Home

FINAL FANTASY

DrPhil2501

Hmm...sleep.

Errol was sleeping on his bed, curled to the side. It was quiet, peaceful, and serene. There wasn't any loud noises. Or anything rather. At least until there was a deep utter shake coming from the engine.

'No!' and he thrust himself up from the bed, panting rapidly. Had he dared to fall asleep during a mission!? As he lifted his leg over the bed, he realized it was rather numb, and that his right arm was too.

"...I meditated too long." Errol had heard about the dangers of meditating to long from his master; from doing such a thing, the Magick would store within you, instead of being used by you, and your will is enchanted by whom, or whatever it was, that ruled over the Magick.

He climbed off of the bed, as his fingertips grasped the rim of the bed, and pulled himself upright. He walked, or limped, to the door, his heart racing frantically from what would happen if anyone knew he slept during the quest. "Hello?" He said, walking to the cockpit.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I've heard rumor about the Piece as it's listed in the palace registry," Solidus said "Some say it leads to key to destroy an army of heretics who's invasion was foreseen by the gods who created this land. I'm guessing these so called Deth. That doesn't interest me. Some people say in the same area is a vault containing gold from the gods themselves. Now that does interest me. Which rumor are you interested in?" Solidus asked Rueben.

((Yeah... SR in case you haven't noticed, I have some facination with orphans... but I don't know why... I mean... I'm not one...))

"Like I'll ever tell you... but this might give it away... I am a freedom fighter... I have been since the day my parents were killed." Rueben said. "I also swore to guard the kingdom from everything... the king made me one of the Royal Guardians... so I'll bet you can guess which legend I want to hold true."

Rueben turned to Errol. "Hello... And who might you be? I'm Rueben Shan... black mage, in case you didn't notice."

"A-a Black Mage?" Errol said surprised, and following it with a bow. Black Mages are even more rare than Red and White mages combined! The boy smiled, and tucked away a lock of his hair. "Errol."

There was a moment of silence, when he spoke again. "Erm..."

He was not exactly sure who this mage...was. Sure, he knew the name, but how did he come with everyone? What are his intentions?

"How did you get here?" He asked rather bluntly.

"The attack on the palace..." Rueben said. "I was there before this bloody ship even thought of coming! My plans were to infiltrate the palace... get in good with the king, and then on the night of the festival when the king was drunk, take the... orb and help the kingdom..."

Rueben spoke mostly with his hands, so he accidently smacked Solidus in the nose.

"Oops... sorry bout that." Rueben muttered. "I'm a little over dramatic... in case you haven't figured that out yet."

((Really? That's cool, Shan. I guess... :) ))

Angel giggled. "It's okay, Rueben. Captain Solidus probably know that you didn't mean it."

She brushed a strand of hair from her face, and smiled silently. The thought of having Rueben around was great. But if the others didn't trust him... she'd be there for him.

Angel glanced up. "Well... since you're a Royal Gaurdian of the king... is it all right if I fix you something to eat? I don't mind making food for everyone." She smiled brightly.

The young teenage girl was a great cook. When she was twelve, her mother use to teach her about cooking. That's how she got the talent from. But other than that, she was a great fighter... fast and focused in combat.

((That's great??? How exactly is that great? Sometimes it seems like your talking chinese to me... :p))

Rueben frowned... "Eh... if you don't mind, I'd like to help though... I'm a pretty decent chef myself... just ask Souvi... hahaha... nevermind... don't ask him... I accidently dropped an ingredient in his food one day, and he had an allergic reaction to it... I was wonderin why he had it onboard if he was allergic to it... but that's besides the point... he thinks for some reason still to this day that I tried to poison him..." Rueben laughed. "Hmmmm... maybe you don't want me to cook..."

((I'm sorry, Shan! It's just that I had homework to do, and I'm really tired. Sorry. :D ))

Angel shook her head rapidly. Her long black silver hair flowed gently with the breeze.

"No, no! It's okay. You can help if you like. I don't mind." After saying that, she left the cockpit.

She looked down, thinking if a Black Mage like Rueben ever felt something inside. Like... affection. Oh, well! It didn't matter.

Angel focused on cooking for everyone. But she wondered if Rueben changed his mind about helping. If he did, then it was all right.

Rueben stayed in the cockpit... not because he wanted to distance himself from Angel, quite the opposite, but because he and the alleged captain needed to stratigize and they needed to do so, without fear of Rueben poisoning them. Rueben smiled at his strange memories... perhaps a little TOO strange for most people to not be crazy... but then again, he was not like most people... he was unique... as unique as a monster in a field of daisies... now that was a rare site!

