53 members have voted

1. 1. what rights should homosexuals have

• The same rights as heterosexuals
    • The same rights, except for adoption
    • The same rights, except for mariage and adoption
    • They should get the same rights, once they are "cured"
    • other

proof?

most gay partnerships have a more feminine and masculine member. In addition, not all male-female relationships have the masculine rule-maker as the father and the kind-caregiver as the mother. many modern working families do a bit of both, and some are completly flipped. Are those wrong too?

I think he meant a natural chemical imbalance, like depression or bi-polar.

ohhh, I get it, when people don't agree with you and challenge your ideas and preconceived notions, it's "ridiculous". Glad to see you're just as open minded as you claimed.

If homosexuality is a choice, then yes, this applies.

Take a look at the scores. Most pedophiles tend to be men, after boys. Is that a sufficient clue?

Admittedly. But no matter how Butch the woman is, she's not a man. No matter how effeminate he is, he's not a woman.

I got what he meant.

If Homosexuality isn't a choice, why are so many homosexuals opposed to attempts to cure it? Just curious.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, so you're talking about this:

There is also considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality.

It does not call it a hormonal 'imbalance'. It says hormones merely play a part in the shaping process. And how convenient of you to leave off the sentence after that...

In summary, it is important to recognize that there are probably many reasons for a person's sexual orientation and the reasons may be different for different people.

As for the drugs you are advertising that will 'cure' or 'help' gay people become straight, I refer you to what I've quoted above on that topic.

Homosexuals seem to be more predisposed to pedophilia than heterosexuals. Not really a big rock for me to make my stand on, admittedly. But it's something.

Actually most are Heterosexual. It's a psychological issue, dealing with twisted cycles perpetuating disturbing behavior. Yeah, some are gay, but then again so are some murderers. But like that, most are heterosexual.

Homosexuals don't provide a normal growth environment by any standard.

[/Quote]

More normal than an orphanage. Most kids are kicked out into the world at 18 with no skills to use in the real world, making it difficult for them to obtain jobs leading to homelessness and thus a higher likelihood of violent crime in order to even eat.

Think about it. Mothers tend to be the more nurturing ones, fathers the disciplinarians. It's not hard to see how that could go badly.

[/Quote]

It is for me. Generally, in all relationships, one partner assumes one role, the other assumes the... other role.

we're talking crossed wires in the brain.

This isn't like a car, crossed wires and suddenly your ignition is acting funny. Can you tell me, scientifically speaking, what it is that makes you want to screw with the opposite sex? Until you can, don't try to tell people you know what causes a gay person to be gay.

"Love" and/or "Lust" are natural things that cannot be simply explained with fuzzy kind words. Nor are they to be explained by some all powerful sky-daddy playing Barbie with our lives.

Therefore, whatever Satan does, is a direct result of what God did. Without God, there would be no Satan, without Satan, no Homosexuality. Therefore, the creation of homosexuality is God's doing. And since God has a plan for everything, homosexuals are part of that plan. And therefore are under His jurisdiction, not yours.

Well, if there was no God, we wouldn't be here, now would we?

And who made you final arbiter of how the Bible is to be interpreted?

Arcesious is not the 'final arbiter of how the Bible is to be interpreted'. He (sorry if I am wrong about your gender) is interpreting the Bible...how should I say this...in his own understanding. I do the same thing whenever I read the Bible. I also ask others around me on how they interpret what the Bible says.

Take a look at the scores. Most pedophiles tend to be men, after boys. Is that a sufficient clue?

many of these men lead long and "normal" heterosexual lives. Is that not enough proof they are straight?

No, of course it's not. These people are just whacked. They're not gay, they're not straight.

Admittedly. But no matter how Butch the woman is, she's not a man. No matter how effeminate he is, he's not a woman.

gender roles are exactly that. ROLES. They can be played by anyone. The kind of junk they have downstairs does not change this.

If Homosexuality isn't a choice, why are so many homosexuals opposed to attempts to cure it? Just curious.

If heterosexuality isn't a choice, why is nobody complaining?

Probably because they're happy that way. If black skin isn't a choice, why aren't blacks lining up to get the skin changed? If being jewish isn't a choice(they claim it isn't), why did they not line up for murder when Hitler said they needed to die?

