109 members have voted

1. 1. Main character of KOTOR 3?

• Jedi Exile
    • Revan
    • Somebody else (explain?)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re-leveling already existing characters is no big deal, in TSL both droids and Canderous had to be re-leveled, it could be done again in K3, if that's ever made.

They still have to answer the question of what it was out in the unknown regios that Revan was so concerned about. Was it the "true Sith", was it Yuuzhan Vong, or was it something else entirely.

Well, unless Kreia was lying, the True Sith are waiting in the unknown regions. I'd be quite dissapointed if that didn't get addressed in K3. I think it is unlikely that K3 will be about the Vong, unless everything Kreia said about the "true sith" was a lie. I mean, Canderous didn't know what the Vong scout was, and he clearly mentioned that "The Sith" had put pressure on the Mandos to attack the Republic. Since Revan's Sith Empire didn't exist yet, this line is most likely referring to the true sith. Logically, since Canderous knew about the "sith," and the (presumably) Yuuzhan Vong scout completely took him by surprise, we might be able to eliminate the Vong as a candidate for being the True Sith.

I'd kinda enjoy having the Main Character in K3 being a "True Sith" apprentice of some sort, who chooses to break away from the Empire and help Revan fight against it. Just an idea.

I'm not so sure if being a former True Sith would work, at least for me anyway. I've always imagined the True Sith being of the ancient Sith species, and of course that wouldn't be the smartest path to take. Seeing a person from the thought-to-be-extinct Sith species walking around the street would be a little obvious.

Now maybe if the True Sith had, years before, gone looking for new students, they could've found this person (you) who was naturally strong in the Force (again, a good explanation for this would be needed, and I don't mean "you were a former Sith Lord/Jedi Master who's forgotten everything he learned"), and taken him in. This would somewhat explain why your character would be powerful in the Force at the beginning of the game without having to do the whole cliched "start out as a Jedi who doesn't know he's really powerful" story.

Um, I never said a former True Sith, Chief. A former Sith under Darth Nihilus is what I meant.;)

God, everyone's gone "True Sith-crazy" to the point where when someone says the word "Sith," they're like, "What? What about the True Sith?" "Um, no. I just said 'Sith.'" "Oh, okay. Damn!"

EDIT: Unless you weren't talking to me. If so, my bad.

EDIT: Unless you weren't talking to me. If so, my bad.

:lol: I was talking to John Galt when he said -

I'd kinda enjoy having the Main Character in K3 being a "True Sith" apprentice of some sort, who chooses to break away from the Empire and help Revan fight against it. Just an idea.

I guess I should've quoted him in my original post, just to make sure there was no misunderstanding. :D

I would like to play as Revan again, but I doubt it will happen.

As has been said before, a redeemed Sith would be neat but in all honesty that is exactly what Revan was. Someone who lost connection and getting it back would be Exile. All I can really think of is someone who is actually learning the Force for the first time, a smuggler or civilian maybe. Maybe someone who lost family to Revan and wants revenge.

Seeing a person from the thought-to-be-extinct Sith species walking around the street would be a little obvious.

It might be obvious on a Republic world. However, if most of the game takes place in the Unknown Regions, within the boundaries of the True Sith Empire(assuming these True Sith are indeed the Sith Species), a bunch of Humans, Wookiees, and Twi'leks walking around the street might suddenly seem a little obvious.

If the next game is indeed going to feature a war against the True Sith menace, it'd either have to have a large amount of wholesale slaughter(which would get boring and repetitive in an RPG), or a prodigious amount of sneaking about, pretending to be someone else, in order to avoid attracting attention to yourself. Of course, some Sith might eventually come to suspect something if your ENTIRE PARTY goes around masked and robed, so naturally the party would need something to prevent that situation from coming about-- like a member of the sith species to act as a figurehead leader, at least in public. Naturally that character doesn't HAVE to be the main character, but I think it'd be an interresting change to be considered a "traitor" from an "evil species."

just a thought.

As has been said before, a redeemed Sith would be neat but in all honesty that is exactly what Revan was.

Well, Revan was sort of different in that we initially did not know his true past, as he didn't know of it himself. He didn't leave the Sith on his own, but rather his mind was more or less destroyed and reconstructed from scratch.

Though I didn't actually say I desired a character who was a redeemed Sith, but rather one who simply gave it up, just as the Jedi Exile gave up her life as a Jedi. We start off knowing that we are a Sith, just as we started off knowing that we were a Jedi in KOTOR 2, and that we have since abandoned that way of life and have been living a life of neutrality. However, this is soon broken when we are forced to take up the lightsaber and learn the ways of the Force once again, for good or for ill being left to the player's desired path. Sort of just like the Exile, but coming from the opposite school of the Force.

Well I'm new here and I personally think that despite all the problems a new main character creates, I definetely agree with the idea of having a new character...I'd personally prefer the new character be a Padawan to one of the NPC's from the previous 2 games, who's now a Jedi Master. although I wouldn't mind the idea of playing as Revan, I'd like him to make a cameo appearance...as for playing as The Exile, I don't really know why but I just wouldn't like to play as him/her...Exile should make a cameo appearance as well.

Genre conventions, Prime. The first chapter of KotoR had us facing the most powerful war machine before the Imperial Fleet, the second chapter had us facing three Sith Lords that had all but destroyed the Jedi Knights, it'd be sort of anticlimactic to have us go face some cabal of Wannabe Sith huddling on some planet on the backside of nowhere.

I want to play as Revan again because I want to do all the things that are talked about in TSL. It could around the same time TSL started and go farther on. I dont want to have another ultimate charcater until we see whats happened to Revan. Or I have a knid of cool idea that I will post later.

I want to play as Revan again because I want to do all the things that are talked about in TSL. It could around the same time TSL started and go farther on. I dont want to have another ultimate charcater until we see whats happened to Revan. Or I have a knid of cool idea that I will post later.

You don't want to have an ultimate character, yet you want to play as Revan? I'm not so sure that makes sense. Unless Revan has somehow forgotten how to use his power again, he'll be more powerful than a new character.

I don't want a game set during TSL because I really want a closure this saga; I'd like to know what happen to Revan and what he was doing, but reading that in a novel or comic would suffice for me because it could be set-in-stone. However, I'd love playing the end chapter of Revan,Bastila, Carth, the Exile, and "The Lost Jedi." ( And Others- Mission, Jolee,Juhani.)

I seriously doubt the True Sith are as powerful as people make them out to be since quite frankly If they were then why didn't they attack during the time when the Republic started to fall apart after K1?

Then again it's obvious Obsidian didn't think this through since the True Sith are probably nothing more than a plot device.

Archived