Home

What do you think George Lucas/LA/ Do for the 30th Anniversary?

HK-42

Oh, I'm sure Lucas will come up with at least several new and exciting ways to screw his fans over

bah! sourpuss!

I dont have one bad thing to say about GL. Sure, he's crazy rich - but he has put alot of money back into the industry, with THX audio, Pixar, ILM, LA etc.

He could've just bought a house in the Carribean and smoked cigars all day, but he didnt. He financed ESB with mostly his own money, something unprecedented for such an expensive movie back then. He has since done that with all the SW films :)

All those packaging and re-packaging things are mostly marketing decisions. I cant find any source that says GL is behind them *all*, except the decision to do the OT SEs and re-release the "original" original trilogy on DVD for all you whiners :p

GL has made an unequalled contribution to modern film making processes, he's put his money where his mouth is... my question to anyone who knocks GL whiners are "WTF Have You Done?" , how many technological advances to film making have you financed, how many leading edge effects houses do you run...... and no, putting lightsabers into photos of The Pope/Saddam using photoshop doesnt count :( It's so easy to get on a forum anywhere and whine and moan, so much harder to innovate and affect change in a massive industry with a financial>creative bias (esp. in Hollywood).

For those that dont like the movies, games etc or the man, dont watch em, buy em, play em :) !!easy!!

As for 2008...there may be a saga box set indeed :) Not really sure if there'll be extra bits in it.... :( There is of course CW3/CGI.

Too bad the Live action series wont be til next year...would've been nice, commencing the telling of the story of the Rebellion for the 30th anniversary :)

mtfbwya

I am of the minority that think TSL is much better than KotOR.

BioWare will not make KotOR III and quite frankly, I can’t say I’ll lose any sleep over it, not because I think BioWare and KotOR suck, but because I think Obsidian rules and is more superior.

Agreed. I am another person who prefers TSL to it's predecessor and BioWare aren't the greatest company ever. If there is any game I hope remade, it's the original Jedi Knight. Great Dark Jedi (Jerec), great storyline and good old Kyle Katarn.

My best guess would be some Ep 4-based game for the next-gen consoles.
From the Next-Generation interview with LucasArts VP Nancy MacIntyre I got the impression that LucasArts isn't making any more Star Wars games based on the movies, at least for 2007.

So the future of Str Wars includes new and old game-based IP as well as IP based on other spin-offs. Star Wars 07 will be a new brand, but MacIntyre says there will be no ‘core’ Star Wars branded games. This game will sit alongside KOTOR and Battle Front.

BioWare will not make KotOR III and quite frankly, I can’t say I’ll lose any sleep over it, not because I think BioWare and KotOR suck, but because I think Obsidian rules and is more superior.

Concur. There is only so much you can do with the same old boring "evil Sith threat with stupid laugh". I like Darth Malak the first time, but do we really need to see it over...and over? Obsidian rules for going against the trend and creating a story that questions and makes you think. And their cut content, when restored, makes the game so much better. I only hope Obisidan can do the same with K3, but I trust them.

Agreed. I am another person who prefers TSL to it's predecessor and BioWare aren't the greatest company ever. If there is any game I hope remade, it's the original Jedi Knight. Great Dark Jedi (Jerec), great storyline and good old Kyle Katarn.

I'm also one of those that likes K2 better. Much better story, and ya gotta love Atton. :)

Yes, Dark Forces II must be remade. That was a great game, it's just too bad I lost my disc a few years back. :cry8: They should make another Best of PC, but with remakes of old games like the two Dark Forces games, and the X-Wing and Tie-Fighter series

I think Obsidian are perfectly capable of making KOTORIII, and making it well. Bioware had a lot more to do the first time around though so I wont say Obsidian are superior.

Meh... I might buy a trilogy re-release if they promise they got the lightsaber colours right.

HD Boxset maybe? (or are they already out? *no idea*)

I can dream of the TSL director's cut too :)

GL has made an unequalled contribution to modern film making processes, he's put his money where his mouth is... my question to anyone who knocks GL whiners are "WTF Have You Done?" , how many technological advances to film making have you financed, how many leading edge effects houses do you run...... and no, putting lightsabers into photos of The Pope/Saddam using photoshop doesnt count

To play the devil's advocate here...

Many people bash George Lucas not for his accomplishments, but for his shortcomings. And his shortcoming was that for all the special effects that occur...what's the point? You see that people bash Lucas not for his orginal work, but for what happens next.

Is Greedo shooting first a techincal advancement?

Is the creation of the Ewoks, nah, even Jar-Jar Blinks, a techincal advancement? I'm sure the movie indursty has been revolutionized by the fax British accents, and of the inclusion of comedic dialouge to further the point of Star Wars and present meaningful insights into the Gungan culture.

If George Lucas was very responsible to his work, he would cash out (and I think he said that he always wanted to, but decided to use SW to gain the money needed to make "serious projects"). I think it would be great if he decided, after ROTJ, not to make any more Star Wars stuff. It is a space-opera, and to keep it true to his vision, there is no point to make any more merchindse, no point to continue the saga. The DS is destroyed, Palpatine is dead, and the Republic is restored. His work is complete, his effects has occured, and he will be honored...HAD he decided not to continue.

But he ruined his own repuation by continuning to produce work, even when Star Wars is past the prime. If it continues, sooner or later, Star Wars will jump the shark. There will always be buyers to this, me included, but the rest of the world will not care about Star Wars expect for a legacy now dead.

Would Star Wars be better had the NT not come out? Maybe. Would Star Wars be better had the YV not appeared? Maybe. Lucas had a great ending, so why in the world do you continue a story, after it is all done and said?

Again, devil's advocate. I just want to represent opponents of Lucas. I have no comment or belief for or against what I said above.

Archived