Home

New Double Fine Game Revealed...

Well...I'm officially disappointed, and I'm actually mad enough that I don't want to talk about it tonight...so here you go...just read it off Gamespot.

Here...

Edit:

If this is their next game (which it's possible it's not)...then I'm going to be mad...I'm still holding out hope for a better choice though.

While I'm sure nobody's surprised it's not Psychonauts 2, I wouldn't worry too much based on the description.

Not being able to easily sum up Psychonauts in a cool-sounding way and it looking a bit quirky is unfortunately why Psychonauts was tragically ignored by a lot of the gaming community, who assumed from a quick glance it wasn't for them despite very few people who've actually played it not loving it.

I recommend waiting and seeing. I've been playing games from Tim since 1989, ranging from biker adventure game Full Throttle to the supremely slick Grim Fandango, and I've not been disappointed yet. :D

I am dissapointed and mildly excited at the same time. It's nice to finally get some sort of news on what the heck they have been working on.

Of course I would have murdered someone in front of their own mama for it to be P-nauts 2. But we all sort of new that it wasn't going to happen.

*sigh* I'm not exactly a huge fan of Jack Black or how this game sounds at the moment. But since it's Double-Fine, I might give it a shot.

*sniff*

Okay, let's see now: The story about the Jack Black game was actually a lie, and DF's current project is actually "Zak McKracken 2" for the PSP? Is that the truth, or is Schafer putting us on again? And what IS Zak McKracken, anyway?

What I'd like to know is WHY THE HELL Schafer and DF are being so secretive and duplicitous with their current project. After all, when Psychonauts was still in production DF didn't hesitate to give out sneak peeks at that game. Do the DF crew think that now that they've captured our attention with Psychonauts, they can let us dangle and lead us by the noses with every teensy bit of information (true or false) that they give out?

I'm REALLY getting annoyed with them. Come ON, DF! Hey, Schafer, if you don't quit talking out of both sides of your mouth, we may be forced to tie you up and make you watch both Baby Geniuses movies repeatedly until you give us a straight answer!

"This game will blow your mind...out of your nose." - ad for Psychonauts

Archived