Home

Rock Band

Darth Groovy

Finally, I found a fake music game I like! I love to sing, and Rock band has so much to it....it's amazing. Compared to all the BS Karaoke games I have played in the past, this one is the best because it is pure rock n' roll. Finally, I can match up with all you guitar hero clowns, and lay some vocals down over those crazy songs!

I would like to play online with anyone interested. My gamertag is: Darth Groovy

I did NOT buy the special edition bundle, I got this game just for the vocal stuff. I have a PS2 microphone from karaoke revolution, that looks identical to the Rock Band mic, and works perfectly!

I hit a snag. I HATE Weezer. I am doing solo career on expert, because I actually do sing. Hating Weezer is not helping me get past this crappy song I have to do "Say It Ain't So". I will get through this eventually....along with the Yeah Yeah Yeah's "Maps". I even tried putting in the cheats, but they don't work. Maybe I have to have a guitar, or drum accessory to make that work, because the controller won't do it. I want to do all of the cool songs, but I only have ten to pick from, and I have to unlock the cool stuff....which sucks, because I have to learn how to sing songs that I hate....like Weezer...oh gawd how I hate Weezer. The game is fun, but you have to make sacrifices. For example, I would NEVER do a Weezer song in real life....ever. I just want to do NIN, and Faith No More.

Any other Rock Band enthusiasts out there? Post here!

I bought it yesterday, just the game by itself and I'm using my X-Plorer controller. Lot of fun so far. The songs are a lot more finger-twisting than GH2, and it's a pain in the ass to hit the hammer-ons properly- I'm missing them a lot more than I should.

But so far my favorite songs are When We Were Young, Go With The Flow, Gimme Shelter, and (Don't Fear) The Reaper can be a rush. I haven't played them all, so... yea.

And I played it for two and a half hours last night and got through about 20 songs. Also, I heard about Bongo talking about the "accuracy of the drumming animations in GH3", well, he should see this, for all I know you could mimic the drummers and play the song in real life.

Why can't they have a 100 dollar one that comes with just the drums :(

Yeah, I want to just get the game with the drum set...mainly so I can learn to play the drums competently without looking like a lonely douche in the process. Not that I won't look like a douche, of course, but at least I'll have the company of a virtual band to tell me I'm pretty inside.

Do you think playing rock band would actually help you out in real life with drums? Cuz I've been playing guitar for years now (As many of you know, I used to be AcrylicGuitar), but even Guitar Hero is helping me in playing guitar. Mainly reach and endurance, without getting blisters on fingers from the strings.

As I've played the game at Best Buy (on a slightly broken drumset ><) and being a drummer in real life, I have to say that it's just like playing the drums, just not with them in the same positions. But playing Suffragette City was just like sitting down and playing it on a real set to me.

In other words, get it, and you won't regret it :)

Do you think playing rock band would actually help you out in real life with drums? Cuz I've been playing guitar for years now (As many of you know, I used to be AcrylicGuitar), but even Guitar Hero is helping me in playing guitar. Mainly reach and endurance, without getting blisters on fingers from the strings.
Actually, my bro has been playing guitar for a year now (never a day goes by that he doesn't pick up his Black and White Fender Stratocaster) and he said I may have learned some stuff from Guitar Hero. He says that my ring finger is pretty good at moving independently from the other fingers and how I can move my fingers pretty quickly.

Oh well, I'll see if my guitar class comes to anything...

Actually, my bro has been playing guitar for a year now (never a day goes by that he doesn't pick up his Black and White Fender Stratocaster) and he said I may have learned some stuff from Guitar Hero. He says that my ring finger is pretty good at moving independently from the other fingers and how I can move my fingers pretty quickly.

Yeah, the game will improve your finger independence, dexterity, and sense of rhythm.

Archived