Home

Vote for your favorite LucasArts PC game! (sort of)

Char Ell

They were pretty good, but the storyline for JA felt pretty much like it was 'cash-in on the characters and locations of the OT-time!', IMO...

What are you talking about? JA didn't have a storyline! :D

But I agree with you. It was more like an expansion pack than anything else.

Now for the poll. Before I go vote on LA.com (I'm a member), I'd have to say all of them - except for Galaxies. KotOR as the #1, JO and Battlefront (and maybe RC) probably tied, etc.

seriously though, apart from bankrolling and perhaps concept design by Lucasarts, how much of the goodness that is KOTOR is down to the brilliance of BioWare....???

BioWare pwnz your souls

mtfbwya

I'll join the crowd and say, "Yup!" Bioware games have the the most replay value of any games I have ever played. Hell, I'm still playing BG2, NWN1 & KotOR!

KotOR in my case of those listed. I haven't played a whole lot of StarWars games though, essentially only the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series and KotOR (and I have some vague memory I played a game called Rebel Assault long ago).

The second game in the Dark Forces series was the best of them though. Jedi Outcast came off as a bit weak by comparison in my opinion.

(But that seems to be the overall trend with games. Less complex content-wise but more complex graphics-wise.)

Um, take a second opinion. I have a feeling Herbie was sarcastic. From what I've heard, Galaxies is not such a great game.

No im serious. It was the first time i had played an mmo. The scale completely overwhelmed me. I could purchase and decorate my own house. I made friends with a wookiee called Snochew and it was all in the Star Wars world. Truly amazing. I loved every second of it. After two years, it became a game i did'nt want to play.

On an informational note, the final results of this poll on LucasArts.com were:

Star Wars: Empire at War.................................... 15%

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic............... 42%

Star Wars Battlefront.......................................... 12%

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.................... 15%

Star Wars Republic Commando.............................. 9%

Star Wars Galaxies............................................. 7%

I know this is probably a bit anti-climatic but...

[align=center]:rddance: KotOR FTW by a landslide!!! :rddance: [/align]

I'm so proud of y'all. Great job on the voting. :thumbsup:

Now does this mean that KotOR 3 goes to the front of the line for the next game to get made, before Battlefront 3? :brow::emodanc:

Awww come on LucasArts, it wasn't even close!!! It took the next three games added together to get to the same number of votes cast for KotOR. :sign2::D

Well, of the one's listed in poll, I've only played JO and KOTOR. Have BF and RC, but haven't played either yet. Of the first two, probably KOTOR b/c I've played it more times. Only other SW game I've played as much was the 1st DF. Nothing like racking up a body count in an FPS. Force Commander was a lot like the C&C series. DF2 was also pretty decent.

Archived