Home

The Epic Game

Sabretooth

No, this isn't a Greek mythology trivia thread and definitely not a discussion thread about Gears of War.

The Epic Game is where you put your poetical powers to the test. It's just like the rhyming game, only with a dash of more sense. This is how it works:

I start by making a statement and then you have to top it up with a statement of your own. But the catch is, The Statement must Rhyme. The second catch is, The Statement must be, even if in the remotest sense, connected to the last statement

Also, you cannot use the last word of a statement within five turns of it's last posting. Wat was that?

If the last word in my sentence was "round", you can type anything rhyming it, except "round". After five posts since my "round" post, it becomes legal to use the word again.

Forum rules still apply. No flaming, sexually-explicit posts and definitely no double-posting.

Edit: The stanza changes EVERY PAGE, i.e. EVERY 40 POSTS. Feel free to change the rhyme-scheme there, but the statement must remain connected to the earlier one

Whew, let's start. Here's my first statement:

A long time ago, in a land far away

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived