What do you want to be?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to be?

• Non Jedi to start
    • Jedi to start
    • Be a youngling padwan & then grow up
    • Sith to start
    • Non force user

hmmm, how about Vrook and Atris' love child ;) 'There is no passion there is serenity'... 'You said it Master Vrook'.

GAH!!!! [rolls sanity check...]

What a horrible, horrible idea... you nasty, nasty person! ;)

More seriously someone from one of the Outer Rim worlds, possibly Taris... Failed Padawa uder Vrook et al. Or maybe a Sith student?

Hmm... I don't know about Taris... That seems to tie in with the new KotOR comic book more than is good somehow.

Let me play as Yuthura Ban, she was an extremely intriguing character, had a great back story, commanding sultry presence, and even though she was on the road to lightside recovery I somehow think she may take a few detours along the way. Besides I look good in lavender and I've always wanted pain free tattoos.

I think Yuthura is unlikely because her fate is so uncertain in KotOR1. Even if you don't kill her and instead redeem her, she's just as likely to have been killed on Dantooine when Malak attacked. I think we're unlikely to see Atris again for similar reasons...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, now I want to be Jediphile in K3. :king1:

:lol:

Sorry, I got dips on that... :D

Besides, I'm not sure you'd like the option - clearly you don't know me well enough... ;)

But a woman who can escape off Korriban during a Sith Academy uprising surely has the wherewithal to get outta Dodge/Dantooine. Besides if a mean spirited bugger like Vrook can survive....

Yeah, I kind of like Yuthura too. Took me long enough to even realise you could redeem her, though. Still, the problem isn't that she couldn't have survived Dantooine. As you say, we can assume pretty much whatever we want about that, since everybody seems to have survived it - certainly Vandar survived it long enough to be killed either by Revan's betrayal at the end of KotOR or by Nihilus on Katarr in TSL along with Dorak, and clearly Vrook made it also.

But as Revan you had the very real option of killing Yuthura in KotOR, and you actually had to go out of your way to prevent that from happening. That being the case, Yuthura's fate is precarious at best, and nothing annoys people more than seeing a character you killed in the last game turn up again. So the fate of Yuthura is probably not going to be explored more in the games, I think. She would be relevant to pick up in a comic book, since Revan is LS in canon and so could be assumed to have redeemed her. Still, even if she survived Dantooine, Yuthura is likely to have been killed in Sion's and Nihilus' subsequent shadow war, I fear...

Wookieepedia also seems to favor that possibility. Not that we have to listen to Wookieepedia, but still...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuthura

GAH!!!! [rolls sanity check...]

What a horrible, horrible idea... you nasty, nasty person! ;)

Muhahahahah!!!! *does Dr. Evil finger too mouth*

In K3.... Vrook Force Ghost to PC 'Search your feelings... I am your father, you noooooo it to be true.'

Atton 'Thats a really poor line, I really hope some weird looking guy in a black suit and James Earles Voice doesnt think thats a good line and says its too his son in a couple thousand years'

Hmm... I don't know about Taris... That seems to tie in with the new KotOR comic book more than is good somehow.

Havent read them myself... I do kind of like the Idea of being a Mandalorian though, possibly a Mandalorian Padawan at a time of the Mandalorian Wars thrown out the Jedi Order due to people not knowing where your loyalties are... I'm a fan of that!

I want to start off as a Jedi class, but not become a Jedi, until after the tutorial. I assume that the Jedi (Or Sith, depending on storyline) will discover your Force Sensitivity and take you for training. Like Rogue Spy said, begin as someone who the galaxy hasn't heard of, to a hero/heroine. No growing up process though.

I think you should start out as either a lovechild between Revan and Exile. Or start out as a true sith that was attacked by Revan or exile, and shown mercy by them and that's what creates the dichotomy between your dark side past, and the possibility of becoming a true light side Jedi.

i think that u should choose ur alignment at the begining of the game and if u choose sith u begin on a sith controled planet and are being trained to use the dark side by some young hot looking girl(has 2 be realy good looking) or u choose the jedi and start on corusant in the jedi temple and are being trained by a little yoda thng (but not yoda) and starting on a populated planet give the opotunity of many quests wether its helping others on corusant or destroying them on some sith planet MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and also i think u should start of at around 18yrs old that way u dont realy have a past and can still learn lots (plus ur legal age :D)

but there r 2 main things i want fromt he game and that is u can continue playing after the stroyline is finished like oblivion and u can go to most planates in the star wars galazie specialy the jedi temple on Coruscant

I think it would be nice if you start as Sith follower of Revan who abandoned the Sith Order before the end of the war for some personal reason. The PC should be one of those Dark Jedi that was one of Revan's closest allies (one who had seen Revan without his mask like the Dark Jedi in the Rakatan Temple). Then the game starts just after the Exile has left to search for Revan. This could make an interesting back story and explain why the PC gets powerful so fast, because he\she already has training.

I would want to be a Jedi, but different. Revan, Exile, Anakin/Vader, they all messed up big time, killed there own, helped, if not personally laid waste to the galaxy, but were redeemed.

What if you were the guy who did the right thing, didn't go to war, completed your training, but nobody cared, You watched the Jedi destroy themselves.