Rueben frowned... what is wrong with me? He asked, himself. Maybe... maybe I need to get out a little more... I have been held up in Souvi's ship for a LONG time... Souvi and Rueben rarely ever landed... I guess you could call us Space Pirates... although that name's not very fitting... because we don't steal other people's ships... or... anything. He thought to himself. Wait... why am I having a conversation with myself? Am I going crazy?

Angel blushed when Suki mentioned about her liking Rueben. After all, he was handsome.

The young girl shrugged. "I dunno. I... uh..." she was really shy to say it. Then, she had to get it off her chest. "Oh, all right! I do. But... do you think he feels the same way about me?"

"What am I saying? Of course he does! But I can't read people's thoughts... only their facial expression." Angel thought to herself.

Angel sighed, and smiled, looking at Suki. "Yeah. I guess Rueben's all right. What about you? I can see that that Wonderbread prince seems to like you..."

When Randon first heard this Rueban-guy thing being a chef, the first thought he was thinking:

"Tsk.. This guy? Cook? Yeah right..." he thought. "From what he has to tell me, I wouldn't eat one of his meals..."

"I'm not hungry at the moment..." he shot a dark look at Rueban. He wasn't sure whether to trust him or not. And what was worse, there was something about him that was getting on Randon's nerves.

((I'm kidding, Shan. I love you, man :lol:!))

"I'll take that!" Cid took the comm from Rueban's hand (the one with no blood... ugh)

"Listen up!" he spoke through the comm. "You wanted to speak to someone in charge? I'm second in command. We have a truce... where shall we meet?"

"Excuse YOU!" Rueben said. "I can tell you where we're going... it's just outside the city walls..."

Rueben frowned at Randon... "Do I get on your nerves? Your always so tense around me..." He asked.

Wonderbread shook his head... That is so like Rueben... always trying to make the peace. He laughed to himself. I seriously need to be a lot more like him...

Randon ignored Rueban.

"Could you be a little more specific please?" Cid asked politely. ""outside the city walls" could be anywhere. I need directions!"

Cid flew the ship towards the barrier of the city. Cid never noticed before, but the surrounding walls had a row of tunnels around the barrier. The ship flew through on of the tunnels.

The passage was long and narrow. The shape of it was hexagonal, and the path was lit up by guide lights so ships and vehicles could see in the darkness.

They exited the tunnel, and flew out of the city limits. They were now outside of Valmarias.

The Wingless Eagle had just crossed the barrier between Valmarias and the outside world.

Second in command? Souvi thought That's not quite what I expected.

He repeated his exact thoughts to the rash voice on the other side of the comm. "Second in command? Yeah, I guess you'll have to do. As you know, you have something that interests me and I have something that appeals you. I propose that we meet outside Valmarias territory and satellite states, and rendezvous at Nibelfaram Mountains. Clearly a neutral territory."

The mountains of Nibelfaram. The place is quite a sight itself and is a highly regarded destination for tourism. However, recent Deth movement have stopped all the tourist activities on this side of the globe. According to the Valmariam Tourism Board, however, many people whgo call themselves 'adventures' do risk their lives exploring the Mountains of Endless Beauty, as Nibelfaram is also known as.

Fauna and flora of Nibelfaram aren't exactly diversified, but it counts with notable examples such as the Frio'Ryu, or Cold Dragon, who's meter's tall. Some kind of archeology movement had begun flourishing on Nibelfaram before the Deth, but those happenings never came to light.

"So, what do you say?"

*30 minutes earlier*

Souvi just entered the improvised Cargo Hold and the spherical orb began to shine. He approached, cautiously, remembering how the Sphere had burned his hand before. He touched it. Nothing happened at first, but on a second fraction something similar to a big rune appeared on the orb circular surface. He had never seen that before. What does that means?

Sakura worked her way around the ship. ' I am so lost.' She worked her way around until she reached the kitchen. ' Food ,real food!' she gobbled down whatever was in front of her. ' It's been to long since I had an actual meal. I forgot how great food tastes.' She talked with the servants and they graciously showed her where Souvi was.

She peeked in and heard 'neutral territory'. 'That's a good sign she thought.' She made her presence known. She was hard to miss, she was wearing a medical dressing gown and a blue robe.

" Hey, I got bored. I'm feeling better. So planning to meet them ,good I oddly miss my sister. " She walked over to Souvi and kissed him on the lips gently. '' I have been wanting to do that since I met you. This isn't a game I truly ...... think I'm about to pass out. Maybe I pushed myself to hard but I wanted to see you. I think I'll go rest now." she started walking off but turned back. " By the way I think I'm in love with you. Come and visit me if it's mutual." she smiled and a crew member helped her back to bed.

