Home

Rakatan Statues in TPM

Hayden Kered

I just finished watching The Phantom Menace and at the end celebration I noticed (what appeared to be) 2 Rakatan Statues in the background. They were at the very top of the Theed steps facing the crowd. Stop the DVD at 02:08:59 and you will be able to see them. The heads of the statues closely resemble the Rakata species.

What do you think?

Yes, its human witrh funny headdress, as wwe know it Naboo females love funny hairstyle. The headdress is similar to the humans on the side with the cone shaped hat, with two side panels and two balls at the ear area.

Definitely not Rakatan, cause the feet is different.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They do look close. But TPM was produced befor Kotor and as far as I know the Ratakan were created for Kotor.

Agreed and established :) But Quinlan Vos (unnamed at the time) was just a random Extra on the Tatooine set on Episode I, But Jan Duursema Saw him and created a back story, now he's one of the best known EU characters to date :)>> http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/tayloryea/Akims_Munch.jpg

It is possible for Random Characters and locations to be taken and expanded on in there own right, although they are definitely not Rakatan Statues:)

• 1 month later...

^^^ Yep. I'm guessing someone on the D-team for KotoR saw these and came up with a new race.

And I did not know that about Quinlan. Indeed he is one of the few EU chars I know, I would love to be that extra so much. IMO. (Hey, what's IMO mean, anyhow???)

Archived