You grow bitter with the way you were overlooked, how your selfless acts went unnoticed, how Revan's arrogance went unchecked. you decide to leave the order.

you manage to avoid the subsequent Nihilus-Sion-Traya take over bid.

INTRO

While gathering supplies(having conversations to fill in the story, determine class etc) on a random spaceport you bump into Bastila, who informs you that she and an unlikely band of wannabe Jedi are attempting to follow Revan into the unknown regions to meet this so called Sith threat.

Disillusioned, do you swallow your pride and help them, or do feign loyalty and follow them for your own means?

I would like you to be a bit younger than Revan and the exile, but old enough to of been an experienced padawan or a young Knight during the mandalorian wars.

I prefer you start as a Sith (with the story from my previous post) and find your self on some backwater planet on the edge of the galaxy with a small population, a place where no one has heard of you (and your dark past). Suddenly a fleet comes from hyper space you don't recognise it it's design it's neither Rakatan nor Republic. The invaders have destroyed the communication satellites so no help can be called. Then your main quests start. You must find a way to escape the planet before it's invaded. As the game progresses you learn that these were True Sith scouts. You find out of Revan and the Exile and decide that you must help them before it's too late and the Republic is destroyed and you can be redeemed, or to take vengeance against the true Sith for attacking you and maybe become they're master.

i dont know if this is in here but i have hade a nother idea....u start of in a training room being traind to use the force by the exile who is the oposit gender of u. the exile desided not to go after reven and instead reterned to corasant and desided to rebuild the jedi order but however it could be a mask for his/her true goal to ultimatly remake teh sith? to do this it is ither ur choice to ither be dark or light and the exile just follows ur alignment.........this all happens in the tutorial so u ahve to do it but it would be easy to choose ur alignment jsut by dialog and how u respond to the exile.

They made TSL while they were still making KotOR so I'm hoping they had something planned for the 3rd game and didn't accidentally write themselves in to a corner. If I'm playing as a first level character I want to know why he is capable of becoming as strong as Revan and Exile. If I'm playing as Revan or Exile, I don't want to have to go through a 2 hour character creation to give him powers up though level 20 and I don't want to have some lame "oh no, my force powers are gone." It made sense the first 2 times but I really don't see it happening for them again.

They made TSL while they were still making KotOR

Where do you get that from? TSL came about only after the somewhat unexpected success of KotOR. Had they know they would be doing a direct sequel, I dare say the LS and DS endings would not have been so different that they had to work hard to reconcile them in TSL.

so I'm hoping they had something planned for the 3rd game and didn't accidentally write themselves in to a corner.

Actually, there were plans for K3 before TSL came out. So I think they did have a few things planned. Playing TSL also gives me that impression. That said, some lay-offs at Lucasarts seems to have halted the plans for K3, so I guess the plans are no more, and anything could thus happen in K3. Not sure whether that's good or bad, though.

If I'm playing as a first level character I want to know why he is capable of becoming as strong as Revan and Exile. If I'm playing as Revan or Exile, I don't want to have to go through a 2 hour character creation to give him powers up though level 20 and I don't want to have some lame "oh no, my force powers are gone." It made sense the first 2 times but I really don't see it happening for them again.

Precisely why I want to play a new pc in K3. Because whatever K3 is, the progressive element is the strongest in the game. We can't lose that. But I agree that doing it again for Revan or exile is annoying.

• 3 weeks later...
I think we should start of as a youngling & then grew up & be about level 3 when the main quest starts. But i dont want you to grew up in five minutes i want to do loads of stuff as a child & we see him/her grow infront of our eyes.

i think thats a good idear but i dont want to be a yungling for to long tho

I say stick with non-jedi. Possibly like a bounty hunter who doesn't know he's hunting a jedi. And maybe the hunt is a trap by a rival hunter who tries to steal the bounty and kill the competition. And then jedi saves you and takes you under your wing and teaches you the ways of the force. Sorry I got off topic....yea, non-jedi.

A non-Jedi. One who's amazingly strong in the Force yet doesn't have any association with either side. Will become aware of it and learn to control and take full advantage of his/her power over time. Possible affiliations with either the Order or the Sith (or maybe both?) during the course of the game.

Well, if there will be any option of joining the Jedi, I really wanna get to become a full Sith as well. Being trained by true Sith masters, having genuine Sith companions in the party. Walking the corridors of a Sith monastery as a full-fledged member. The feeling that your character has been fully immersed him/herself in Sith philosophy and that others fear them because of it. Killing legions of Jedi (if they managed to recover a bit, of course). Raiding the Republic space, razing Jedi enclaves. Jedi Grand Masters for boss fights. The exact opposite of whatever you're thrown at when you're LS.

I would like the PC to be a fallen Sith, just like the Exile was a fallen Jedi. This means that you were previously a Sith from the line of Sith seen in TSL, but you left the order, just like the Exile left the Jedi Order. Now, since you had left the Sith, this means that you start out as a neutrally-aligned character who is able to gain his first Force powers in the first mission, just like the Exile. You see, this is something different: your character is actually a former Sith to start out with, just like your character in KOTOR II was a former Jedi. Like previously, you start out neutral, but having been a former Force-user, you have a natural affinity to the Force and are able to regain your powers quickly.

Archived