what rights should homosexuals have  

53 members have voted

1. 1. what rights should homosexuals have

• The same rights as heterosexuals
    • The same rights, except for adoption
    • The same rights, except for mariage and adoption
    • They should get the same rights, once they are "cured"
    • other

IMO, it is a lifestlye change. You even stated it yourself, "There is no lifestyle change, except maybe they won't be as moronic in the future." That is a lifestyle change in my book. Or maybe the person didn't wear a helmet, and after his accident he always wore a helmet when he rode on any type of bike.

Okay. Did the doctor surgically implant a helmet in his head? No, ergo he did not "fix" the person by changing his lifestyle. He kept the guy from leaking out of his skull.

The "fix" was taken on personally by the individual. This is learning, not being fixed by modern science to not be a dumbass.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway, nobody makes a cure for heterosexuality or even tries to because it's impossible, and it'd also result in a total genetic suicide of the human race. Not exactly a good outcome. On the other hand, homosexuality is pretty much pointless.

so, if it's poinltess, who cares? Since they can't reproduce, they'll die out. problem solved.

I'll remember that you can rape little boys and still remain straight. That makes sense in some kind of parralel dimension.

technically, it would make them bisexual. So you're frustrations are still misplaced.

The junk you have downstairs makes a surprising amount of difference, actually. Ever heard of the phrase "Thinking with his penis"? Or maybe "It's her time of the month"?

Euphemisms, expressions of linguistics saying A: he's a jerk 'cause he's not using his brain. and B: she's a jerk 'cause she's a she.

True, hormones affect the way we think, no argument there. Yes, men and women have different primary hormones, and therefore are affected differently by them. However, not all men and women have the same level of hormones, nor are all of them affected to the same level as each other.

Uh...you can't change yourself from being a Jew, for one thing. It's a nationality. Sort of like being Asian. And Blacks don't get changed (Well, besides Michael Jackson) because they have no reason to do so. See, being black doesn't require you to commit genetic suicide.

psstt....Jews aren't a race. They're a religion. Their genetic background is a mix of Egyptians, Arabics, and Greeks. According to medical studies, sexual prefernce is genetic, or at the very least, you seem to be born with it. Therefore, they have no need to change either.

That makes no sense. If sex preference was genetic, everyone would be heterosexuals, given that just about everyone is born from a pair of heterosexual adults. The homosexual population derives all it's population from heterosexual's offspring, so they'll never die out.

Those euphemisms actually have a truth to it. The period tends to make women rather irritable for various reasons that I don't entirely understand, given that I possess exteriors instead of interiors, and males have pretty powerful hormones, generally tied to sex and combat, which I actually have experienced.

Wrong. Jews are a race. They may be a mixture of other races, but they are still a race. Actually, they're kind of both. Followers of Judaism are often called Jews, and people from Israel are also often called Jews.

That makes no sense. If sex preference was genetic, everyone would be heterosexuals, given that just about everyone is born from a pair of heterosexual adults.

Genetic mutation, the glorious show of evolution. Many anomalies occur in nature that cannot be easily explained (if at all, hence studies), but they're all natural. It doesn't make anyone inferior, just unique. It's what causes some people to be tall, some people to be short. My parents are both well under 6', I however am, as of last measurement 6'5". How did this happen?

Those euphemisms actually have a truth to it. The period tends to make women rather irritable for various reasons that I don't entirely understand

Sure you do, it's a rapid change in hormone levels. It throws the body off, can cause irritability and change in emotion. Ever been pissed off? Ever been so happy you have no ability to properly apply it to words? It's not some amazing vaginal magic, it's hormones. You may not understand why, but that's why people advocate sexual education.

people from Israel are also often called Jews.

Yeah, because they're the jewish nation, and many are jews.

That makes no sense. If sex preference was genetic, everyone would be heterosexuals, given that just about everyone is born from a pair of heterosexual adults. The homosexual population derives all it's population from heterosexual's offspring, so they'll never die out.

Since genes can mutate, or be damaged during conception and pre-birth development, this is not true. Assuming, that, a baby was to develop in a void, unaffected by anything other than their genetics, then it is probable that they will develop similar to their parents. However, there is still the entirely natural chance for genes to mutate, or be effected by the child's genetic makeup, which is a combination of the parents. So, both those parents could have a half a dozen genes that say you're kid MIGHT be gay, by only when they match up with another specific gene do they become expressed.

Those euphemisms actually have a truth to it. The period tends to make women rather irritable for various reasons that I don't entirely understand, given that I possess exteriors instead of interiors, and males have pretty powerful hormones, generally tied to sex and combat, which I actually have experienced.

You've got cramps and blood coming from you're privates. I think that's enough to make anyone irritable, regardless of other reasons. Women have testosterone too you know, it's tied to, as you say, sex and combat. They simply have it in usually lower quantities than men. That is not to say some women aren't more aggressive than some men.

Easy, Sitherino. Dormant genes. Your grandfathers may have been quite large, or further back in the generations.

I'm QUITE aware that the whole "Time of the month" Thing has a lot to do with hormones. I'm not an idiot, despite appearances. Forget it. I'm not going to argue with you about what I did and didn't know about the female uterus.

