Home

Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix Teaser

Eh, I think I'll pass on this one, too. I lost my memory of Harry Potter after I read Order of Phoenix, and watched the second movie, [What name is it? I can't recall] Then I completely lost interest, but however good teaser. Enjoy yourself.

[No offense to all Harry Potter Fans]

The books are way better after The Chamber of Secrets. I'm still sore that the original Dumbledore died. Still I liked the teaser and I want to see the movie. I am surprised that they had Harry cut his hair when it's supposed to be an untidy mop. I saw a still of Umbridge that a friend sent me and all I can say is that I want to kill the kittens on those horrible plates she has.

It looks great. Thanks for sharing your find. I’ve liked them all so far, but the first two stuck much closer to the books. As the books get longer it is far harder for the film makers to stick as closely to the original material. I was a little disappointed with missing parts and charters in “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” and “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.” I never read any of the books until taking my younger cousins to the “Sorcerer’s Stone,” but soon after bought the books and read each multiple times.

Richard Harris was the perfect Albus Dumbledore. It was as if the part was written for him. The movies lost something when Richard Harris died, but Michael Gambon has done a competent job filling in. To me Harris just had the all knowing expressions required to pull off a role such as Albus Dumbledore. In the last two movies I just haven’t cared as much for the charter of Dumbledore. When I read the books I still picture Richard Harris as the wise old wizard.

• 4 months later...

Here some updated info.

Corporation and Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that select scenes of the IMAX DMR® version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be digitally converted into An IMAX 3D Experience®. IMAX Corporation plans to use its proprietary 2D to 3D conversion technology to transform approximately 20 minutes at the end of the film - which is being digitally re-mastered into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® using IMAX DMR (Digital Re-Mastering) technology - into IMAX® 3D. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be released in IMAX® theatres and conventional theatres on July 13, 2007, and Warner Bros. Pictures will be the exclusive distributor of the film to IMAX theatres worldwide.

The Link.

Also, the new Harry Potter movie site is to be updated later this week I think.

Looks awesome! I hope its better than the last one.

Yeah...THe problem with the last one was, that they were trying to shove a really long book into an above average length movie, so to many things were left out. Unless this movie is 3+ hours long, I am afraid the same might happen again. Looks cool none the less.

I'm very ambivalent about this movie, especially since I recently heard that stuff was cut from it due to length. The book was hands down the best of the series IMHO - I actually disliked Umbridge more than Voldemort. It was far above and beyond of what I could have expected in Harry Potter. But I worry that they can't do it any sort of justice on the big screen and that I'll be hugely disappointed as a consequence :(

But I worry that they can't do it any sort of justice on the big screen and that I'll be hugely disappointed as a consequence :(

That was my point exactly. The Lord of the Rings books were fairly long, but not as long as some of the Harry Potter books, namely GoF, OotP, and HBP, and those movies were three hours long with detail left out. To be honest I did not think the GoF movie was cohesive at all, and I am afraid this one will be the same if not worse if they do not make the run time 3 1/2 hours at least.

Archived