It was because they were happy that way. And since they did not impose themselves upon others in any unwanted way(existing does not count), they felt they had a right to exist, and do things the way they did. Just like homosexuals.

Well, if there was no God, we wouldn't be here, now would we?

IF we assume god exists, you are correct. However, if that is true, it also means god created every last one of us. And, if homosexuality is a hormonal imbance or a genetic thing as Arcesious claims, then it is God's doing. And thus, it is STILL NOT our place to "fix" something God made. He obviously intended them to be like that for a reason, what that reason is, I don't claim to know(nor do I care).

Mimartin: You are twisting the words of the bible Mimartin. the bible wasn't intended to express it's poitn that way in this subject.
I twisted nothing I got the quote directly out of the Bible. The Bible says that God has the right to judge us, but we do not share in that right unless we want our sin to be judged just as harshly. I sin, we all sin, I just do not want to be judged as harshly as I would judge someone else faults, so I am not arrogant enough to believe I have the right to judge anyone.

I fail to see how I am twisting anything when I quote directly from the Bible.

Ooookay, Sitherino. My point was that it's more complex than just a simple imbalance of chemicals in the brain.

Anyway, nobody makes a cure for heterosexuality or even tries to because it's impossible, and it'd also result in a total genetic suicide of the human race. Not exactly a good outcome. On the other hand, homosexuality is pretty much pointless.

I'll remember that you can rape little boys and still remain straight. That makes sense in some kind of parralel dimension.

The junk you have downstairs makes a surprising amount of difference, actually. Ever heard of the phrase "Thinking with his penis"? Or maybe "It's her time of the month"?

Uh...you can't change yourself from being a Jew, for one thing. It's a nationality. Sort of like being Asian. And Blacks don't get changed (Well, besides Michael Jackson) because they have no reason to do so. See, being black doesn't require you to commit genetic suicide.

Just because the Bible says something is wrong doesn't give us the right to declare them wicked and evil. Remember, we're all born of the same stock.

Corinthian, do not edit my warning out of your post again. Furthermore, do not put back what I edited out of your post. This is your second warning.

Again, I will reiterate, do not be condescending in tone. It does not help discussion.

~9

I highly doubt God ever intedned the verse to be used to say that you can't judge homosexuality. Verses in the bible do not contradict each other. The bible says one man and one women is the only right way for it to work, nd any other way is wrong.

Actually, Leviticus, Paul, and Romans say that. At least one of which is not in the Bible, but the Old Testament.

You said: Verses in the bible do not contradict each other.

The Bible says:

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

I highly doubt God ever intedned the verse to be used to say that you can't judge homosexuality. Verses in the bible do not contradict each other. The bible says one man and one women is the only right way for it to work, nd any other way is wrong.

And so that says God sees it as a sin. Show me the verse that says we have the right to condemn another for their sins. I always thought God had that right not us. I thought he/she was the judge and not mortal man.

I highly doubt God ever intedned the verse to be used to say that you can't judge homosexuality.

I'm pretty sure Jesus meant to include all sorts of judging when he said that. He didn't say, 'Judge not, lest ye be judged... oh, except for those gays. Judge them all you want.'

Verses in the bible do not contradict each other.

A lot of what Jesus said in the New Testament throws out a lot of Old Testament practices.

The bible says one man and one women is the only right way for it to work, nd any other way is wrong.

The Bible also says we should offer burnt sacrifices, kill our wives if they are disobedient and have slaves. Why aren't we following those practices anymore?

And thus, it is STILL NOT our place to "fix" something God made. He obviously intended them to be like that for a reason, what that reason is, I don't claim to know(nor do I care).

So are you saying doctors to 'fix' a brain anurism (forgive the spelling), or a broken bone, or give you stiches after a accident on your bike, or presribe a specific medicine to help you sleep at night? God made US, so I intend that you are saying that we cannot 'fix' each other, or animals. Interesting theory you have there...

So are you saying doctors to 'fix' a brain anurism (forgive the spelling), or a broken bone, or give you stiches after a accident on your bike, or presribe a specific medicine to help you sleep at night? God made US, so I intend that you are saying that we cannot 'fix' each other, or animals. Interesting theory you have there...