After Angel was done cooking, she covered the foods with plates over them. The she went back with the others at the cockpit. The view seemed different.

Then she figured it out. They were outside the city. "What are we doing out of the city, guys?"

Angel loved to see the outside of the city of Valmarias. It made her feel like a real explorer. But as a trainee of The Gliding Angel, she had to pay attention to her surroundings. Things could happen.

((OKAY you guys... I feel I need to say this so... HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!!!!!))

"We are going to meet the- uhh... we're going to meet Souvi." Rueben said, still staring at the mountain. "He'll probably be sitting at the peak, so go ALL the way up."

Rueben then turned to Angel. "Hey... how's it going? You look beat... maybe you need some rest." He said, playfully. "Need some help getting into bed?"

He wrinkled his nose, and then stuck out his tounge. "I'm just kidding..." He said. "So don't take it offensivley!"

"Sixty minutes to reach Nibelfaram, Souvi." Rim reported dutifully.

"See what can you do to cut that time to the half, Rim." Souvi commanded. "I REALLY want to get there before they do." He got "Aye" as answer. The Gliding angel looked like a fast vessel, But we are much smaller than them and, therefore, faster.

Much of what Souvi said was during his meditation. He was on that deep 'dream' since he found out about the rune on the orb... Even as Sakura's condition and what she said were troubling him greatly. He got up and said. "I'm going to check on Sakura. Call me IF it's urgent."

*20 minutes earlier*

After thundering the cabin with absurd speed, Souvi immediately started a research on the Ship's computer data. He inserted a scan of the rune that appeared on the orb and started searching for matches on the library that was digitalized on the ship. He was surprised to acknowledge that a sole match was found. On a dictionary. The entry said: (**** - Rune) 1. (arc) (dial) Zhenertian. - Sole entry - entry ends..

And that was all he could get. "Zhenertian". A Archaic Dialect. Hmm, what the hell? He looked for entries again, this time on "Zhenertian". No entries found. "Damn!" He hammered the keyboard. Noticing the strange behavior of Souvi, Rim asked what was the problem.

"Zhenertian! That's the problem" Souvi shouted unmannerly.

Rim didn't seemed offended a bit, despite Souvi's answer. "What about them?"

"Them? They're--" He stopped. "You know what it means?"

"Sure," Rim answered "everyone on Valamrian territory does--"

"What it means" Souvi cut him abruptly.

Rim answered "It's Wonderbread. Or how they were known as."

"Wow... you're really bad at hitting on chicks..." Randon muttered under his breath.

Suddenly, the cockpit heard the loud noises of screeches and bangs coming from outisde. "What the hell?"

Randon exited the cockpit, went through the security/living area and entered the elevator which headed upwards. As the elevator halted, the doors slid open to reveal the exterior of The Gliding Angel. Randon stood on the deck floor walked up the back of the ship. He climbed up the stairs to the poop deck at the rear of this ship.

((strange name "poop deck", i know. You'll see it on Pirate Ships))

There Randon saw a view of Valmarias in the nightsky... and the source of the noise was from fireworks. Bright coloured explosions erupted in the sky.

Randon couldn't help but chuckle. "Bloody festival..." he added. "Happy new yeah, everyone."

Then he saw what appeared to be black pods, joining in with the fireworks... they obviously weren't part of the display, as they were falling from the clouds. Fifteen of the pods came closer to the ship.

Randon squinted to try and identify what they were...

((WARNING! HERE COMES DETH!!!))

Angel giggled at what Rueben had said. "It's okay, Rueben. I love your jokes." Suddenly, she saw beautiful fireworks.

"Wow. They're amazing." Fireworks were her inspiration. All the colors made her feel warm inside. She smiled.

As she watched the fireworks, she looked up in the sky. Black little things that looked like pods were heading for their ship and the city.

Angel squinted her eyes. "Something doesn't seem right...."

"OH NO!" Rueben yelled. "Souvi you IDIOT! Why did you do that? HOW did you do that?"

Rueben looked at Wonderbread. "It's happened... I don't know how... but it has... Souvi has activated the map!"

Wonderbread looked shocked... I, or one of my family, should only be able to do that! Do you know what this means? It means that commners are gaining more power than what they should have... there is going to be a revolution no doubt! He said to himself.

Wonderbread walked to Rueben side and stood on his toes and whispered something to Rueben... Rueben's eyes got wide as he realized the full impact.

"That's NOT good..." He mumbled back to the prince. "We must prevent war at ALL costs... even our lives." Rueben sighed and then said loud enough for everyone to hear... "Stay away from the door... that's an... ancient evil, one that has been dormant for they're very existance... but something has awakened them... that is... the Deth!"

Archived