Home

Finished tattoo...

nice colors :D

But remember - it will look like a childs drawing in 30-40 years.When doing cadaver dissection in anatomy at uni many moons ago, I was 110% put off tattoos forever when I saw what they looked like on people as they got older... ugh :(

I can never commit to something I know I can *never* change. I understand tattooing in maori and indian cultures, thats different, but every cat and their dog want a little swirl or dolphin nowdays.

my body is a temple............ a pepsi max temple...(I drink a bit more of that stuff than I should)... :D

mtbwya

But remember - it will look like a childs drawing in 30-40 years.When doing cadaver dissection in anatomy at uni many moons ago, I was 110% put off tattoos forever when I saw what they looked like on people as they got older... ugh :(

I can never commit to something I know I can *never* change. I understand tattooing in maori and indian cultures, thats different, but every cat and their dog want a little swirl or dolphin nowdays.

I am a Tolkien nut. However I am not crazy enough to get a tattoo.

I have more tats though, check my sig for my other Star Wars tattoo...

I don't care what it will look like when I'll be 70, I'll be glad to be that old and I'll probably have way better things to think about than what my tattoo will look like.

I like having this unique piece of art on me, unlike most people, my skin will be unique, not some beige plain boring stuff...

Little swirls or dolphins suck as there is nothing original about them, and it has been done a zillion times before...this piece is unique and was specially designed for me, that kicks ***

Astro, do you think I'll care what my tats will look like when I'm dead?

I'm getting cremated anyways ;) (not too soon hopefully *touches wood*)

Hey, I think it looks cool on Negative Sun. I couldn't do something that size because anything but a discreet little thing somewhere would look strange on me, but I can wear styles others can't and they can wear styles I can't, and that's OK.

This reminded me of a story in Reader's Digest one time about a girl who was considering getting a rather large tattoo with a fad design. Her parents, who were college age in the 70's, wanted her to think about her decision before going ahead with something that was a fad design but was permanent. They pointed out that in 20 years she might not like it so much. That didn't hit home until they came out of their bedroom one night wearing 70's hip-hugger bell-bottoms and 100 zillion percent polyester paisley shirts complete with the superfly collar, wigs, blue eye shadow and 900 inch long fake eyelashes, the works. They asked her if she thought they looked cool. She declared they looked pretty stupid. One of the parents commented, "well, at least we can change out of these clothes." The girl changed her mind on the faddish tattoo.

Hey, I think it looks cool on Negative Sun. I couldn't do something that size because anything but a discreet little thing somewhere would look strange on me, but I can wear styles others can't and they can wear styles I can't, and that's OK.

This reminded me of a story in Reader's Digest one time about a girl who was considering getting a rather large tattoo with a fad design. Her parents, who were college age in the 70's, wanted her to think about her decision before going ahead with something that was a fad design but was permanent. They pointed out that in 20 years she might not like it so much. That didn't hit home until they came out of their bedroom one night wearing 70's hip-hugger bell-bottoms and 100 zillion percent polyester paisley shirts complete with the superfly collar, wigs, blue eye shadow and 900 inch long fake eyelashes, the works. They asked her if she thought they looked cool. She declared they looked pretty stupid. One of the parents commented, "well, at least we can change out of these clothes." The girl changed her mind on the faddish tattoo.

True, you don't decide to get a tattoo overnight or on a passing trend...I have 3 atm, and they're all of stuff I have loved most of my life and always will, they're original designs that no one else has, that's what matters.

Not bad. I know a fellow who had the Green Lantern insignia tatooed on his forearm when he left the Army and 2 tours in Iraq. What it meant to him was the power of Will over Fear.

Just out of curiosity, why those designs? The Rebel Alliance logo over the Scottish flower, and the saber clash? A Tattoo is never JUST an expression of fandom, but an expression of what it all MEANS to the fellowd carrying it on their skin.

I'm thinking of getting one myself. Not thinking of SW per se (though, it would be fitting as it was such a running gag during my college years), but something that makes a nod to my years in SF&F fandom would be appropriate. As it stands, I'm thinking a pentacle (representing Wicca) with two loaves of bread and two roses (representing "Bread and Roses" - a battle cry used by IWW).

...Astro, do you think I'll care what my tats will look like when I'm dead?

I'm getting cremated anyways ;) (not too soon hopefully *touches wood*)

huh...? I dont care about what you like like dead either :p

Im simply referring to biological processes that occur with ageing, which become accelerated past 25years of age in particular...

Just know that the earlier you get a tattoo, the more time it has to spread itself out as your skin laxity decreases(there is less elastin produced in your skin each year as you get older - this is why people get saggy!) many factors, including genetics, and diet affect the relative rate of this. (if you are like many Scots I know, your diet and alcohol intact wont exactly be conducive to youthful complexion even after you hit 35!!!)

anyway, if ya likes it - thats all that matters :D

rock on ;)

mtfbwya

That's why there's such a thing as re-touches and cover-ups Astro ;)

Just out of curiosity, why those designs? The Rebel Alliance logo over the Scottish flower, and the saber clash? A Tattoo is never JUST an expression of fandom, but an expression of what it all MEANS to the fellowd carrying it on their skin.

It's not the Scottish flower per se, because that would be the Thistle and it doesn't look anything like it, it's just a design my tattooist came up with and I loved it, it means a lot to me because it's personal and is related to SW...The Rebel logo and the flower both symbolize hope, growth and strength against all odds.

The saber clash means a lot to me because it symbolizes Good Vs Evil, and I chose Green and Red because it's the colours of Vader and Luke's sabers in Ep 6...I've been a comic book and SW geek since forever, and I've always had a strong sense of justice...The handles are the same because deep down both Luke and Vader are the same IMO...I just like the whole good guy bad guy thing, but I'm not thick, I know it's never as clear as that, SW is a good example of that, it's also about redemption and forgiveness...

[/end SW philosophy 101]

Nice. Although I had no idea what it was until HerbieZ's post.

Nice for someone to understand when they heared what i had to say.

I have always considered getting a tattoo but i need to lose weight first. Im kinda fat so my skin has the texture of plywood atm. Tattoo's are great though. You get people saying, oh i would'nt want to mark my beautiful body like that. But in the end, it's a beautiful bag of flesh that is effectively your canvas in many different ways. A symbol which will mean many things to you should be there to remind you all the time of those things in life which remain and those which will never stay the same.

Archived