Home

the xPod is here!

jon_hill987

Only they called it the Zune.

And it seems to be even worse than the iPod (sorry, but I hate them and know many people who have had no end of problems with them)

Key features:

WiFi, sounds good but it can only connect to other Zune's so you can't sync to your PC wirelessly and the songs that have been shared only work for 3 plays or three days whichever comes soonest.

You need their fancy iTunes style software, and they have less songs even than iTunes (which is bad enough if you don't like pop music).

And it will not work for data storage.

link to review

You need their fancy iTunes style software, and they have less songs even than iTunes (which is bad enough if you don't like pop music).

So... software that allows you to purchase music and transfer it to a portable device?

Why must you be so negative about this?

So... software that allows you to purchase music and transfer it to a portable device?

Why must you be so negative about this?

Because I hate the stupid licensing those sites use. Also I want to be able to buy MP3s one store without having to install a different piece of software for each music store I use. I also hate iTunes because it only has pop music on it.

And it seems to be even worse than the iPod

Thats... thats a really confusing message. That could on one hand be "eh, all right, something to compete," or "Oh God, it's awful!"

From a critical standpoint, or a fan-boy standpoint?

But judging from the iPod negativity and complete awareness of having never touched or seen a Zune in person is stupid. What else do you suggest, on the level of PVPs? The Vision: M, iPod Video, and Zune are the only real choices you've got.

Because it is acknowledged critically that the iPod video is marginally better than the Vision: M and Zune, so you know hate all MP3 players?

Is there no way please you? Or can you do better and make your imaginary Uber-Pod come into existence?

:\

Because I hate the stupid licensing those sites use. Also I want to be able to buy MP3s one store without having to install a different piece of software for each music store I use. I also hate iTunes because it only has pop music on it.

Yar-har shiverery me

Being a pirate is all right to be

Do what you want, 'cause a pirate is free

You are a pirate!

~Confucius

The iPod is alright. I just don't find it's sound quality is that great. (And theres no custom EQ. I need my custom EQ) The creative players (or at least the one I have,a zen vision, which is the size of a brick but hell it fits in my pockets/bag) i find have better sound quality. More response to bass, less distortion at high volumes, and just generally better sounding.

and I dont like the fact that i feel like a need to keep an ipod from scratching (ITS ANNOYING) With the zen vision i just stick on a screen protector and chuck it around wherever. not a scratch.

Holy **** I sound like an advertisement for Creative.

THE ZUNE. HOWEVER. SOUNDS LIKE AN ENOURMOUS PIECE OF CRAP. I hear about some bull**** that songs that havent been bought from the zunes store can only be played three times and expire after 3 days. Thats ridiculous. They happen to be butt ugly too, and full of pointless crap. (The wifi and such). Its microsoft. I'm bound not to like it.

The iPod is alright. I just don't find it's sound quality is that great. (And theres no custom EQ. I need my custom EQ) The creative players (or at least the one I have,a zen vision, which is the size of a brick but hell it fits in my pockets/bag) i find have better sound quality. More response to bass, less distortion at high volumes, and just generally better sounding.

and I dont like the fact that i feel like a need to keep an ipod from scratching (ITS ANNOYING) With the zen vision i just stick on a screen protector and chuck it around wherever. not a scratch.

True, Creative is my personal choice. Also, this site...

http://www.shieldzone.com/

Since I've gotten it I haven't bothered putting the thing in a case anymore and I hardly notice it, not a single scratch. Worth every penny I spent on it. I just hate scratches.

In fact, I hate them so much that when, after 10 months, my Zen Micro finally got scratched I got pissed. :p

-

Also, my bro is looking at MP3 players, I told him to wait for the Zune to see if it was the sauce, and since it's been reported as nothing special, I'll advise him for a Vision M, though he wants a 60gb version... prick.

I currently don't have an mp3 player but I am eyeballing the Creative Zen Vision.

Zen Vision: M ftw!!!! There is crappy software, but it's not needed. Syncs with WMP and other software. (Should work, I believe, with WinAmp and QMP) You can put any music on it, no time limit, and plays wmv and avi (ver 5.5) files. You can record FM radio as well. The only real draw back is that it will lock up sometimes if you skip tracks too fast.

The wireless idea is kinda cool, just not the play/time limit. I would really like to have a player that would sync with my computer via wireless or bluetooth. But, I'm happy with my ZVM for now and maybe by the time I'm ready for a new one, they'll have what I want.

I have an MP3/OGG player, and believe it or not, it's my mobile phone. Why pay 250 bucks for something else, which can't do more? For this money I could like legally obtain like a ton of music to put on it, okay it has no 30 Gigs, but seriously, I would not use that thing for my music collection. I mean steadily carrying $250 and 10000 Songs a $2 around seems stupid to me. Plus I can simply copy stuff onto it, instead of being forced to use proprietary software shytiness which can only handle MP3 and friends. And with OGG I'd just need 10 Gigs for the same quality of music I would need 30 Gigs of MP3 for.

I also hate iTunes because it only has pop music on it.
No it doesn't, you just have to look for the good stuff!

although, I hate how a LOT of the good stuff on iTunes is album only. And that you have to pay a dollar for a song when I could just get some other music thingie and get it for free.

I read an article saying that iPod is going to team-up with Creative and make an iPod with X-Fi for the best sound ever. I'm also looking forward to the iPod HD, though they say it's coming out in like Spring and i can't wait that long.

I want to see an 80GB (or bigger) Zune. I have soo much Video and Music (~50GB).

I guess i have to suck it up and fend with my 6gb mini for now >.<

Archived