Home

[WIP] Recruitable Kay

Inyri

Some people have been following this mod (IE anticipating, because there's nothing posted to follow) since I released a teaser at KotORFiles. I decided to pick it back up for the summer at the behest/threats of the staff there. :p

From what I remember (I haven't worked on it since Christmas) it's almost done, and only the last bits of the plot, some recorded dialogue, and the fine-tuning need to be worked out. I work full time, so it could still be a while before it's polished, but if all goes well this is something that should ultimately get finished.

I posted up a relatively lengthy video of one of the latter parts of the mod (don't watch if you want to be surprised, although the plot's not really that exciting to begin with :p).

http://files.filefront.com/Recruitable+Kay+Footage/;7563003;/fileinfo.html

The mod is lookin great! Its a rarity having dialogue in a mod with a well synched lip movement - EXCELLENT WORK!

One question, will the character have interactions with other party members, and will the character have a story?

Overall though this is gonna be a great! :thumbsup:

Interactions with other characters is limited. The mod replaces Juhani, so some of Juhani's interactions have simply been shifted to the new character. She will, however, chime in during random dialogues along the plot, just like any other party member.

As for her having a story, so far she has a plot line that involves 13 journal entries and spans three planets. I may add a little bit more onto the end to wrap it up, as well.

I'm currently in the beta testing phase (I'll have to go through the game a couple of times at least to catch bugs). If anyone has suggestions feel free to let me know.

If you need any beta testers feel free to give me a holler. I'd love to help. The mod looks like it will be interesting to play.

It looks good. But I was wondering how you can return the holocron to Dantooine if you do it too late and dantooine would allready be destroyed.
Hmm, very good point. I hadn't thought that far. I'll come up with some kind of work-around. :)

• 5 months later...

Well guys, I haven't forgotten about this mod. In fact, it's almost ready for release. I'm shooting for some time in mid-December. All that's left really is checking out all the dialogues to make sure they work and working out the minor kinks.

The link the official trailer is below (available for download or available as streaming video). It shows the method of recruiting Kay as well as some brief samples of the kinds of interactions she can have, including the bit of the plot I showed you guys earlier as well as a sample of her presence on the Unknown Planet.

Click Me for the Trailer

This mod changes a lot of dialogues and replaces or removes all of Juhani's dialogue. You wouldn't want her back, trust me. The trade off is a complete mod with no Juhani, or half-hearted low-content mod with Juhani still available. Your choice, but I won't make the latter.

Oh yeah, that's how I'd want it too, it's just gonna be a tad strange to have Juhani disapear out of my party... If I had any modding skills at all, I'd just make her not join up full stop and leave her in the enclave, but obviously you've chosen not to

Anyway, nice mod, looks very professional! I love mods that actually have voiceovers!

Looks really interesting Inyri; terrific job on making a diverse and unique companion, I am really interested in her story and feel she will fill the gap of a developed companion which was missing with Juhani, the only element that I felt was missing from the original game.

I was curious however, are you modifying any 2das? I have a fairly modded game already and if you modified any 2das then I would have to either find the differences to successfully merge them or I just won't be able to use this at all, the likelier case. This is the same problem that prevents me from playing the Brotherhood of Shadow and it would be a shame to have that happen here as well.

Thanx

Archived