Home

mmorpg.com BIOWARE MMO poll , take a look..

zaykodroid

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate MMORPGs, but the MMORPG I hate the most would be a KOTOR MMO, for reasons that have already been stated. Neither would I want Mass Effect changed. But I heard nothing of Dragon Age, so if they ruin the mythos, I wouldn't care. Plus, it is an age about dragon...hm...if you play as a dragon...hm...

VOTE DRAGON AGE! VOTE DRAGON AGE! PLAY AS A DRAGON IN A MMO!

I hate MMORPGs, but the MMORPG I hate the most would be a KOTOR MMO, for reasons that have already been stated. Neither would I want Mass Effect changed. But I heard nothing of Dragon Age, so if they ruin the mythos, I wouldn't care. Plus, it is an age about dragon...hm...if you play as a dragon...hm...

VOTE DRAGON AGE! VOTE DRAGON AGE! PLAY AS A DRAGON IN A MMO!

Your slightly over dramatic, it's only a poll, by voting in it won't change what happens, even if everyone voted dragon age ;)

I'm mad that most people are voting for Knights of the Old Republic. I hate MMORPGs, and KOTOR 3 - the game that should tie up all of the loose ends in the series - need not be something that will take you ages to get through the story whilst having to put up with a bunch of stupid teenagers from around the globe.

I'm a fan of mmo's and I'm all for a kotor mmo...especially if Bioware were to do it. Will it happen? My guess is no because they obviously didn't do Knights 2 and I think I heard somewhere that Bioware was going to be doing "original" IP's or something like that....but hey, what the hell do I know? lol

If it did happen, I would be all over it...I'm waiting for a new SW mmo after the debacle that was [or is rather] SW Galaxies. Though if it turns out to be something else....I'll just keep waiting/hoping that the swg emulator project is successful. :)

I'm mad that most people are voting for Knights of the Old Republic. I hate MMORPGs, and KOTOR 3 - the game that should tie up all of the loose ends in the series - need not be something that will take you ages to get through the story whilst having to put up with a bunch of stupid teenagers from around the globe.

I really don't know (but really want to know) why the people who don't want a KotOR MMO think that the KotOR MMO in question will be KotOR III, there's to much story for them to make it an MMO, if they made a KotOR MMO it would be separate from the main KotOR storyline.

So please please tell me why everyone who doesn't want a KotOR MMO thinks (that if one were to be made) it would be KotOR III (technically it would be the 3rd KotOR game released, but I mean the 3rd game in the storyline)

I really don't know (but really want to know) why the people who don't want a KotOR MMO think that the KotOR MMO in question will be KotOR III, there's to much story for them to make it an MMO, if they made a KotOR MMO it would be separate from the main KotOR storyline.

For starters, the fact that given LA's wonderful new 'several games a year' gaming policy it could mean even further postponement for KotOR III. Next, looking at it from their perspective I would see little reason to try and market two similarly themed games within a close period of time. Less copies sell when gamers aren't starved for sequels, especially when they'd be such similar (well, that's relative) games. If KotOR II were sold three months after KotOR I it likely wouldn't have made nearly as much money as it did, people were still completing and replaying the first game. I can't say what order LA would choose to release both games, but given how MMOs have a track record of making longer-term profits than single player RPGs (if not larger ones in most cases) it would be only logical for them to release the single player game later. Personally I'd rather not have it delayed for a game I have no interest in playing and which I feel would be a desecration of a franchise I have otherwise loved.

A KotOR III MMO might also make enough profit for LA to consider themselves done with the series. They've other games they can make which have a greater profit potential than KotOR. (Battlefront and Force Unleashed come to mind.) And again, there's how the MMO could quite possibly make them more money.

And lastly, they've made such unusual and inconsiderate decisions in regards to fans in the past that I wouldn't want to risk the possibility of a third game in any way. I don't have enough confidence in LA to trust them to make rational decisions that would satisfy fans.

That, and in my obviously biased opinion it would feel like a desecration of an otherwise wonderful series. Go back to Galaxies, go back to WoW. The KotOR franchise has produced two immensely enjoyable single player RPGs so far and is not meant to be anything else.

How many MMORPGs did you play, before ?

So please please tell me why everyone who doesn't want a KotOR MMO thinks (that if one were to be made) it would be KotOR III (technically it would be the 3rd KotOR game released, but I mean the 3rd game in the storyline)

Why can't BOTH games be made? Like why can't there be a STAR WARS KOTOR MMORPG ******AND!!!***** a KOTOR 3 ?? They could be total seperate and the mmo would be a series mmo . Tell me why not? you poeple who want the great story will have it, and yall who want to pown poeple in pvp and interact with thousands of poeple will have your MMORPG.

