Home

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Rogue Nine

they arent running way off their route and grabbing poorly thrown bombs by brady that should be picks

Manning is the most accurate arm in the NFL and probably makes the least 'bad' throws of anyone.

you would think I'm bias'd....but I hate those damn colts for ruining my season last year

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the only people that think hes the greatest QB ever are fudgepacker fans

Peyton has always had a decent offense around him, heck, that is where most of the franchises. heck Favre has over twice as many sacks as Peyton.

But, there is no point in the conversation when you resort to vulgar infantile insults. you have shown your intelligence and I really hate to dumb down things for you to understand

Not getting involved...

So... every couple of years I start to beat myself up mentally about what a socially isolated loser I am. At some point in this self abuse the opportunity to attend a social gathering presents itself, and I often succumb to the siren song of the possibility of having a good time in the company of a large group of people.

Then I go and make the mistake of actually attending... and reality hits me upside the head with a vengeance,.. and then the cruel realization of all the horrible being-out-in-public phobias, social anxieties, and just general quiet dweebishness and being the world's-worst-conversationalist strike at the same time to remind me exactly why it is that I DON'T do this sort of thing very often.

I came. I ate. I left.

Don't think I ran out a full hour on the clock before the cold-clammy sweats and the skin-crawling got to me. Maybe 40 minutes... if that.

The folks I came with wanted to bail early as well, so I sure as hell didn't argue... especially since one of the guys was offering me a ride home, so I didn't have to carry a bunch of stuff (oh, by the way: I got my Christmas shopping done today...) back on the subway.

So that was probably my last adventure in large social gatherings for the next 4 or 5 years.

Glad that's out of my system and everything can now go back to the way it was.

Food was good though...

But, there is no point in the conversation when you resort to vulgar infantile insults. you have shown your intelligence and I really hate to dumb down things for you to understand

:rolleyes:

my point still stands, the ONLY people minus a few commentators that claim hes the end all be all are packers fans.

and just to make you feel better, he's better than any QB my team has ever had, although McMahon was cooler 80's style :D

The main issue with him is, and has always been the same.

he is a HUGE LIABILITY

he is as likely to fumble or get picked as he is to make the game winning drive, and half the reason you need that 2 minute drive is because he has 2 picks and a lost fumble in the game.

Kinda like Grossman, but better in almost evey way and older.

picked a nice time to start walking/running again. walked to the post office for the mail instead of driving. realizing i need to get out and walk more, I really to get back into running.

got my laundry done, and spent about 2 hours cleaning my room...somehow managed to get a whole bag of garbage out of it.

kind of sad...next month or 2, 2 of my coworkers are quitting. one for good, the other for college. They fired the lady we all complained about for not pulling her weight. (fired her cause she kept calling off) of course since everyone is leaving, i'll be stuck to train people, cause both the other people i work with are part-time...

probably going to close by myself tonight. -_- apparently the printer part didn't come in yesterday, so that's gonna be fun. and when it does come in, we're just going to get paper jams left and right anyway...always fun when you're cashing out a customer and you hear a 'beep beep beep' or when people are at the counter and the pictures are finally coming out and it jams halfway and then having to ****ing explain to them as they're standing there and they refuse to understand, or they give the sob story of how far away they live and gas prices etc etc. of course i over-dramatize it. i just hate when people stare at me, but when i fix something and they're staring...it's worth it. lol especially fixing a paper jam. i love my job. :joy:

didn't play xbox 360 at all yesterday. Just cleaned room instead...think tonight i'll work on the kitchen. gotta wake up early tomorrow, as i switched and am 9-6. that is going to SUCK..especially if we don't get the part in til then. then it'll suck worse, especially if it snows bad and i am in by myself........i haven't opened in half a year. but that is ok.

need to clean up the place before i work 1-10 today. fun fun fun! i am getting my eyes examined soon, probably after christmas. i want new glasses as well as contacts. :) can't wait!

sure nute, all they have to do is have the coach pay $500,000, the team $250,000, and give up a first round draft pick every year and they should do just fine continuing their cheating ways

and zargon, over 684986 people disagree with you. That is 10 times the number of people that fill up the packers stadium for a single game, and voted Favre to his 9th pro bowl.. let me know when you find a QB that has 3 MVPs and 9 pro bowls then you might have a point that Favre isn't one of the greatest to play his postion

Well... 3K for this thread looks somewhat unrealistic at this point. Unless we all engage in a flurry of activity for the next couple of days, a virtual orgy of posting to the exclusion of almost everything else in our lives, that is (and considering what the next couple of days are, that seems somewhat unlikely.)

Not that it would be impossible. Hey! I'm game...

2nd Office Christmas party today. Hmmm...

I hope I somehow manage to have a better time at this one than I did the last one. It will be a much smaller crowd (about 15 - 20, as opposed to the several hundreds at the last one...) and these are the people I work with each and every day, so I won't be milling amongst dozens and dozens of near total strangers.

I really hope this will be a better time. I just don't want to have to admit to myself that I suck that much at socialization.

Last night was my last concert shift for about a month. Huh. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

5,582 posts.

Yeah... we can top that! Just the 6 to 8 or so of us left... without being a silly, spammy forum game. WE WILL TOP THAT! NEXT YEAR WE WILL BE #1!!! YES!!!

:dozey:

Ok... so we'll probably never beat that. It would be a worthy goal to shoot for, though.

sure nute, all they have to do is have the coach pay $500,000, the team $250,000, and give up a first round draft pick every year and they should do just fine continuing their cheating ways

and zargon, over 684986 people disagree with you. That is 10 times the number of people that fill up the packers stadium for a single game, and voted Favre to his 9th pro bowl.. let me know when you find a QB that has 3 MVPs and 9 pro bowls then you might have a point that Favre isn't one of the greatest to play his postion

less than a million people? impressive......not really. He is having an Pro Bowl year, never said he wasn't.

the steelers cheat? or did nute switch to the pats?

Party was a bit better for me today. I actually had a good time, I'm somewhat surprised to say. The table was kinda divided into 2 groups, and our end was the smaller, so I didn't feel overwhelmed. Had some good conversations.

Didn't eat much, though... the whole thing took place about 3 hours too early for me to have much of an appetite. Oh well...

The gift I got from the swap was interesting, and kinda cool, I guess: a Swiss-Made thermos-y aluminum personal beverage bottle.

Will come in handy when I start walking again. For now I'll use it as my water-bottle at work.

Weather sucked again today. We were supposed to get a dusting to an inch here... but when I got back to my car after work, that "dusting" was at least 6-inches deep. Some dusting. :rolleyes:

I'll have to get up super early to get out and clean up, as I don't think it's actually even stopped here yet. And I can't take the day off and forget about it all: I have to help set up the new PA system in one of the other rooms so that it can be ready for the first show on New Years Eve. Tomorrow's the only day we can do it.

Oh well... eat and sleep, for 5 am rolls around awfully soon.

Night, boys!

just found out that my work is going to be having a real christmas party, next weekend

They are getting a private room at the #1 area steak house, all paid... including drinks

Too bad I don't have a plus one to take to it. Oh and there is no opportunity to get lucky. All the girls are married, or old, and the one that is single is allready dating (and has slept with) another co-worker

Archived