Home

If you put these types of brackets in your pc's name...

Darth Xander

Brackets were inserted into most of the game's dialogues by the devs so they could make comments in them without anything showing up in-game. It's not all that uncommon to see notes like '{make this NPC especially NPCrific if PC has high influence}' embedded in various lines.

Surprising that they'd still allow brackets to be used in character names, though. NWN2 censored profane words from being used in them, so it's obviously not impossible to filter.

NWN2 censored profane words from being used in them, so it's obviously not impossible to filter.

You mean for single-play? You're joking, right? Why on earth would a game company care what I call myself in my own game? MMOs I could see, but single-play?!?

I was thinking that at some point I might buy NWN2. This would dampen that desire.

You mean for single-play? You're joking, right? Why on earth would a game company care what I call myself in my own game? MMOs I could see, but single-play?!?
That's because some large distributors - like Walmart, mainly in the US - insist in such features. They want to have a say in the games they sell.

Brackets were inserted into most of the game's dialogues by the devs so they could make comments in them without anything showing up in-game. It's not all that uncommon to see notes like '{make this NPC especially NPCrific if PC has high influence}' embedded in various lines.

Surprising that they'd still allow brackets to be used in character names, though. NWN2 censored profane words from being used in them, so it's obviously not impossible to filter.

I think it uses a .2da file. There's a 'namefilter.2da' file in the KotOR/TSL .2da's, but it might be redundant...

Archived