Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt... A killer PC is always going to smoke a sub-$300 console designed 2 or 3 years ago. The PC versions of the Halo and KOTOR games were always graphically superior to the XBox versions.

But the 360 is so convenient for starting or hooking up with an online game.

I picked up my Les Paul for the first time in a few weeks.

My fingertips hurt. A good hurt though.

Also, question on the subject, I see alot of guitarists hold the neck with the tumb around the 6E string. Now, I've always held with the thumb against the back of the neck. I've tried, but may it be because my hands are to damned small?

Also, question on the subject, I see alot of guitarists hold the neck with the tumb around the 6E string. Now, I've always held with the thumb against the back of the neck. I've tried, but may it be because my hands are to damned small?

It allows you to fret a bass note without barring all 6 strings with your index finger.

Frees up all 4 fingers to play chord tones and moving voices on the other strings.

This is how Hendrix played all his chords.

It does lessen the amount of tension you can put on the strings, though, as you lose the leverage you can put on the back of the neck.

A lot of guys lock the thumb around the top of the neck for additional leverage when bending notes too.

I tend to play more "classical" position, with my thumb centered on the center of the back of the neck.

My hands are fairly small too... though bigger than my dad's.

they didn't have gears. :( but they had assassin's creed, and i think i needed a little break from shooters and multiplayer....gonna go play it. XD

Fair enough.

Let me know when you do get it.

I may let my cousin borrow it in the meantime, then.

Watched both Narnia DVDs back to back this afternoon.

Pretty good. No Lord Of The Rings... but imaginative and entertaining.

Thanks ed. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one/doing it wrong.

If Scar and I do come down this summer, I think you may have quite the time beating some bad habits out of us...

I look forward to it! :)

Beating the crap out of you both, I mean. :D

I'll get my beatin' club ready. It hungers for fresh blood...

i bet your house is like Jigsaw's. :p

Yeah, I'm going to have to start practicing my practicals and fundamentals. GOtta start with scale memorization and note/fret movement.

Those are indeed the basics.

I can always stand to do more of those myself... but don't forget chords. Playing chords are >75% of what most of us do on guitar. Becoming a killer rhythm player is priceless.

Learn lots of chord voicings, and practice moving around them smoothly, in time.

Topped off my night with a little Modern Warfare. (That's how every day should end, isn't it?) :D

Made some progress.

Those are indeed the basics.

I can always stand to do more of those myself... but don't forget chords. Playing chords are >75% of what most of us do on guitar. Becoming a killer rhythm player is priceless.

Learn lots of chord voicings, and practice moving around them smoothly, in time.

Topped off my night with a little Modern Warfare. (That's how every day should end, isn't it?) :D

Made some progress.

you still doing the single player campaign right? :)

Archived