've been through in this country, he doesn't really trust anyone besides me. I promise he won't bite. And now we should be leaving if we are to meet the two hour deadline. As soon as I find north. The sun never works for me or Raptor."

"We still have more than an hour to wait for the others to arrive," Eric assured. "Trust me, telling the time comes easy for me."

Adire snorted, as if Eric had failed in the same area that Shadow had.

"Oh yeah...this is my faithful dragon, Adire. Disregard his small wings, he is still maturing, and cannot yet breathe fire, but they are soon in coming. He's a bit of a stubborn beast, but friendly, so don't worry about any danger for him..just don't expect him to listen the first time," Eric introduced. Adire grunted at some of his comments, but made little other remark to what he thought to be a poor introduction by his Knight companion. Eric merely turned and grinned at him for a moment, showing his jest, before turning back to the two men.

((http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relapse))

The dark rider rode on a brown horse towards the northern gate. When an elven chief from the army outside saw him, he blew on his horn and the elven soldiers snapped into a tight attention. As the rider came forth and stopped at the already gathered group of adventurers, he removed the hood and revealed his noble face.

"Good day to you, adventurers. I will be the leader of this group. I am Lord Elian Alesiul of the Woodland Elves and one of the original heroes of this world" he said and bowed his head in respect to the others, the jewel on his forehead changing colours as light hit it on different angles

((Peoples seem to be gettin' a tad mixed up. Shadow and Raptor were at the palace with Ilius, Sillmar, and Alaina. The others were at the North Gate of the city. Since Shadow an' Raptor introduced themselves to the group, I'll just RP as if we've all already left the palace.))

Alaina stood between Ilius and Sillmar, listening as the others introduced themselves and thinking. She'd already decided the present group could not know her as the Princess of Cair, Alaina Mariana. Only Sillmar, Ilius, and Elian and his company knew who she really was and it had to stay that way. She had to trust them with her secret, but that still left her to decide what she would say.

"I give no name," she finally said, "for though my past has shaped me to be who I am, it has no influence on my life from this point forward."

An Elf with Elian spoke up, "All beings must have names, whether they are given at birth or chosen later in life. The lady must choose a name."

"If I must be named, my name shall be Alexa," she answered. "Given our purpose for being here, it seems fitting."

((Alexa means 'defender'.))

Sir Eric stepped back and gave a deep bow. "It will be a pleasure to fight alongside you, mi'lady," he said in a chivalrous tone, having not forgotten his honor as a Knight. He stood back up straight, then drew his blade ceremoniously and lifted it before his face. "As a Dragon Knight, I swear an Oath of Loyalty to this able Fellowship, that I will never abandon the Fellowship, and you have my Honorable Word as a Knight of the Fire Dragon, I give my flame and blade to our purpose," he said boldly.

((Excuse my absence. My computer has been throught some internet connection problems))

The Lord looked at the group and nodded.

"Sir Eric, the fellowship is free for everyone in it. You are free to come and go as you please. If an oath you must take, do so, but it must be of your free will. Now mount up" he said and turned his horse for the northern road. As he rode out throught the gates, both heralds took up their pure white ivory horns and blew a clear tone. The lines of elven men turned to face north and the footsteps started to thump in perfect harmony up the road. The elven Lord rode behind the small army of elves and infront of the group. The march was fast, even to those on horseback. From both flanks, two elven riders set forth to scout ahead that the road was clear and that it was certain the guard outposts and towns know that the elves were marching north. They also were to gather information on possible bandit encampments that could attack them.

Raptor let out a few growls and clicks and Shadow said "Alright, but make sure you don't come charging right into the group when you get back. You wouldn't exaclty win a beauty contest. And you don't exactly smell like roses either."

This earned Shadow a smack on the head from Raptor's tail when Raptor turned to run out across the plain. Raptor went full speed and seemed to fly across the plain. "Show off." Shadow muttered to himself and then turned to the Elve Lord. "Can I ask where we are going and what problem we are going to be dealing with?." Shadow said.

Ilius wasn't one for horses, not that many could carry him, especially the light rider horses the wood elves used. So he abliged to trudging along on foot. He had a slew of heafty riding beasts at his estate which he could ride, but he hadn't been home for a year, and he had no way of calling on any of his trusty beasts. Ilius would just have to hoof it, till they came across any large creatures of burden, then in which he could try to brake-in, and if that didn't work, then he could ride an elf horse till it's back broke.

As for Sillmar, he was content to stay by his friend, who traveled by Shadow or Alaina most of the time. Sillmar looked at the company, wishing he could talk to some of them, but all he could do was stare at the faces and look into the distance seeing things far off that men could not.

"All that is yet to be discovered. However, for where we are currently going is the village of the Northmen to meet their King. He is making trouble with the nature of the North and is nearing the elven cities that I have there. And once the elves retreat, the humans are on the line next" he explained and looked only forwards as they rode up the dirt path. The first forests were already seen as they got on the top of a large hill between the city and the plains where the centaurs once dwelled before the rise of mankind. A group of horses were feeding below the hill near the forest but soon started to run as the stink of a wolf came to them with the light breeze coming down the great hill.

"We continue throught the plains and cross the Badlands on the North-Eastern borders of the human kingdom while the army goes straight throught my kingdom" the Lord said and stopped below the hill as the heralds continued the march with the other elves

"That's why we have an army marching the short way to the elven border with the Northmen. Also, that is why we have certain members of the humankind here that have more powerin their hands than you think" he said and turned to see the group, flashing an almost unseeable smile at the princess amongst them.

"And since you seem to despise the elven race, I will have you know that I don't myself get along with the nomadic Barbarians who seem to be drawn to be my pests. How many times have I had to fought off Uric of the Bears or Jazit of the Bisons. I have lost many fine men just because the Barbarians are thick-headed and like the thrill of battle. And your kind don't care who you fight, as long as it breathes"

The newly renamed Alexa glanced at Raikin for a moment and then decided to answer with as much truth as she could. "I've lived most of my life here in Cair Sanslanis," she said. Then, hoping to get him off the subject of her life, she asked, "And what about you? Your name was Raikin, yes?"

"Yeah. I'm a Dragon Slayer, kinda obvious with the big ass sword on my back, but, yeah. I only kill dragons that have given me visible proof that they are a threat and a menace to humankind." He said, glancing over at Eric. "I grew up mainly in Kal Umbria, but I haven't had a permanent home since. I stay with my brother when I'm near him, but that doesn't happen alot." Raikin said sadly, looking down to examine his gauntlet. ((I hope you know what I mean. He's looking at it to seem he's not sad or concerned. FYI, or whatever. :) ))

"I'm still a bit skeptical over you," Eric said, but with slightly more humor in his tone than previously, indicating he's come to be a bit more acceptant of his occupation and company. He nodded at him and said to Alexa simply, not wanting to butt in on their conversation other than these comments, "Don't mind us. We're just a set of opposing professions. He's a Dragon Slayer, I'm a Dragon Knight, but we're getting along."

Sir Eric raised an eyebrow, accepting her comment as an invitation, began to explain, "It was quite odd actually. I was helping a monk fend off some bandits, and after our introductions, we headed to the nearest town. As we went, we heard something tumbling down the nearby mountainside, and turned to see his body stumble to the ground. The monk healed him, then notifying me he was a dragon slayer. I hated slayers, so I slumped him over my dragon's back with the intention of dumping him in the town, then he woke up. We exchanged angry words but eventually came to a compromise - and here we are." he concluded, almost half unbelieving of the story himself.

Archived