'Fixing' in this case refers to trying to change someone's lifestyle/sexuality/person. Helping your fellow man out in times of misfortune don't really fall under that. See: The parable of the Good Samaritan.

But the part you missed is that all of those people sought treatment for their ills. There's a difference between saying: "I don't like my broken leg, I want it fixed." and "I don't like you being homosexual, you need to be fixed."

in a very literal sense, yes, if you are extremely strict on your reading of the bible, you'd be one of those "Christian Scientists" who doesn't believe in surgery or medication to heal.

But we've got free will, so we can still do whatever we choose. I think God's pretty cool with the idea of helping people if they WANT it.

Web Rider, what does that prove? There's no contradiction there. Ever hear of, you know, the Trinity? Three Persons in One? Father, Son, and Holy Ghost? Geez.

Also, the whole 'fixing' thing in apostrophes makes me wonder what we're talking about here.

the first quote says that Jesus and God are the same.(A=B)

The second says that Jesus is less than God. Or more directly, God is greater than Jesus. (A<B)

A=B and A<B are not the same equation.

I think that we are talking about the medical aspect of 'fixing' a person...

'Fixing' in this case refers to trying to change someone's lifestyle/sexuality/person. Helping your fellow man out in times of misfortune don't really fall under that

Are you not changing a persons lifestlye, or that person? If you give someone stiches for a bike accident, would not the rider of the bike be a lot more careful, or wear a helmet when he/she rides the bike? I think that the examples that I have stated go along with the topic perfectly. Especially now that you have said, "'Fixing' in this case refers to trying to change someone's lifestyle/sexuality/person." :)

I'll remember that you can rape little boys and still remain straight. That makes sense in some kind of parralel dimension.

Rape is generally a power thing, not a sexual thing.

Are you not changing a persons lifestlye, or that person? If you give someone stiches for a bike accident, would not the rider of the bike be a lot more careful, or wear a helmet when he/she rides the bike?

Yeah, they're more careful because they don't want to injure themselves again. This is called learning.

There is no lifestyle change, except maybe they won't be as moronic in the future.

No, no, no. It says they are One. It does not say they are the same. Subtle difference. Besides, ever hear the whole THREE IN ONE that I JUST talked about that you conveniently ignored?

This was one of the primary divisions between the Eastern Orthodox and the Roman Catholic churches. I doubt we're going to agree here. They never did...and there was that whole burning of Constantinople...

How can 3 be one without being the same? Now, if they said they were parts of a whole, sure, that makes sense, but they said they ARE one.

Are you not changing a persons lifestlye, or that person? If you give someone stiches for a bike accident, would not the rider of the bike be a lot more careful, or wear a helmet when he/she rides the bike? I think that the examples that I have stated go along with the topic perfectly. Especially now that you have said, "'Fixing' in this case refers to trying to change someone's lifestyle/sexuality/person." :)

So let me ask you, what would Jesus do in that instance? Would he say, 'Oh, sorry, can't help you, that would be changing your lifestyle."? Or would he get down and help the fallen person?

Again, I refer to the parable of the Good Samaritan. If Jesus didn't mean for us to help each other when one is in genuine distress, then he would not have preached so!

ADMIN NOTE: Okay guys, I know this is a very heated debate right now, so I think we should all step back and try to refocus on the topic and hand and not get side-tracked. From now on, please make your posts directly relate to the issue of homosexuality. Thank you.

How can God exist before time did? I mean, for the love of Imhotep, some things in the Bible are too complicated to understand with our puny minds. You're not big on this whole faith thing?

Jesus didn't shy away from trying to change people's lifestyles. "Let me make you fishers of men?" Every one of the twelve disciples had lives and jobs before they met Jesus, but at his beckoning they followed him.

There is no lifestyle change, except maybe they won't be as moronic in the future.

IMO, it is a lifestlye change. You even stated it yourself, "There is no lifestyle change, except maybe they won't be as moronic in the future." That is a lifestyle change in my book. Or maybe the person didn't wear a helmet, and after his accident he always wore a helmet when he rode on any type of bike.

Archived