I'm sure that a man with the pretty face has less testosterone than the women who can grow full beards. Both are few and rather far between.

Thank you for further enlightening me to things I really don't want to know, Web Rider.

Quote Rogue Nine:

Originally Posted by Arcesious

I highly doubt God ever intedned the verse to be used to say that you can't judge homosexuality.

I'm pretty sure Jesus meant to include all sorts of judging when he said that. He didn't say, 'Judge not, lest ye be judged... oh, except for those gays. Judge them all you want.'

Quote:

Verses in the bible do not contradict each other.

A lot of what Jesus said in the New Testament throws out a lot of Old Testament practices.

Quote:

The bible says one man and one women is the only right way for it to work, nd any other way is wrong.

The Bible also says we should offer burnt sacrifices, kill our wives if they are disobedient and have slaves. Why aren't we following those practices anymore?

Answer: The bible does not contradict itself. you are misterpreting it. The old testament did say to have sacrifices, but after Jesus died on the cross, sacrifices were no longer nesseccary, and the judgement God decies is not to be questioned, because he is God. Yes, alot of the new testament throws out the odl testament; the traditions in th old testament, but it does not condradict. I didn't mean to say we can judge gays. i worded that post wrong wher ei said that and it came accross the wrong way. But of course, homosexuality is an act of immorality that is considered sin in the bible.

Hopefully somoen else answers what i have not answered because there are some things i can answer but i can't put them n the right words.

Yes, alot of the new testament throws out the odl testament; the traditions in th old testament, but it does not condradict.

Um, the Old Testament says one thing and the New Testament says another. I think that's a pretty good example of contradiction.

But of course, homosexuality is an act of immorality that is considered sin in the bible.

Right, but it is up to God to judge sin. Not you.

I never meant to say i'd judge them. but the bible says it's wrong, so God has already judged homosexuality, and since God's the judge and already said it's wrong, i can say it's wrong too becasue the judgement has already been passed. And you still don't seem to be able to see tha tin the bible's entire contrast, it doesn't contradict itself, but it instead supports itself.

Before the misinformation about periods (aka menstruation) gets totally out of hand, here is an article from WebMD called All About Menstruation. Read and learn, my children. :)

Women can experience irritability just prior to their menstrual cycle because of the changes in hormones. If it becomes problematic, women should speak to their doctors to make sure it's not something more serious than the garden variety PMS.

Testosterone levels vary widely among males, and neither testosterone nor estrogen levels are generally associated with homosexuality or heterosexuality. They are involved in the appropriate development and maintenance of the sex organs and fertility.

Women growing beards is called hirsutism and may be a symptom of some specific health problems.

I never meant to say i'd judge them. but the bible says it's wrong, so God has already judged homosexuality, and since God's the judge and already said it's wrong, i can say it's wrong too becasue the judgement has already been passed.

God may have said homosexuality is wrong, however, He still hasn't said that Homosexuals are wrong. Remember the whole: Hate the sin, love the sinner?

I never meant to say i'd judge them. but the bible says it's wrong, so God has already judged homosexuality, and since God's the judge and already said it's wrong, i can say it's wrong too becasue the judgement has already been passed. And you still don't seem to be able to see tha tin the bible's entire contrast, it doesn't contradict itself, but it instead supports itself.

That's fine if you want to be against homosexuality because of what the Bible tells you.

You still have not refuted the points I posted quoting the APA. You started your argument based on scientific factors and I think the APA defeats your position rather handily and with far more authority.

God does punish people. He not all unconditional love. his wrath is shown when it needs to be. The APA things only proves my point as i've said already. besides, we've moved on beyond the APA partially, and this discussion seems to be more one of morals now.

we've been debatign morals this entire debate. debatign people's right sand such is a debate of morals. moral debates never do go anyywhere that's why this thread is goign nowhere.

since you aknowledge that homosexuals are people, why do you think they deserve different rights than other people?

I don't think that this question was really pointed at me, but I will answer it anyways.

I am opposed to homosexuality because I know anatomy wise, thats not how it is meant to be. I am also opposed to it because do you see everyone, or at least a large population of gays? No. Why do some states not allow gays (married) to reside in that state? Because the state's political...people, I guess... think that it is for the most part wrong, otherwise they would let them reside in that state.

besides, we've moved on beyond the APA partially, and this discussion seems to be more one of morals now.

My moral values vis a vis others begin and end with the question "does it directly harm another individual without their consent?"

By that sieve, there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, unless they force it on (i.e. rape) someone else.

Does that mean it's OK to harm an individual _with_ their consent?

S&M is apparently quite popular these days.

Web Rider: i say they deserve the same rights as us now. all i'm saying now is homosexuality is wrong and is a sin according to my beliefs.

So, we(being straight people), have the rights to adoption and marriage, even those of us with issues. You agree now that homosexuals should have these rights too, since they're human beings like the rest of us?

Gays are allowed to reside in whatever state they want. An individual state may not recognize gay marriage (most do not), but that doesn't mean gays can't live in that state. All it means is that the state doesn't recognize homosexual union as legal.

I know, thats why I said,"Why do some states not allow gays (married) to reside in that state?"

Archived