Why can't BOTH games be made? Like why can't there be a STAR WARS KOTOR MMORPG ******AND!!!***** a KOTOR 3 ?? They could be total seperate and the mmo would be a series mmo . Tell me why not? you poeple who want the great story will have it, and yall who want to pown poeple in pvp and interact with thousands of poeple will have your MMORPG.

I think you misunderstood what I said, I want the same thing your saying, both games and there is no reason to suggest that both can't be made.

What I was asking to know was why everyone thought that the MMO would be KotOR 3, why not have both, and I still can't understand that after the many times of saying that if they made a KotOR MMO it would be separate from the main KotOR storyline, they still think think they will merge them. I really hope I don't have to say that again.

With Bioware now owned by EA, I think you scratch off the option of KotOR from that list...

There is no way IMHO that LA is going to let a developer owned by another publisher work on a Star Wars game. None.

.. especially a "FINE" company like EA that is known for its "GREAT PRODUCTS"

Face it, Bioware is now enslaved by some hutt

Why? EA has made sequels before. They will understand that KotOR is very popular and consider making a new one. I wouldn't be surprised. If they look at the income reports (and they WILL) they will know how much Knights of the Old Republic brought in)

AND, EA really is a good company. They've made some good games

I still think the creation of a KotOR-era MMO would be beneficial to the series in general, and if successful it would essentially guarantee the eventual release of another plot-based KotOR installment in order to provide more historical and sociopolitical information around which expansions of the MMO could be created.

I would also consider it a markedly better way to spend hours of my life than scouring the internet for evidence that KotOR III is in production.

Why? EA has made sequels before. They will understand that KotOR is very popular and consider making a new one. I wouldn't be surprised.

EA and BioWare do not have the rights to KotOR. Whether they made it or not, they cannot legally produce and sell a sequel without LucasArt's permission. They are far more likely to contract it out to a smaller company (Obsidian) than a large corporation such as EA they'll have to share a larger amount of their profits with.

EA and BioWare do not have the rights to KotOR. Whether they made it or not, they cannot legally produce and sell a sequel without LucasArt's permission. They are far more likely to contract it out to a smaller company (Obsidian) than a large corporation such as EA they'll have to share a larger amount of their profits with.

"Far more likely to" ?!?

There's an understatement if ever I saw one...

I think you misunderstood what I said, I want the same thing your saying, both games and there is no reason to suggest that both can't be made.

What I was asking to know was why everyone thought that the MMO would be KotOR 3, why not have both, and I still can't understand that after the many times of saying that if they made a KotOR MMO it would be separate from the main KotOR storyline, they still think think they will merge them. I really hope I don't have to say that again.

Ahhh I see , well, in that case I 100% agree with you. Kotor 3 and a Kotor MMORPG should completely be two different games. Besides the fact ,Why in the hell would you make the 3rd game to a great sequel like kotor a mmorpg!!!???

(by the way sorry for the (misunderstanding) : )

Originally Posted by Master Zionosis

Yes, but they'll make back all the costs when the games go on sale

Too bad a 'certain' SW mmo ruiined the reputation of a possible SW mmo. Come on...they STOLE HK, they made Obi-Wan appear to toal strangers, and random people would become Force Sensative.

No sir, they'd have to convince a whole bunch of people if they'd want to make a new SW mmo. (all imo) :)

Too bad a 'certain' SW mmo ruiined the reputation of a possible SW mmo. Come on...they STOLE HK, they made Obi-Wan appear to toal strangers, and random people would become Force Sensative.

No sir, they'd have to convince a whole bunch of people if they'd want to make a new SW mmo. (all imo) :)

Well, I'm sure Lucas could see the potential of making a KotOR MMO, especially as it will be the successor of SWG (assuming they don't screw this up as well, which is highly unlikely). Ahhhh I can see the headlines now (well, internet headlines), "SW: KoTOR MMO CRUSHES SWG!!!" lol

A KOTOR MMO is perfectly fine in my opinion, though I wouldn't play it(I don't pay to play), just maybe it could be a new Star Wars MMO that LA can make that won't be like Galaxies. Also, I don't think they'd make an MMO part of a storyline, although possible, it would probably scramble the story into bits and pieces that could take awhile to organize. My guess is that the idea is the game will be based in the WORLD of KOTOR but have nothing to do with the events that took place at the time. Don't worry, they SHOULD know what they're doing...

Archived