Home

The Nature of A Sith.

The Source

The Nature of A Sith.

This topic is an open ended topic about the nature of being Sith. I was told that my interpretation of a Sith's characteristics was unique. I am very interested in what everyone elses thoughts were.

Here is mine:

I believe Sith have constant battling cognitions, which derive from both good and evil natures. They seem to be battling the question of morality, which has been overwhelmed by clouding illusions of the world. To back up my theory, I look at Vader. Vader durring Episode VI was battling his heart, and he tried to hide his feelings in front of Luke. If the Sith were all, "I will kill the galaxy', they wouldn't show signs of pain and sufferring.

The Sith are the living personification of evil. I am lightsided only because, in the grand scheme of this, you can achieve great power by doing good. Think of it this way. Darksided rules are about containing the galaxy, wiping out all life as we know it and dominating the galaxy... Then what? Galaxy is a big palce and you can get pretty lonely having completed your galactic scale game of domination. On the other hand, Light is about helping people. Making a culture thrive and advance to levels no one has ever seen before, and then there is simply no limit to what the can achieve. So why destroy when you can create and love.

Peace.

Well, first of all I think that the fact that there are more than one ''Sith'' categories needs to be pointed out, I know of the following:

1) The Sith species;

2) The Dark Jedi of the Old Republic and their Sith Order;

3) Palpatine and his generation of Sith;

4) The New Sith Order founded and lead by Darth Krayt.

When it comes to 1) they are an alien species native to Korriban. They were enslaved by the first Dark Jedi who came there, fleeing from the Jedi Order. Some Sith became powerful Dark Force users, like Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow.

During the time of 2) and 3) the so-called ''Rule of Two'' was applied - there can be only two Sith, the master and the apprentice, one wielding power, the other craving it. This rule meant that one Master of the Sith can only have one apprentice, never more, lest they united and overthrew the master.

As of the forming of 4) the ''Rule of Two'' was abandoned and the Sith were regarded only as a whole - the Sith Order. This was done by Darth Krayt, who resurrected the Order in the first place.

Now, to get to the nature of being a Sith. I guess it depends on the category. For the 1) it was only the name of their species, they most likely had certain customs and principles by which they lived before being enslaved by Dark Jedi, but I have no knowledge of those things.

The end goal of 2) and 3) was to rule the galaxy and exterminate, or convert the Jedi in the process. Why? I think they believed that only Force-Sensitives were worthy of the right to govern a galaxy and we all know what they thought of the Jedi and their methods. I think that they believed that the Force liberated them and gave them a higher form of existence, that is why they never hesitated to use it and even enjoyed it.

As for 4), Krayt's end goal is still unknown. From what he said it appears that he wants to bring order to the galaxy and that the Sith are only a means to an end, though the members of his Order have the same end goal as the earlier Sith - to rule. But these Sith appear to be a lot more brutal when it comes to enforcing their will.

True Sith take no sh!t.

True Sith smoke, and don't care who complains.

True Sith never let morals interfere with pleasure.

True Sith can walk into a pub, intimidate the toughest guy in the place, then take his girlfriend back home and screw her brains out.

True Sith would be the best that girl's ever had.

True Sith listen to metal, not rap.

True Sith don't vote for Bush because they know there's a line between evil and stupid.

True Sith don't declare someone to be their nemesis, then end up agreeing with 90% of what they say.

True Sith don't hate God, they just ignore him because they know he doesn't care.

True Sith drink beer, not wine.

True Sith aren't vegetarians.

True Sith think vegans go well with tartar sauce.

True Sith can ride a Harley-Davidson without training wheels.

True Sith is a white man with blonde hair, blue eyes and tattoos.

Finally,

True Sith will always win in the end, even if he's the Bad Guy.

True Sith can walk into a pub, intimidate the toughest guy in the place, then take his girlfriend back home and screw her brains out.

True Sith don't declare someone to be their nemesis, then end up agreeing with 90% of what they say.

You talkin' 'bout me, Mace? :p

My definition of a true Sith is a Sith (obviously) who's devoid of all morals and ethics.

A true sith is whatever he (or she) wants to be. After all, anyone who can asphyxiate you with a thought doesn't have to take a lot of grief from the "little people."

Perhaps more to the point, the Sith are simply a manifestation of "the bad guys." After all, it's not much of a story if our hero doesn't have a difficult and life-threatening challenge (or two or three) to overcome. Even if you play the game as dark sider, you've still gotta beat the Sith. In different settings, the Sith would be known as: the fire-breathing Dragon, the Sheriff of Nottingham, Grendel... you get the point.

Effectively they are whatever the author (in conjunction with the audience or player) wants them to be for the sake of the story. Staying within the KOTOR storyline, remember HK-47s solioquy contrasting Revan and Malak in TSL: "...Malak was more like an angry club." There's more than one way to skin a canok, or to be a true Sith.

For those of you out there that may be interested, I highly recommend Joseph Campbell's The Hero with a Thousand Faces. I think it's still in print.

Smart@ss. :lol:

Never said I was a True Sith. A bad one, maybe, but not true. :D

True Sith--the bad guys that the Lightsiders get to almost lose to, but then win against in the end by the skin of their teeth. :)

True Sith take no sh!t.

True Sith listen to metal, not rap.

True Sith don't vote for Bush because they know there's a line between evil and stupid.

True Sith don't hate God, they just ignore him because they know he doesn't care.

True Sith aren't vegetarians.

True Sith think vegans go well with tartar sauce.

True Sith can ride a Harley-Davidson without training wheels.

True Sith is a white man with blonde hair, blue eyes and tattoos.

Finally,

True Sith will always win in the end, even if he's the Bad Guy.

Now this is the best True Sith definition I've ever heard! :lol::rofl:

I'd like to point out a few favourites:

:lol: Sounds like the True Sith should open a sex education academy.

I think all Americans should join the True Sith in this case. :D

hahaha some additions and revisions to Mace's list:

True Sith take shots of everclear and drink beer rather than water.

True Sith drive stick.

True Sith aim for the prairie dog instead of swerving.

True Sith drive both Suburbans and Subarus, reveling in the inherent irony.

True Sith ram Toyota Priuses.

True Sith ski.

True Sith eat Chipotle.

True Sith eat three animals for every one a vegetarian doesn't.

True Sith realize the best way to end the oil crisis is to burn it all up quicker.

True Sith drive sports cars on the weekend.

True Sith scoff at speed limits and get away with it.

True Sith don't drink. Drinking is for the weak, to drown their petty sorrows.

True Sith don't drive. Why do anything you can't force someone else to do for you?

True Sith manipulate in the shadows, rather than fighting in broad daylight. It's easier, and the Jedi are too wrapped up in their do-good-er attitude and fuzzy glow of good-ness to notice.

True Sith don't want to destroy the Republic. They want ultimate power. That means controlling everything in the universe. If the Republic has to be destroyed, then so be it. If trillions must die, so be it. All that matters is power.

True Sith don't kill indiscriminately. How dreadfully uncouth.

If a True Sith wants to kill a single person, they don't blow up the planet. They lurk in the shadows and let that person come to them, and then dispose of them quickly and quietly, with the minimum of fuss.

A True Sith never dies. And even if they did, their legend would live on forever.

The Sith don't lack morals. Their morals are the inverse of ours, however.

This is the truth of the Sith.

Archived