Home

LucasArts announces yet another next-gen title

Char Ell

LucasArts announced today that they will be the publisher for a next-gen game to be developed by UK-based Free Radical Design.

LUCASARTS JOINS FORCES WITH FREE RADICAL DESIGN TO CREATE NEW NEXT-GENERATION ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE

LUCASARTS FURTHERS ITS COMMITMENT TO CREATING UNPRECEDENTED NEXT-GENERATION GAMEPLAY BY TEAMING WITH THE LAUDED UK-BASED DEVELOPER

SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- August 23, 2006 -- LucasArts today announced an agreement with Free Radical Design to develop a new video game for next-generation console platforms. Product and release details will be unveiled at a later date.

"Free Radical has always been about titles with great gameplay and innovative design," said Peter Hirschmann, Vice President of Product Development at LucasArts. "In the battle for videogame quality, these guys are at the front of the line. This team's pedigree is one of the best in the business."

"In recent years, LucasArts has established itself as one of the hottest publishers on the planet," said Steve Ellis, Director at Free Radical, "We're honored that they're every bit as interested to be working with us as we are to be working with them."

About Free Radical Design

Founded in 1999, Free Radical Design is one of the UK's leading independent videogame developers, responsible for three of the eight best-scoring First Person Shooters on Playstation 2. It recently achieved its first listing in the Sunday Times Microsoft Tech Track 100, being one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies. Free Radical Design is now wholly focused on next-generation development. To learn more, please visit http://www.frd.co.uk.

So we really know nothing besides the fact that LucasArts has commissioned another next-gen game.

Will it be KotOR 3?

Since Free Radical is known for making FPS games, not likely. :swear:

Yet another next-generation title with unprecedented revolutionary gameplay that we've never before seen...

Oh My Gosh!!! they are making that game too??? how many game developers are teaming up on this "next-generation title with unprecedented revolutionary gameplay that we've never seen before"

for those of you who aren't so Mav savvy... add a [/sarcasm] to my statement above

Edit2: @RedHawke, why didn't you just hyjack edit his post like you do to mine:roleyess:

To make Kotor 3, or not make Kotor 3 THAT's the question!

@ Topic:

Since these guys are experienced in shooters, I think it could be a new Jedi Knight part. That game uses a shooter engine too. If they give it some next gen graphics and all, i'm sure it'll work fine :)

PS: Could they mean 'Wii-remote using saber game' with this too?

PS: Could they mean 'Wii-remote using saber game' with this too?
Ok, I'm sure the by now, most people have seen that "famous" internet video of the fat kid jumping around like a 200 lb. mexican jumping bean on crack flailing around with the lightsaber... well just replace that fat kid with yourself and that is what you will look like should they implement a Star Wars game into the Wii remote...

Since these guys are experienced in shooters, I think it could be a new Jedi Knight part. That game uses a shooter engine too.
It's possible but it could very well be a non-SW title as well. Based off a Jim Ward interview I saw where he stated he wants LA to produce games for their own IP then I'm leaning towards this title being non-SW. But we really don't know anything about the nature of this newly announced game so this is only so much conjecture. :)

Ok, I'm sure the by now, most people have seen that "famous" internet video of the fat kid jumping around like a 200 lb. mexican jumping bean on crack flailing around with the lightsaber... well just replace that fat kid with yourself and that is what you will look like should they implement a Star Wars game into the Wii remote...
Still, you know LA is going to do a SW game that uses lightsabers on the new Nintendo console at some point, right? ;) It's inevitable. We'll just end up seeing Star Wars Boy Episode II and beyond. :lol:

Fixed again! :xp:

Not a fan of William Shakespeare I see. :xp: -RH

My guess is Emperor Devon's statement was patterned after Juliet's famous line in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet only he understood the difference between where and wherefore. I tried something similar in a thread I started in The Cantina a while back and received the following grammar lesson. :D

also @Hai-Wan... when Juliet Capulet was saying "Wherefore art thou Romeo", she was saying "why are you Romeo?", or namely, lamenting that he was from the rival family, the Montague.

thus, "wherefore" means *why* not "where"

[/end literature/grammar lesson]

mtfbwya

<link to grammar lesson administered by Astrotoy7 to "The Forum Member Formerly Known As Hai Wan"> ;)

I was playing with ED. Either way this isn't an english lit. forum so who cares? Sorry. -RH

My guess is Emperor Devon's statement was patterned after Juliet's famous line in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet only he understood the difference between where and wherefore.

That's right.

And I beith a patron of Shakespeare, RedHawke! His works bringeth many delights!

In other words, I'm a fan. :xp:

They always say next gen gameplay and stuff tho, *fingers crossed* hope its KOTOR III, iv only played the 2nd and loved it, does anyone think i should get the first one? im tempted too

YES. The first one is better than the second.

That's right.

And I beith a patron of Shakespeare, RedHawke! His works bringeth many delights!

In other words, I'm a fan. :xp:

uh oh... Shakespeare is the new l337 sp34k!!!!

honestly all this Shakespeare talk has reminded me of Glenn the Frog (if you don't know what game he's from... shame on you)

@ cutmeister - If LA does do something to include the Wii remote into a some sort of lightsaber thing, I wont buy it nor support it. Not that I'll have a Wii anyway, the only game Nintendo makes that I enjoy is Super Smash.

Don't know if I wanteth (sp?) KIII made by an FPS producer (unless it's bethesda and the game crushes oblivion), and I never really got into the "other" series (JA, JK, or whatever), so I'd like to see a new series to play in...

AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T TAKE PLACE DURING THE CLONE WARS!!!111!!11!!!1

If that happens I will ninja my way into George's house and urinate on his favorite pillow.

Archived